Sharpie..

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
He leads a blessed life, many more years to him.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for the link
and god bless mike
and everyone else...:thumbup:

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big fan of Mike. Hope he is doing well. He spends a lot of time on the road. Is that still true?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mike Massey is a very special person! Mike is not only a world class pool player with the most powerful stroke of all time, he is a gifted country singer and a man of super natural strength. Even with all his gifts he has always remained humble, polite and kind to all that he meets. He is a True Christian in that he not only espouses a Christian lifestyle, he lives it by example.

I feel blessed to have had him in my life for almost forever. Mike is a Man among men and has been one of Pool's greatest ambassadors for many, many years. We are fortunate to have him representing our sport in such a positive manner. :clapping:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Mike Massey is a very special person! Mike is not only a world class pool player with the most powerful stroke of all time, he is a gifted country singer and a man of super natural strength. Even with all his gifts he has always remained humble, polite and kind to all that he meets.

He is a True Christian in that he not only espouses a Christian lifestyle, he lives it by example.

I feel blessed to have had him in my life for almost forever. Mike is a Man among men and has been one of Pool's greatest ambassadors for many, many years. We are fortunate to have him representing our sport in such a positive manner. :clapping:

Tap..tap....

Hope tah see yah Nov.
M.Beach.
New granddaughter.
We'll play some banks on your hm table, all I need is a ball :wink:.
Hope your well

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I enjoyed that very much. Very nice person and talented, entertaining player.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Mike Massey is one of our special gifts in the world of pool. And I mean world. With his all-time level trick shot skills, he has traveled across the world several times, a living ambassador for our sport, our country and religion.

His skills are simply phenomenal, a stroke like no other. Many of his world famous trick shots are not trick shots, they are downright, unadulterated, pure skill. Amazing.

He has stayed at our home several times, and we have really enjoyed some times on my home table. Of all the things he can do, he can pick up nine pool balls from the table using one hand, and hold them as long as you would like. Nine! Stunning. Tennessee Tarzan! As a player he was world champion grade.

When he called me several weeks ago and sent me this song, Sharpie, I told him it was his best song. He has written and recorded many great songs while on his travels. A fun tune with a message.

Bill, thanks for posting. By the way, Matlock says hello!

Will Prout

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Tap..tap....

Hope tah see yah Nov.
M.Beach.
New granddaughter.
We'll play some banks on your hm table, all I need is a ball :wink:.
Hope your well

I better start getting ready now. :rolleyes:
I'm dead out of stroke but I'll still play some Banks as long as you give me two weeks notice you're coming, so I can hit some balls first. Short rack or long rack, makes no diff to me.
Doing good here but no one to play pool with. Last time I picked up a cue was when Dennis was here over a month ago. He practiced non stop for two days before heading for Vegas. He told me he hadn't been playing at all in the PI. Still looked pretty sharp to me. I told him the rest did him some good.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Silver Member
I better start getting ready now. :rolleyes:
I'm dead out of stroke but I'll still play some Banks as long as you give me two weeks notice you're coming, so I can hit some balls first. Short rack or long rack, makes no diff to me.
Doing good here but no one to play pool with. Last time I picked up a cue was when Dennis was here over a month ago. He practiced non stop for two days before heading for Vegas. He told me he hadn't been playing at all in the PI. Still looked pretty sharp to me. I told him the rest did him some good.

Sounds good Jay, but plan on the first week in Nov, probably catch yah after I see the new granddaughter before I head to a friends home out in the high desert....and Mr. Prout thx and tell David I said Hi.
I'll see em for sure in Olathe next yr, or maybe Dodge city or??? But KS for sure. Really enjoy the heart of the pool action, and the surrounding players that show up from the surrounding states, it's our midwest....Mini Derby city....wonder if Salazar still attends. And Jay, one time you should show up to Olathe, they also do player auctions. McChesney got that going yrs ago.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Sounds good Jay, but plan on the first week in Nov, probably catch yah after I see the new granddaughter before I head to a friends home out in the high desert....and Mr. Prout thx and tell David I said Hi.
I'll see em for sure in Olathe next yr, or maybe Dodge city or??? But KS for sure. Really enjoy the heart of the pool action, and the surrounding players that show up from the surrounding states, it's our midwest....Mini Derby city....wonder if Salazar still attends. And Jay, one time you should show up to Olathe, they also do player auctions. McChesney got that going yrs ago.

Joe Salazar still comes to about every tournament here. I remember one time he said this was his best tournament besides SBExpo.
Will Prout

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Sounds like he’s comparing himself to Jesus.
Matthew’s gospel warns : be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. You will have no reward from your Father. When you give do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do to be honored by others. They have received their reward.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Matthew’s gospel warns : be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. You will have no reward from your Father. When you give do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do to be honored by others. They have received their reward.

Point taken.....you should call em and tell em how you feel, he will listen.
From hustling pool in Tijuana in the sixties,
to getting something slipped into his drink in Denver in the 80's, to the hospital (LSD)....to being a reborn Christian, he sings, to keep the demons away, and he'll appreciate your criticism, if you call em.
I'll pm you his ph number if you feel your point of view has meaning, he will Never get in your face, he takes life as it comes.

It's easy to throw verbal drool at someone, till you know, meet, talk and spend time with them.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Removed by popular demand. :eek:

Last edited:

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member

I think you are misinterpreting his message. I think he's just self-reflecting on his life experiences thru the song and trying to send the message that Jesus should get all the praise. In Mikes eyes, through Jesus, he was able to do what he has and Jesus deserves the credit. Jesus should be signing autographs not Mike, which Jesus would never do of course.

I can understand your interpretation, but it depends on what lens you view the message. Listen to it again from the my perspective above and what I believe is Mikes true intentions. I don't think your comment above had malicious intent. Communication on the internet is often misinterpreted.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Silver Member
I think you are misinterpreting his message. I think he's just self-reflecting on his life experiences thru the song and trying to send the message that Jesus should get all the praise. In Mikes eyes, through Jesus, he was able to do what he has and Jesus deserves the credit. Jesus should be signing autographs not Mike, which Jesus would never do of course.

I can understand your interpretation, but it depends on what lens you view the message. Listen to it again from the my perspective above and what I believe is Mikes true intentions. I don't think your comment above had malicious intent. Communication on the internet is often misinterpreted.

..............healthy perspective.