3 Overlap systems: Point to Point, Pivot to Point, Pivot to equal areas

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Here's a few different ways to use an overlap system.

___overlap post.png

I prefer the pivot to point method but after using the system for a few hours I was able to see the equal areas and use it to check my accuracy. Give them a try and see if one of them clicks for you.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
This looks pretty sweet. Reminds me a of CJ's method.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
Must be karma because I looked at his system last night on youtube. He uses slices of the cue ball aimed at the center or edge of the OB. It gives his system 8-9 spots to aim with. Now of course it's TOI.

The systems don't have any 'granularity' to them. You estimate the points as accurately as possible, just as in contact point systems.

LAMas has a pivoting contact point system on here too. This is similar but you don't need to find the CPs. The points on the edge work just as well if not better.

Once you see the equal areas the process can be quite good for working the last quarter of the ball. Back cuts are much easier to gauge and aim with these overlap methods.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Must be karma because I looked at his system last night on youtube. He uses slices of the cue ball aimed at the center or edge of the OB. It gives his system 8-9 spots to aim with. Now of course it's TOI.

The systems don't have any 'granularity' to them. You estimate the points as accurately as possible, just as in contact point systems.

LAMas has a pivoting contact point system on here too. This is similar but you don't need to find the CPs. The points on the edge work just as well if not better.

Once you see the equal areas the process can be quite good for working the last quarter of the ball. Back cuts are much easier to gauge and aim with these overlap methods.

I like the whole equal-opposite overlap theory.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Too confusing . Sorry.
Might as well just use equal opposites .
Aim the opposites and go straight down.