Mosconi Cup week 2018

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never said I wanted him to stay home? Not sure where you are getting that?

Let's hope MR gets a US stream other than Facebook.
You have to admit, Facebook streaming is pretty lowbrow. This is Barry "putting 300K into US pool to save it" Hearn.
This is the Mosconi Cup.

But ESPN3 has water polo replays. That's cool too.:thumbup:

World Snooker streams on FB. Maybe BH has a deal with them, I don't know.

What I do know is that I don't think I've ever had an issue with watching a stream on FB, but I have had plenty of issues with Accu Stats and other PPV streams.

So it's always baffling to me to hear people say they have issues with FB.

Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... What I do know is that I don't think I've ever had an issue with watching a stream on FB ...

It was down briefly on Facebook yesterday -- Match 3, Game 1. Niels was running out with 4 balls left, and ........ gone. It's not on the match recording, either.

[Looked like an easy out from there; I'm counting it as a B&R.]

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was down briefly on Facebook yesterday -- Match 3, Game 1. Niels was running out with 4 balls left, and ........ gone. It's not on the match recording, either.

[Looked like an easy out from there; I'm counting it as a B&R.]

Half a game out of however many they've played so far? I'd say that's pretty good so far.

I remember not so long ago there was almost an entire day that had issues at the US Open. I want to say the entire stream didn't work, or maybe it was just really spotty throughout the whole day. I can't remember for sure.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay so there is one thing that kind of bugs me about watching on my phone. The fact that the FB Live graphic is placed right over the graphic with the overall score. The FB Live graphic probably won't change, so it'd be nice if MR/Sky Sports could move the score graphic to the right corner of the screen.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Okay so there is one thing that kind of bugs me about watching on my phone. The fact that the FB Live graphic is placed right over the graphic with the overall score. The FB Live graphic probably won't change, so it'd be nice if MR/Sky Sports could move the score graphic to the right corner of the screen.

Watching on a phone? :confused: :eek: :nono:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I kind of get it because of the demographics on AZ being what they are, but if you think the stream is reaching fewer people on a GIANT social media platform like Facebook than it would on specialty app like ESPN3 or a regular pool ppv stream you are absolutely kidding yourself.

It is probably even reaching more potential viewers than if it was streaming through youtube just due to the fact of how many people regularly check Facebook and how easy it is to share the stream.

As far as the pool goes I could care less about the table or the pockets. The play has been exciting and I love to see the Americans in the fight. Keep it up boys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking good for USA. 2 point lead. Bookies now have USA favorite (about 60% chance ) to win whole thing.
Last time a team lost after leading with 2 points or more was 2007. USA led 4-1 and lost 11-8.
Emily Fraser may be onto something when she predicted Tyler for MVP.

Kaci may be most overrated debutante (Topped Euro and WPA World rankings). Lost all his matches (2 doubles and 1 singles ). Kid cannot handle the nerves and play under team high pressure environment. Chamat should him in cold storage and minimise and defer his involvement though that may not be possible since each player has to play at least 2 singles if they go all the way.

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World Snooker streams on FB. Maybe BH has a deal with them, I don't know.

What I do know is that I don't think I've ever had an issue with watching a stream on FB, but I have had plenty of issues with Accu Stats and other PPV streams.

So it's always baffling to me to hear people say they have issues with FB.

Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.

I'm with you on this one. At first I was a bit disappointed they didn't just take it straight to YouTube because that is easier for me to get it on my big screen but that is just me being lazy. It literally takes one cable that I have to plug into to make it work, the same cable I have to use to watch ESPN3 on the big screen. I'm positive FB has higher potential for viewership than ESPN3 and a better chance at picking up casual watchers due to the shares. If you have an email account, you can set up a FB account in maybe 3 minutes. Other than the one hiccup yesterday, and a touch of lagging for about 3 minutes today, the stream has been pretty great. Not quite flawless HD, but I can't complain for getting it for free in real time.

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking good for USA. 2 point lead. Bookies now have USA favorite (about 60% chance ) to win whole thing.
Last time a team lost after leading with 2 points or more was 2007. USA led 4-1 and lost 11-8.

Kaci may be most overrated debutante (Topped Euro and WPA World rankings). Lost all his matches (2 doubles and 1 singles ). Kid cannot handle the nerves and play under team high pressure environment. Chamat should him in cold storage and minimise and defer his involvement though that may not be possible since each player has to play at least 2 singles if they go all the way.

Don't know that I would call Kaci overrated. I watched dude run 8 racks of 10 ball a few months ago and he has performed highly for someone of any age, let alone a 19 or 20 year old. That being said, I think they may have screwed up not getting him out in singles first. He clearly was not comfortable in the doubles situations and he and Shaw really did not seem to have good communication. I think in an environment like this, if things start going bad, it is hard to get the train back on the track due to the stress of everything.

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never said I wanted him to stay home? Not sure where you are getting that?

Let's hope MR gets a US stream other than Facebook.
You have to admit, Facebook streaming is pretty lowbrow. This is Barry "putting 300K into US pool to save it" Hearn.
This is the Mosconi Cup.

But ESPN3 has water polo replays. That's cool too.:thumbup:

I am wintering in Mexico, and the stream is near flawless . Much better than many I have wasted money on . " Give the US Open back to Pat Fleming "........pretty sure he's staying home if he gives your request .:cool:

pucksnpool

Registered
The Facebook feed has consistently had 6,000 to 9,000+ viewers -- way higher than any other pool livestream I've seen. I guess we don't know the ESPN3 numbers, but...

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually root U.S.A this year.
Two reasons. I don't have any respect on Shaw. Also European fans go too far. Unsportsmanlike Woo just to try get last shout for distraction.

Oh. Third one. Cup is getting more interesting if U. S. A wins! :)

i agree on shaw being an idiot, but every other year the US crowds are wooing so thats just part of the deal

europe can still win, i think kazakis - ouschan will be a good pairing. :groucho:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

About Kaci, he is used to competing in professional tournaments with quiet audiences, much like snooker events. Though he spent some time in the States and did play in some regional tournaments, I don't think he was prepared for this type of atmosphere with the screaming fans in the stands. :D

Poor guy was clearly uncomfortable. Somebody said he recently switched shafts to a reva or revo or rever. I didn't quite catch it, but they believed this may be contributing to some of this missed balls. What a time to switch cues! :confused:

The unity on Team Europe this year is not as strong, IMO, as previous years. Though Kaci tried to be stoic when sitting on his perch at the TV table, I don't think he enjoyed having players coming up and giving him shoulder massages and fist pumping. It looked as if he was forcing himself to smile, to look happy, but I think he, much like Shane in the past, prefers the one-on-one competition in pool. This is definitely a new experience for him. :embarrassed2:

The kid will be 20 next month. It was just last year that he was in the World Pool Series Grand Finale, and if memory serves me right, he came in fourth at a world championship in China, which consisted of world-class champions from around the world. :cool:

For a young'n, he's a legend in the making, I think. Every champion has a streak in pool, with some lasting longer than others. Who knows how long Kaci's streak will last? I think he's just beginning his trek. I like the fact that he's a straight arrow and has no bad habits. I'm not sure I like all those tattoos. But I guess that's the style these days with young folk. My daughter has one. Keith and me, no tattoos. :p

So far in the Cup, Tyler is 'da man. It was thrilling to see him shine. It was infectious because I think he inspired the whole team. Everybody gave it their all. I hope we do well today too. :)

Last edited:

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Kaci's biggest problem is that the shot clock forces the slowest player on Earth to take less than three minutes per shot, and that upsets his routine.

And I say three cheers for the shot clock.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Kaci's biggest problem is that the shot clock forces the slowest player on Earth to take less than three minutes per shot, and that upsets his routine.

And I say three cheers for the shot clock.
Given that Europe can fill 3 or 4 teams that would be favored against the U.S. in a neutral setting, facility with a shot clock should clearly be a factor for them in the future.

And the claims here about the technical superiority of pool's PPV streams vs. YouTube and Facebook is LOLworthy. We all know that's BS. Facebook is a terrible company but the Matchroom stream has been all but perfect. ESPN3 is not a solution, that's where they put Delaware State vs. Alcorn State volleyball games.

Last edited: