World Snooker Championships 2020

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahaha
In post match interview, Mark Selby says Ronnie disrespectful and playing mind games.
Selby sour grapes ? Oversensitive? :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj_7xBb6_MY

humorous..tuff losing a tight one like that tho

but I love ronnie here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S3MOV06Sv0
"it's all about the cue action" :D

edit, one more:
Ronnie O'Sullivan reacts to Mark Selby branding him disrespectful at the Crucible!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idNfN5TTn_M

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess you didn't pick up that joe davis book until later on?

which reminds me, I gotta look that one up..
There's a difference between knowing a principle and even working at it and truly getting it right.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Both semi finals went to a decider/hill-hill match .... WOW.

Kyren Wilson/Anthony McGill final frame was bonkers ... LONG frame that had everything in it including multiple snookers, scratches, "the fluke" and etc. Not sure how Kyren can recover emotionally from this to face Ronnie.

Not sure how Anthony McGill could ever go to sleep after that final frame.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a difference between knowing a principle and even working at it and truly getting it right.

I was being facetious about joe's book, but sure I'm with ya
"wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."

sean <<<--attempting:thumbup:

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both semi finals went to a decider/hill-hill match .... WOW.

Kyren Wilson/Anthony McGill final frame was bonkers ... LONG frame that had everything in it including multiple snookers, scratches, "the fluke" and etc. Not sure how Kyren can recover emotionally from this to face Ronnie.

Not sure how Anthony McGill could ever go to sleep after that final frame.

any video of it? All the snooker channels i usually go to seem to have nothing.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching the whole final session of osullivan/selby with
Dennis taylor and stephen hendry in the booth
I think i understand all the disrespect- selby was shaking like
Nick varner.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the old truth never stick a microphone under ronnie's nose holds true lol

i get where selby is coming from, but it wasn't disrespect, it was more finding an antidote. the third or fourth time it worked. in the earlier attempts, in the frames he lost, it took away from selby the long drawn safety duels that he wins anyway but that also get the opponent worn down in the long run. well done ronnie

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
the old truth never stick a microphone under ronnie's nose holds true lol

i get where selby is coming from, but it wasn't disrespect, it was more finding an antidote. the third or fourth time it worked. in the earlier attempts, in the frames he lost, it took away from selby the long drawn safety duels that he wins anyway but that also get the opponent worn down in the long run. well done ronnie

I’ve always liked Selby’s game...I think he and Higgins are very bettable.
So I’m very surprised at his ‘disrepect’ remark...he’s a pro...Ronnie’s choice of shots is
none of his damn business....Selby might be the favorite in a tough scrambling type of game..
...Ronnie took his best shot at cracking it.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ve always liked Selby’s game...I think he and Higgins are very bettable.
So I’m very surprised at his ‘disrepect’ remark...he’s a pro...Ronnie’s choice of shots is
none of his damn business....Selby might be the favorite in a tough scrambling type of game..
...Ronnie took his best shot at cracking it.
Great post and insight.

I suppose t’s similar to one pocket races where if you’re down 7-0 in balls, do you try to grind out and claw back or do you take the flyer and save your energy for the rest of the set? Lots of things to consider, including the opponent’s strengths. This is why we play the opponent and not just the table.

But to be fair, from the cheap seats it looked like Ronnie was throwing in the towel!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Watching the whole final session of osullivan/selby with
Dennis taylor and stephen hendry in the booth
I think i understand all the disrespect- selby was shaking like
Nick varner.

Selby always moves quite a bit when he’s down on the shot. He moves left and right, as it looks like he’s sighting. Maybe it’s his aiming system. Ronnie also moves a bit and is not the rock steady machine that people might think. He does a lot of what I call “gathering” when he’s ready to strike with more pace.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Selby always moves quite a bit when he’s down on the shot. He moves left and right, as it looks like he’s sighting. Maybe it’s his aiming system. Ronnie also moves a bit and is not the rock steady machine that people might think. He does a lot of what I call “gathering” when he’s ready to strike with more pace.

I have a friend...a good player...who’s eyes are like equal...he moves his head sideways.
..back and forth...says he sees two ball...partially...steady when he pulls the trigger though.
I think having a dominant eye is an advantage.