The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very Brief is relative!

When you know several books worth, fitting what you want to say on one page is brief! I read enough here to know I would like to take a lesson from you if I played golf and I have never shot a single hole.

Some want to know a lot of theory, some understand you can "blackbox" a lot of background knowledge and still be successful. Sitting through four days of intense class to get to what you want to know in the last four hours is kinda painful!

I passed through my "know it all" teen years very quickly if I ever went into them at all. As a competitor, I couldn't deny I was getting my butt kicked by old men that weren't nearly as knowledgeable as I was! I realized that a lot of my knowledge didn't bring me even the tiniest bit closer to winning. Some of it actually hurt my progress.

I studied entire books only to have all of the information in them trumped by a one or two sentence bit of advice from a many years successful competitor. One thing I had to learn, sometimes you aren't ready for information. A world champion told me something. Tried it, gave it a serious test, didn't work for me! Went back to my old way of doing things but I didn't forget what he had told me. Revisited the technique in six or eight months, "nope, doesn't fit." I went back to my old way of doing things but once in awhile I would think about what I had been told. Roughly two years from when I was first told, I gave the technique my third serious test. "Wow, this is the gold plated nuts!" I wasn't ready for the information the first or even second time I tried to use it, third time was the charm. I am glad it clicked that time because I would probably have abandoned the information after three failures. Some things don't work for all of us!

I just watched a lesson from maybe the greatest pistol shooter in the world in my lifetime, Jerry Miculek. Jerry has over twenty world championships and many records. He was teaching two young men how to shoot fast. He was teaching the opposite, literally complete opposite, of what I had learned from another multi-time world champion, with far fewer world championships than Jerry. I wouldn't change over to Jerry's technique for several reasons but a striking reminder of more than one way to get to heaven!

Hu

IMHO, there have been quite a few good posts regarding the question asked at the beginning of this thread. I would like to just give a very brief opinion from my perspective, as a golf pro who gave his first lesson 44 years ago, and have worked with beginners through touring pros.

At the outset, I ask many questions of a student a few days prior to our initial evaluation lesson, or at the beginning of the lesson if they were scheduled very recently. These questions are in no particular order but I would like their answers to as many as possible.

1. How long playing golf?
2. Any physical limitations?
3. Avg. score or USGA handicap?
4. Biggest frustrations playing golf?
5. What are their perceived strengths/weaknesses in golf?
6. Previous lessons?
7. Any current goals in golf?
8. How often do they play/practice?
9. Other sports playing/played?
10. How would they rate their eye/hand coordination?
11. Do they believe they are a patient person?
12. How would they rate their work ethic?
13. Do they play for pleasure, business, or to be competitive?
14. Do they believe they are a competitive person?
15. Do they find practice to be helpful/not helpful/boring/fun?
16. Are they willing to work to build a better game/swing?
17. What are their strengths/weaknesses in golf?
18. Do they have subscriptions to golf publications?
19. Do they watch the Golf Channel or maybe YouTube golf instructional programs?
20. Do they know if they are right or left eye dominant? (I'll test to find out if they aren't sure)
21. Do they want to understand the physics and geometry of the golf swing or would they rather just leave all of that to me without them having to think of such stuff?

Based upon their answers to general questions like these, I may or may not ask more questions. It is extremely important for me to get inside their heads as much as possible if I am going to give them the most efficient help and also teach them how to enjoy the process much, much more than they may have ever dreamed they would.

Having said all of that, if I was to list the major reasons why people don't improve at golf, or improve very slowly, the following would be some of the basic reasons:

They practice incorrectly
They don't understand cause and effect related to the golf swing
They don't have clearly defined goals
They are too drunk on watching their ball striking quality to focus on building better fundamentals
They find practice boring
They don't believe they can get much better because they have erected prison walls around what they perceive is their talent level
They listen to too many people giving advice
They fail to have a clearly set goal for each practice session, which leads to confusion and more drunkenness on their ball striking at present
If they fail to plan, they plan to fail is a very accurate statement when it comes to improvement that is consistent and reliable

My company slogan is this; "Building World Class Golf Swings...one swing at a time!"

I can teach any golfer who has fairly good health, to have a world class golf swing. Yes, yes, I know...that sounds awfully arrogant, but once I show them how simple it really is, and show them how fast they can improve if they are willing to trust me, they are usually surprised how fast they can start to get into quality positions in their swing.

The reason why I gave my two cents in this discussion, is because the commonality between improvement at golf or pool, is dealing with human nature. When I show my students how to steadily improve, and that improvement is not left up to the gods, but is in their control, they start to break down those prison walls.

The great thing about all of that though, is that they soon see that many of the mental weaknesses they have related to golf, are the same weaknesses that keep them from more success in life, relationships, business, or maybe their acceptance of themselves, as it relates to self-esteem.

What I love about all of it, and why I am so passionate about my work, is getting to see the epiphanies people get, intermittently as we work together. I also love seeing them experience freedom that they might not have felt since childhood, when they start breaking down those prison walls, which they erected themselves over years or decades.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with most of what you say....but....;

You are perceptive to notice what you noticed about yourself...assuming what you said is true. I've trained and certified over 1,000 teachers through the years, and I can tell you that the minority of those teachers naturally understood about themselves, what you said about yourself.

I try to tell every teacher I work with, that they absolutely MUST know the science of what they teach...backwards and forwards. The success they achieve will be determined more though, by how well they know and use the art of instruction.

Then...there are those who know the science and the art well, but they lack the ability to demonstrate technique to virtually a world class level...which doesn't have to be.

Finally...a successful teacher should understand that they can be a gifted teacher, but lack the spirit of a teacher. That is a term I use to describe the teacher's attitude towards developing their students to the point that the student no longer needs the teacher, and pushing the student beyond what the teacher has achieved.

This takes a person who knows and understands that what they should keep in mind for their entire life is; it is always about the student, and never about the teacher. A teacher's ego should never withhold that which can make the student superior to the teacher.

Your last sentence here is very correct. I see certified teachers that don't have a clue. Whatever they learned to be certified , they ended up adding their own twist to it. Plus you really have to have a PASSION above everything else. Be excited about teaching and helping players.

I'm not certified but I have taught some players that have been certified. They try sometimes to teach what I teach with the eyes but soon give up. One guy down south got it so turned around that it was just a mess. He was going to try to explain to me the new things he learned. Finally when he told me I didn't even reply back. It was just so far off. Anyone that he was trying to teach would just have a mess also.

Another certified guy I was teaching kind of butted in and started showing me his stuff. It was a mess. Didn't have a clue.

Others tell me they got certified just so they could say they were.

There are good players/teachers that are certified. Good luck with finding the right one.

If you are going to tell players that what you are teaching is amazing like I do you better be able to back it up. I can. And with confidence.

Totally 100% get huge improvement and know this is why they were having trouble improving.

If I have someone that is a little skeptical I tell them if they are not totally amazed about what they learn I will pay them.

I've even went as far as giving them the money before we start. They be the judge. If they are not totally amazed in the first 30 minutes we can stop the lesson and they can keep the money and we part friends.

I get extreme results. Very confident that the players I work with get great bang for their buck.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Your last sentence here is very correct. I see certified teachers that don't have a clue. Whatever they learned to be certified , they ended up adding their own twist to it. Plus you really have to have a PASSION above everything else. Be excited about teaching and helping players.

I'm not certified but I have taught some players that have been certified. They try sometimes to teach what I teach with the eyes but soon give up. One guy down south got it so turned around that it was just a mess. He was going to try to explain to me the new things he learned. Finally when he told me I didn't even reply back. It was just so far off. Anyone that he was trying to teach would just have a mess also.

Another certified guy I was teaching kind of butted in and started showing me his stuff. It was a mess. Didn't have a clue.

Others tell me they got certified just so they could say they were.

There are good players/teachers that are certified. Good luck with finding the right one.

If you are going to tell players that what you are teaching is amazing like I do you better be able to back it up. I can. And with confidence.

Totally 100% get huge improvement and know this is why they were having trouble improving.

If I have someone that is a little skeptical I tell them if they are not totally amazed about what they learn I will pay them.

I've even went as far as giving them the money before we start. They be the judge. If they are not totally amazed in the first 30 minutes we can stop the lesson and they can keep the money and we part friends.

I get extreme results. Very confident that the players I work with get great bang for their buck.

So Geno if your amiing system is the best thing since sliced bread, why is it not on one or more of the Pool Online web-site, like Muellers, Syberts, Pool Dawg, Billiard's Wearhouse, etc., they have not added your creation to their offering? Of instructional DVD's

BTW as I have I actually got to view the Generation One Perfect Aim DVD, as Fast Larry loaned me his copy, After viewing the material I retired it, gave it FIVE THUMBS DOWN because it Contained Nothing New, or Exciting.

I thinking you would do well selling Used Cars, New Car, or Time Shares, might do better financial that hype your perfect system IMHO.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny for sure.....

So Geno if your amiing system is the best thing since sliced bread, why is it not on one or more of the Pool Online web-site, like Muellers, Syberts, Pool Dawg, Billiard's Wearhouse, etc., they have not added your creation to their offering? Of instructional DVD's

BTW as I have I actually got to view the Generation One Perfect Aim DVD, as Fast Larry loaned me his copy, After viewing the material I retired it, gave it FIVE THUMBS DOWN because it Contained Nothing New, or Exciting.

I thinking you would do well selling Used Cars, New Car, or Time Shares, might do better financial that hype your perfect system IMHO.

Sorry you couldn't get it from the video. Many people don't understand it just from the video. This is one thing that has kept this info a secret except for the few.

Rodney Morris wanted to sell it on his website in 2009 after I showed him. He was shocked. 2009 July.

I think Rodney's reaction was correct.

And I'm still telling the same story.

This was and is one of the biggest discoveries ever in POOL...

Robert.Beak

Registered
Beginners usually have some difficulty in setting the wrist rest in difficult situations, for example, when the cue ball is close to the board or when it is necessary to hit the cue ball through the ball ("from the ball") in this case, the bridge should be given special attention - without a reliable stop movement the cue will not be straightforward, and you simply will not get to the point on the cue ball that you aim at.

The open bridge is only suitable for low-force strikes, without lateral twisting, with difficult access to the cue ball. In other cases, it is recommended for beginners to use a closed bridge. However, this is not an axiom.

The reason most pros play with closed wrist rests is because most of them started playing as children and had short arms, so they kept the cue in the center of gravity or even closer to the center. And in order to fix the shaft, they had to use a closed stop, growing up, they, of course, adhered to the usual technique.
depositphotos_249471178-stock-photo-cute-boy-yellow-shirt-plays.jpg

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So which world pro are you that we should put any value into your "five thumbs down"

Archer400

Registered
Hi Everyone,
I had the pleasure of having taken a lesson from Gene in person last weekend.
I met him at a local pool hall and was watching him over on the table kitty corner from me and it looked like he was teaching someone how to play pool. The more I watched the more I was intrigued with what he was doing. And when I watched him after he was done giving a lesson, Gene was playing a tournament right next to me. He just never missed a ball, for most part, and his positioning was amazing. He beat his opponent and After that I went over to ask him if he gave lessons. His eyes lit up and right away we were on a table and we was trying to see what my dominant eye was. We figured out it was my left eye. And he wanted to keep on going, but he was being called to another table to play another opponent. He gave me a a flyer and that was the first time I ever heard about Perfect aim.
I had no idea before what this was about so I was unbiased, but his excitement was contagious and I wanted more. we set up a appointment for the next day.
Once we got there, We went through the drills and he proved to me I was left eye dominant. He told me watching me I had a lot of skills and knowledge but I wasn't seeing the ball right. and I am 6' 4 inches and I was holding my cue wrong. We put a extension on my cue and he worked on my stroked for like 15 minutes and then I was stroking properly. That was huge in itself. I already was aiming with CTE Pro so I truly believed that was a huge plus for me because I understood fractions of the ball well. It took a little time to change that over, And at first when I got the aim down I still wanted to sweep into the cue ball. And it worked well, but he wanted me to do it his way. after working with me for 3 to 4 hrs total. I pretty much got it. I was making balls and seeing balls so much better. He was so excited for me!
I still had to concentrate on what I was doing to see the ball correctly. But I knew this was the best thing I ever came across. I understand pool theory pretty well, I love learning and have practiced a lot with different Systems and understand english and how throw works, etc. But I would always screw up on making balls. I was a good 5 ball runner but not a great 8 or nine ball runner. Anyway with the fixing of my stroke and the new way to look at the ball I can hit what ever I am looking at, and because I am hitting the ball the right where I think I'm hitting, the cue ball control is unreal.
Gene told me after the lesson that I was a master in disguise. And I see that that can be true with more practice.
I went to show my skills the next day and played about 50 % better but I really had to concentrate on how I was seeing the balls and I wasn't truly happy with my results.
Still I won every match. But I thought I could do better. I went home and watched his dvd and realized what I was doing wrong. Went downstairs to the pool table, and this the gods honest truth, I implemented what he said in the video and now I can see every shot on the table both right and left sides I know everyone one of you know what it like to all of a sudden just be able to see the shot and then you think yes I got it! only to find the next day that is gone again. But wouldn't it be great to know how to be able to find it again, even when you cant see it, with just a slight correction and there is again! I have looking for this piece of the puzzle forever!. Now just because you can see the shot from above you still have be able to fine tune it when you get down on the ball. But it is like a laser beam to the pocket. so it gets you there to see the shot to be able to fine tune the shot,. So it is not a aiming system so to speak, It's a way to view the line of sight to get you to the correct aim.
I paid for this, and if anyone thinks this is not worth, And Gene is not one of the Best instructors out there, I would say take him up on the offer, meet him in person and take a lesson from him, as he says if you don't honestly feel this did not help you in the first 20 to 30 minutes and he will part ways friends and not charge you.
I did not know this man until last week and all I do is tell people about him. But not people that play pool around me. At lest not for a while. I want to keep this edge to myself.
I am 60 years old and in 4 hrs of his training I am playing the best pool of my life.
He did tell me before I started the lesson that I am going to be mad at him after we finish. I asked why, and he said because you didn't meet me 20 yrs ago.
And he is right and am so pissed off right now..
haha.
I know this was a long post but I see so many people bashing him on here, but the thing you never see is anyone that took a lesson from him, bashing him. IT truly is the Holy grail of pool., You just got to see it to believe it..
Gene has no idea that I am posting this, so I know it will be a shock even to him but he deserves every once of praise. If it seems like I am over reacting, see how you feel after after a lesson with him.

Bob

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eyes

Recently I started playing with glasses. They had big lenses with the top edge at my eyebrow. I'm 58, and balls were just too fuzzy. Hard to see the edges, especially in long sessions. My skill level is 7/8 in APA, so far from any professional level. Now, with these glasses, I could see the balls so clearly. They were crystal clear! Only problem is I really struggled. My game was way off! Shots that I thought looked on were not. Very frustrating to see so clearly, but now play so poorly. I tried very hard. Practiced every day for about two months and just couldn't make it work. So, I said good bye and I'm back to where I started. Back to fuzzy balls lol.
So here is my question. The only thing changed was the glasses. Was my sight/alignment off because the glasses changed my head position, or something else? Thanks in advance for any insight.

I have read this thread, and I'm of the opinion many great points have been made. There are many moving parts to this game we all love. It kinda sounds like the chicken and the egg quandary. What it comes down to for me is that fundamentals, and shot line recognition are of equal importance, and any help I can get helps me build a better, more consistent foundation.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Beginners usually have some difficulty in setting the wrist rest in difficult situations, for example, when the cue ball is close to the board or when it is necessary to hit the cue ball through the ball ("from the ball") in this case, the bridge should be given special attention - without a reliable stop movement the cue will not be straightforward, and you simply will not get to the point on the cue ball that you aim at.

The open bridge is only suitable for low-force strikes, without lateral twisting, with difficult access to the cue ball. In other cases, it is recommended for beginners to use a closed bridge. However, this is not an axiom.

The reason most pros play with closed wrist rests is because most of them started playing as children and had short arms, so they kept the cue in the center of gravity or even closer to the center. And in order to fix the shaft, they had to use a closed stop, growing up, they, of course, adhered to the usual technique.
depositphotos_249471178-stock-photo-cute-boy-yellow-shirt-plays.jpg
Uh... what?

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently I started playing with glasses. They had big lenses with the top edge at my eyebrow. I'm 58, and balls were just too fuzzy. Hard to see the edges, especially in long sessions. My skill level is 7/8 in APA, so far from any professional level. Now, with these glasses, I could see the balls so clearly. They were crystal clear! Only problem is I really struggled. My game was way off! Shots that I thought looked on were not. Very frustrating to see so clearly, but now play so poorly. I tried very hard. Practiced every day for about two months and just couldn't make it work. So, I said good bye and I'm back to where I started. Back to fuzzy balls lol.
So here is my question. The only thing changed was the glasses. Was my sight/alignment off because the glasses changed my head position, or something else? Thanks in advance for any insight.

I have read this thread, and I'm of the opinion many great points have been made. There are many moving parts to this game we all love. It kinda sounds like the chicken and the egg quandary. What it comes down to for me is that fundamentals, and shot line recognition are of equal importance, and any help I can get helps me build a better, more consistent foundation.

I played with glasses until the mid-80's.

Then I switched to contact lenses and now cannot imagine playing with glasses. I suspect that you were changing your PSR to get a good view through your glasses and that would change everything. Nowadays, I have my optician give me a prescription adjusted for seeing best at the 2'- 10' range for pool. After the exam, when he thinks he has it right, he gives me two different sets of trial lenses that vary just slightly and I see (ha ha) which set works best. So even though I have horrible corrected vision, I see pool balls pretty good.

Lou Figueroa

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job Lou..

I played with glasses until the mid-80's.

Then I switched to contact lenses and now cannot imagine playing with glasses. I suspect that you were changing your PSR to get a good view through your glasses and that would change everything. Nowadays, I have my optician give me a prescription adjusted for seeing best at the 2'- 10' range for pool. After the exam, when he thinks he has it right, he gives me two different sets of trial lenses that vary just slightly and I see (ha ha) which set works best. So even though I have horrible corrected vision, I see pool balls pretty good.

Lou Figueroa

This says it all. I got a pair of glasses also for seeing 2 to 14 '. Couldn't play with them. Got contacts. Worked great.

I wish I would have talked to you Lou about this. I went to about 12 eye doctors until I found one that got it right. He was a pool player. Imagine that...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Only problem is I really struggled. My game was way off! Shots that I thought looked on were not. Very frustrating to see so clearly, but now play so poorly. I tried very hard. Practiced every day for about two months and just couldn't make it work. So, I said good bye and I'm back to where I started. Back to fuzzy balls lol.
I've been playing with contacts for a long time. Without glasses/contacts I say "E" on the eye test because I have that line memorized.

I had a pair of glasses that brought the balls into focus, but they had severe barrel distortion. It's challenging to cut a ball along a curved rail. Maybe if I played with them all the time I could have gotten used to them, but I only tried them when my lenses were bothering me.

Some optometrists offer special shooting glasses. The ones I've seen sit very high on the nose. It seems that glasses also have a "vision center" and you want to be looking through that center when you need accuracy. On a typical pair of glasses you will be looking through the top of the lenses.

I don't have a recommendation for a pool optometrist but this has been discussed before here.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
When I first thought I might need glasses for pool I experimented with cheap reading glasses worn upside down for more height. That convinced me, and I got contacts - it was easy to get them focused for 2'-12' distance and corrected for astigmatism.

Now I suck in perfect focus.

pj
chgo

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,
I had the pleasure of having taken a lesson from Gene in person last weekend.
I met him at a local pool hall and was watching him over on the table kitty corner from me and it looked like he was teaching someone how to play pool. The more I watched the more I was intrigued with what he was doing. And when I watched him after he was done giving a lesson, Gene was playing a tournament right next to me. He just never missed a ball, for most part, and his positioning was amazing. He beat his opponent and After that I went over to ask him if he gave lessons. His eyes lit up and right away we were on a table and we was trying to see what my dominant eye was. We figured out it was my left eye. And he wanted to keep on going, but he was being called to another table to play another opponent. He gave me a a flyer and that was the first time I ever heard about Perfect aim.
I had no idea before what this was about so I was unbiased, but his excitement was contagious and I wanted more. we set up a appointment for the next day.
Once we got there, We went through the drills and he proved to me I was left eye dominant. He told me watching me I had a lot of skills and knowledge but I wasn't seeing the ball right. and I am 6' 4 inches and I was holding my cue wrong. We put a extension on my cue and he worked on my stroked for like 15 minutes and then I was stroking properly. That was huge in itself. I already was aiming with CTE Pro so I truly believed that was a huge plus for me because I understood fractions of the ball well. It took a little time to change that over, And at first when I got the aim down I still wanted to sweep into the cue ball. And it worked well, but he wanted me to do it his way. after working with me for 3 to 4 hrs total. I pretty much got it. I was making balls and seeing balls so much better. He was so excited for me!
I still had to concentrate on what I was doing to see the ball correctly. But I knew this was the best thing I ever came across. I understand pool theory pretty well, I love learning and have practiced a lot with different Systems and understand english and how throw works, etc. But I would always screw up on making balls. I was a good 5 ball runner but not a great 8 or nine ball runner. Anyway with the fixing of my stroke and the new way to look at the ball I can hit what ever I am looking at, and because I am hitting the ball the right where I think I'm hitting, the cue ball control is unreal.
Gene told me after the lesson that I was a master in disguise. And I see that that can be true with more practice.
I went to show my skills the next day and played about 50 % better but I really had to concentrate on how I was seeing the balls and I wasn't truly happy with my results.
Still I won every match. But I thought I could do better. I went home and watched his dvd and realized what I was doing wrong. Went downstairs to the pool table, and this the gods honest truth, I implemented what he said in the video and now I can see every shot on the table both right and left sides I know everyone one of you know what it like to all of a sudden just be able to see the shot and then you think yes I got it! only to find the next day that is gone again. But wouldn't it be great to know how to be able to find it again, even when you cant see it, with just a slight correction and there is again! I have looking for this piece of the puzzle forever!. Now just because you can see the shot from above you still have be able to fine tune it when you get down on the ball. But it is like a laser beam to the pocket. so it gets you there to see the shot to be able to fine tune the shot,. So it is not a aiming system so to speak, It's a way to view the line of sight to get you to the correct aim.
I paid for this, and if anyone thinks this is not worth, And Gene is not one of the Best instructors out there, I would say take him up on the offer, meet him in person and take a lesson from him, as he says if you don't honestly feel this did not help you in the first 20 to 30 minutes and he will part ways friends and not charge you.
I did not know this man until last week and all I do is tell people about him. But not people that play pool around me. At lest not for a while. I want to keep this edge to myself.
I am 60 years old and in 4 hrs of his training I am playing the best pool of my life.
He did tell me before I started the lesson that I am going to be mad at him after we finish. I asked why, and he said because you didn't meet me 20 yrs ago.
And he is right and am so pissed off right now..
haha.
I know this was a long post but I see so many people bashing him on here, but the thing you never see is anyone that took a lesson from him, bashing him. IT truly is the Holy grail of pool., You just got to see it to believe it..
Gene has no idea that I am posting this, so I know it will be a shock even to him but he deserves every once of praise. If it seems like I am over reacting, see how you feel after after a lesson with him.

Bob

Something smell fishy above, first post, wonder who is this Bob. Real deal person, or ?

Archer400

Registered
Real Or Deal? This matters?
Real deal.
I love the game of pool. and really have been trying to master it for the last 3 yrs. I even got a pool table almost two years ago just so I could keep playing.
My real name is Bob Pingree. I used to play a lot at Biffs before it closed down. Now play at 2 stooges and CR billards. Also have friends at Mpls Billiards club. I am not a member but go there on saturdays with friends.
My game in the last couple of days just gets better and better. It really has opened a whole new world to me.
I am still really hoping people around here are not reading this.. I dont that many people knowing about it around were I play. I am waiting until this weekend to play with some of my friends.
and maybe some that are not my friends..
I have been dreading since Sunday after Gene gave my the lesson that the Sight ( so to speak ) would go away, Sometimes I do get in the right position by accident and I think, wow! I finally got that piece that I was missing, I can see every shot! But then the next day it is gone, and I cant figure out why. But now I go and shoot and all I have to do is adjust a bit and I can see the line. I do miss sometimes but I realize it not because I dont see the shot, But I did not stroke properly or I added english and did not adjust quite right. Even Jacked up shots are so much more accurate.
I was practicing with on the rail long shots. which were my worse shots, I could never make them.
Lat night I made 8 in a row, moving the object ball up and down the rail. I ran 3 racks in a row playing 8 ball but using the nine ball in the middle as the opponents ball. Granted It wasnt a true game of 8 ball, or nine ball, but it was 24 balls in a row with out missing.
and going out on the 8.
Never was I able to do that before.
I would never promote something I did not believe in. And I truly believe in this.
I have all the dr dave videos and the CTE PRO videos and the tor videos. I know some of them are on here, so they can look me up and see that I have bought their and practiced all their informational videos. I understand, stun, follow, draw, English, throw, 90 degree Tangent lines, 30 degree rolling shots. Fractional aiming. 3/4 ball, 1/2 ball, 1/3 ball 1/4 ball 1/8 th ball. Diamond systems, 2 rail shot systems, 3 rail shot systems,
I believe that you really need all this, but if you dont aim properly, you will always have problems.
Gene fixed this for me.
Now I am working on my jump shots. And because I can see the right way they are going in. as long as I get over the ball. I dont have the flick of the wrist down yet.
So yes,
I am the real deal. Just a 60 year old man that loves the game. My wife says sometimes to much.

Archer400

Registered
Real deal.
I love the game of pool. and really have been trying to master it for the last 3 yrs. I even got a pool table almost two years ago just so I could keep playing.
My real name is Bob Pingree. I used to play a lot at Biffs before it closed down. Now play at 2 stooges and CR billards. Also have friends at Mpls Billiards club. I am not a member but go there on saturdays with friends.
My game in the last couple of days just gets better and better. It really has opened a whole new world to me.
I am still really hoping people around here are not reading this.. I dont that many people knowing about it around were I play. I am waiting until this weekend to play with some of my friends.
I have been dreading since Sunday after Gene gave my the lesson that the Sight ( so to speak ) would go away, Sometimes I do get in the right position by accident and I think, wow! I finally got that piece that I was missing, I can see every shot! But then the next day it is gone, and I cant figure out why. But now I go and shoot and all I have to do is adjust a bit and I can see the line. I do miss sometimes but I realize it not because I dont see the shot, But I did not stroke properly or I added english and did not adjust quite right. Even Jacked up shots are so much more accurate.
I was practicing with on the rail long shots. which were my worse shots, I could never make them.
Lat night I made 8 in a row, moving the object ball up and down the rail. I ran 3 racks in a row playing 8 ball but using the nine ball in the middle as the opponents ball. Granted It wasnt a true game of 8 ball, or nine ball, but it was 24 balls in a row with out missing.
and going out on the 8.
I would never promote something I did not believe in. And I truly believe in this.
I have all the dr dave videos and the CTE PRO videos and the tor videos. I know some of them are on here, so they can look me up and see that I have bought their and practiced all their informational videos. I understand, stun, follow, draw, English, throw, 90 degree Tangent lines, 30 degree rolling shots. Fractional aiming. 3/4 ball, 1/2 ball, 1/3 ball 1/4 ball 1/8 th ball. Diamond systems, 2 rail shot systems, 3 rail shot systems,
I believe that you really need all this, but if you dont aim properly, you will always have problems.
Gene fixed this for me.
Now I am working on my jump shots. And because I can see the right way they are going in. as long as I get over the ball. I dont have the flick of the wrist down yet.
So yes,
I am the real deal. Just a 60 year old man that loves the game. My wife says sometimes to much.
Oh when I said I was practicing on the rail long shots, I meant I had the Cue ball on the short rail, and was moving the object ball up and down the table, so I had to aim, then jack up on the cue ball to make the shot off the rail. And I did that 8 times in a row.
Not the object ball on the long rail and the cue ball open. Just wanted to clarify that.
One of the things Gene makes you do is hit object balls that are on the rail, until you can hit them at 1/32 of the object ball and roll them in. And that is hard, but it will only work if you are seeing correctly with your dominant eye.

Bob

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
So Geno if your amiing system is the best thing since sliced bread, why is it not on one or more of the Pool Online web-site, like Muellers, Syberts, Pool Dawg, Billiard's Wearhouse, etc., they have not added your creation to their offering?

Honestly, whether or not any certain product is available online through Meullers or Seyberts, or wherever, isn't an indication of that product's quality or usefulness. There are plenty of questionable products available on these sites for people to waste their money on.

More than likely the reason Gene's product isn't offered on these websites is for the same reason my book isn't offered on these sites -- we simply haven't reached out to these places. It's typically a simple process, not a lot of hoops to jump through -- just send a couple of copies for review. Like I said, there are some questionable products (as far as quality and usefulness goes) that one can find on any of these online pool/billiards places, so I don't believe too many products get turned down.

Anyway, I have no doubt about the quality or usefulness of what Gene is offering. The amount of positive reviews is a pretty good indication that Perfect Aim is worth checking out for anyone who needs it.

As far as the OP's question goes, I'd say the reason most lower level players never improve is directly related to lack of quality, purposeful practice. Playing a lot of pool or simply shooting a lot of balls every day isn't purposeful practice unless you already have excellent fundamentals, a consistent stroke, and consistent aiming/alignment skills. Without these things, simply playing a lot or shooting a lot of balls is not going to help you improve at a good pace. The reason why is because any flaws you have will just be getting repeated over and over. This solidifies any bad habits or bad fundamentals. In other words, I think the reason most lower level players struggle to improve is because they have created the habit of not improving. There could also be some sighting issues, how they see and align their cue. But I don't believe this is the main thing holding most aspiring players back.

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real deal.
and going out on the 8.
Gene fixed this for me.
So yes,

Glad you had a positive experience. You do understand that the sarcasm is at the spam? GM just advertises here and provides no information other than everything besides his alleged secrets is wrong.

Here's what I do about getting on the shot line. I aim with the stick right above the cue ball and ON the shot line. Further when in this position you can practice the shot itself over and over. Nobody calls foul. You pull the trigger knowing exactly what AND how you're going to hit.

You say "trying to master for three years". How long have you been at pool?

Archer400

Registered
Glad you had a positive experience. You do understand that the sarcasm is at the spam? GM just advertises here and provides no information other than everything besides his alleged secrets is wrong.

Here's what I do about getting on the shot line. I aim with the stick right above the cue ball and ON the shot line. Further when in this position you can practice the shot itself over and over. Nobody calls foul. You pull the trigger knowing exactly what AND how you're going to hit.

You say "trying to master for three years". How long have you been at pool?
I used to play a lot when I was younger Teens to mid twenties, but then I got marrried and had kids and just kind of gave up on it. Then about 3 yrs ago I saw some videos on you tube and I got hooked again.
I watched all the learning videos I could for free on youtube, started playing again at Biffs, you could play all day for 5 dollar's! What a shame that closed down, because of pandemic. I would play for sometimes 8 to 10 hrs at a time. But mostly on weekends and Friday's I don't usually work on fridays.
I got pretty good, but never good enough because I couldnt keep my aim. So I just starting getting more and more instructional videos. I tried them all, and mostly ended up with a combination of CTE PRO and, edge of Ferrell aiming. But i really had to be on to see the lines. But when I did I was deadly,
Problem was, it never stayed. So I kept learning and practicing. I even had people say. they like to watch my first game to see what Bob they are going to play. Cause eventually I was going to not see the shots again, and then you go with where you think you should hit it. So I kept looking for something that would let me see what I knew I could see, but I couldn't get there myself.
And that is where Gene came in. Also i have to mention, he fixed my stroke, because I am 6' 4" I needed to extend my cue. I had a 11 inch extension that fits in the but of my cue for long shots so we used that. it helped tremendously. So now I had both things going for me. Much better stroke and could see the lines. Last night I just got my 4 inch Balance rite forward weighted extension. And I am loving that.
So it wasn't just the aiming that helped me it was correcting my stroke also.
I just kind of got the perfect storm with Gene.