Who makes the best custom break cue under $250?

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm interested in buying a break cue. One friend recommended either an inexpensive J&J or a Pechauer (top of my budget.) Another suggested that I could have a good one custom made for less than $250.

Most people on AZB know a lot more than I do, and have A LOT more experience than I do. So I would very much appreciate hearing people's thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations.

Thank you.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
You could find a Rick Howard mace jump/break cue in that range. I have a custom Howard J/B that breaks amazing. I am not using it right now, but I won't sell it. For about a year, I actually put a softer tip on it and played exclusively with that cue.

I think for break cues, you won't find anything better than what Rick puts out.

jnbrazilian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
break cue

My opinion is the j. Pechauer break cue cuz of its forward balance I have a very bad back and its saved me a lot of pain since I've owned for 3 years its been nothing but relly good to me good luck

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
anything by Gulyassy. I used one of his Sledgehammers for a long time and it was great but I wanted to get away from the phenolic so I tried a bunch of different break cues by different makers. I eventually got to an orange crusher by Gulyassy and it is great. It has a Samsara break tip on it which it phenomenal. He makes great products, you can usually find an orange crusher for around $150 on the forum. Good luck in your search.

TNKen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There was an OB break on here a few weeks ago in your price range.

Don't know if it sold, but they get the job done.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Imo, in the low price range, nothing really competes with a J&J, especially if you install with a white diamond tip....you may also have to retaper the shaft a little bit to tweak it. Best part, you'll have almost $100 left in your pocket.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Inexpensive Break

IMHO TNT J/B with purpleheart shaft. I have played with an older McD jump break, J&J and even tried a Mezz Powerbreak. Change the tip to Samsara and you cant go wrong.