Jack Justis Restoration, check it out...

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I had my trusty 20+ year old leather case from Jack, abused and falling apart. I have many cases but I have used the Justis case for daily carry because I like it the most. Jack had already replaced the lid (for free!) but the pocket was now torn. I contacted Jack about the repair and he suggested a restoration. I asked Jack about turn around time, he said 30 days.

I sent Jack the case and the post office was almost a week late getting it to him. We waited and waited but tracking wasn't working. It finally showed up last Monday at his house in Florida. On Tuesday I received an email from Jack. The case was done and shipped on the way back. Yes, a one day turnaround!

Check out the before and after photos. Jack has always been a stand up guy, but this blew my socks off.

Before:

Attachments

• IMG_4275.jpg
    IMG_4275.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_4276.jpg
    IMG_4276.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 774
Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Now after the 24 hour restoration, the level of detail was totally unexpected. Jack deserves his stellar reputation and all our adoration. He is a real gem.

Attachments

• IMG_4281.jpg
    IMG_4281.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_4282.jpg
    IMG_4282.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_4283.jpg
    IMG_4283.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_4285.jpg
    IMG_4285.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_4286.jpg
    IMG_4286.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice work! Also nice of him to sign the restoration work so that the case remains an all original work by Jack himself- that should be important to any possible future owner if they are aficionados.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
That's bad to the bone. One day turnaround is super strong too!

Now, get that thing off of the ground lol

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
you're good for another 100k miles now, Chris. :thumbup:

and yes, Jack is for sure a real gem! :cool:

best,
brian kc

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s pretty amazing, enjoy your “new” case!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing !! Its great to hear that there are still businesses/people who under promise and over deliver out there. I dont know how he did it but he took a well used/worn case and made it look almost new again, IN 1 DAY !!!! I will be looking at Justice cases when I am due for a new because of this story.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice. Thank you for sharing. :cool:

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing !! Its great to hear that there are still businesses/people who under promise and over deliver out there. I dont know how he did it but he took a well used/worn case and made it look almost new again, IN 1 DAY !!!! I will be looking at Justice cases when I am due for a new because of this story.

I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that Jack is no longer making new ones. He may just be doing restorations and repairs. If you want a new one, you’ll likely need to find someone who’s selling new old stock. My Justis case gets tons of compliments.

Serafin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now after the 24 hour restoration, the level of detail was totally unexpected. Jack deserves his stellar reputation and all our adoration. He is a real gem.

I've bought, sold and traded several, several "Jack Justis" case's, and you know....
I always regret letting them go :grin-square:

Best Wishes Tate , Very, very nice.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
NO! LOL Patrick, this one is personal.

Yeah, but is it for sale ? :D

I love it . I love it more knowing the man's hands made it new again. New but better. Already has the patina.

I'd use mink oil on it if it were mine.