Does anyone know how the original Mezz Hybrid Pro shafts were made?

I am just curious if anyone here knows how the original Mezz Hybrid Pro (1st generation) shafts were constructed?

By the appearance alone, it just looks like a standard maple shaft, but I wonder if it has some sort of core in it that makes it more stiff then a regular maple shaft would be? I have not have a chance to hit any balls with it yet, so please forgive me if that is a stupid question.

I see that the Hybrid Pro 2 shaft has a Carbon Core in it, but I have been unable to find out how the original Hybrid Pro shafts were constructed.

http://mezzcue.com/en/products_pool/shafts/playcue/hp2

Thanks for any info that you can tell me about the original Mezz Hybrid Pro shaft.

Attachments

• mezz 4.jpg
    mezz 4.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 321

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use one and love it. It has a cf tube that runs from about 3" above joint to just below where the lightened front end starts. It adds stiffness(not too much) to the shaft. To me it hits like a good old-school maple but with a little less deflection. Great shaft imo.

Last edited:
I use one and love it. It has a cf tube that runs from about 3" above joint to just below where the lightened front end starts. It adds stiffness(not too much) to the shaft. To me it hits like a good old-school maple but with a little less deflection. Great shaft imo.

Thanks for the info. I am confused about what you mean by '"just below where the lightened front end starts". How far up does the Carbon Fiber core go into the shaft? Maybe tell me how many inches below the ferrule it goes for example?

Also curious what the difference is in this shaft and their next generation Hybrid Pro 2 shaft is? Maybe the carbon core is longer in that shaft? I have heard that it is an extremely stiff playing shaft.

Thanks for your time.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. I am confused about what you mean by '"just below where the lightened front end starts". How far up does the Carbon Fiber core go into the shaft? Maybe tell me how many inches below the ferrule it goes for example?

Also curious what the difference is in this shaft and their next generation Hybrid Pro 2 shaft is? Maybe the carbon core is longer in that shaft? I have heard that it is an extremely stiff playing shaft.

Thanks for your time.
HP2 was just a smaller diameter(12.5 vs. 12.8mm). All Mezz LD wood shafts have a lightened front end. http://mezzcue.com/en/technology_pool/shaft/wx700 Exactly how far down the filler goes i don't know. Around 5" if i was to guess. Both shafts are pretty stiff. I just prefer a bigger diameter. Love the HP1 myself. BTW, the HP1 became the Hybrid Alpha but they changed the ferrule and it doesn't feel/sound the same. Great shaft just different. That shaft was replaced with the WX-a and i've never hit one of these. That cue you got is nice. You'll like it i'm sure.

Last edited:
HP2 was just a smaller diameter(12.5 vs. 12.8mm). All Mezz LD wood shafts have a lightened front end. http://mezzcue.com/en/technology_pool/shaft/wx700 Exactly how far down the filler goes i don't know. Around 5" if i was to guess. Both shafts are pretty stiff. I just prefer a bigger diameter. Love the HP1 myself. BTW, the HP1 became the Hybrid Alpha but they changed the ferrule and it doesn't feel/sound the same. Great shaft just different. That shaft was replaced with the WX-a and i've never hit one of these. That cue you got is nice. You'll like it i'm sure.

Thanks, and thank you very much for all the info. Very interesting.

Always read such great reviews about Mezz cues, and I have finally been able to obtain one.

Last edited: