Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Help Understanding What The Different Types of Stacked Leather Wraps Are

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Help Understanding What The Different Types of Stacked Leather Wraps Are
Old
  (#1)
Lou Bones
AzB Silver Member
Lou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Help Understanding What The Different Types of Stacked Leather Wraps Are - 03-06-2015, 07:11 AM

Could someone explain what the different types/styles of stacked leather wraps are? Specifically, what are Impression stacked leather wraps? Mixed stacked leather wraps? Penetration stacked leather wraps? and Striped stacked leather wraps?

Thank you.

Playing cue: McDermott G208, OB Classic + shaft
Break cue: Custom Shmelke with Purpleheart shaft
Case: Sterling Wave 3X4

Old
  (#2)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-06-2015, 09:19 AM

I've never heard of dividing stacked leather into types as an official type, I would guess Impression are those with a texture added to them, Mixed would be possibly different types of leather strips used together alternating the bands, Striped maybe for color variance in the strips, penetration I don't even know if I can take a guess as to what that is aside from maybe leather that was treated an extra step with something.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#3)
Lou Bones
AzB Silver Member
Lou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond reputeLou Bones has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
I've never heard of dividing stacked leather into types as an official type, I would guess Impression are those with a texture added to them, Mixed would be possibly different types of leather strips used together alternating the bands, Striped maybe for color variance in the strips, penetration I don't even know if I can take a guess as to what that is aside from maybe leather that was treated an extra step with something.
Thanks for taking a shot at explaining this for me. I'm going to try to include a picture I found when I was googling stuff about leather wraps. It apparently WAS on Tiger's site, but there isn't much listed there at all now (or if there is, I can't find it). Anyway, this pic clearly suggests that there are all these different types or styles of stacked leather wraps. I don't have a clue about this stuff, and the pic is small. And the link didn't take me to any explanations. So I figured it was just me that didn't understand this stuff and I figured I'd ask on here. I hope the pic uploads. Not real sure about how to do that.
Attached Images

Old
  (#4)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-06-2015, 01:15 PM

A quick phone call to Tiger (ask for Tony) can answer all your questions. As far as i know, they came up the idea of "stacked" leather wraps, and have done quite well with them. Other people do them now, as well, but Tiger was the innovator.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Bones View Post
Thanks for taking a shot at explaining this for me. I'm going to try to include a picture I found when I was googling stuff about leather wraps. It apparently WAS on Tiger's site, but there isn't much listed there at all now (or if there is, I can't find it). Anyway, this pic clearly suggests that there are all these different types or styles of stacked leather wraps. I don't have a clue about this stuff, and the pic is small. And the link didn't take me to any explanations. So I figured it was just me that didn't understand this stuff and I figured I'd ask on here. I hope the pic uploads. Not real sure about how to do that.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#5)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Oh, that actually just lookes like names for their designs, not actual different types of wrap. More like car colors rather than car models to use an analogy.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#6)
Lou Bones
AzB Silver Member

03-06-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
A quick phone call to Tiger (ask for Tony) can answer all your questions. As far as i know, they came up the idea of "stacked" leather wraps, and have done quite well with them. Other people do them now, as well, but Tiger was the innovator.

Scott Lee
Thanks, Scott.
I just got home from work, so it's probably too late to call Tiger, but I'll give it a try. If I can't reach Tony tonight, I'll try again tomorrow (or, if their closed tomorrow, then I'll call on Monday).

Old
  (#7)
Lou Bones
AzB Silver Member

03-06-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
Oh, that actually just lookes like names for their designs, not actual different types of wrap. More like car colors rather than car models to use an analogy.
Good point. That could be it. I'm about to call Tiger (another person posted a suggestion to call them) so I'll find out.

Old
  (#8)
Lou Bones
AzB Silver Member

03-06-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post

Scott Lee
Hey Scott,

I just got off the phone with someone (not Tony) at Tiger Products. The lady I spoke with was very helpful. The bottom line is that they do both regular and stacked wraps, and they have five different "styles" of stacked wraps. They deal with businesses (like seyberts) rather than directly with individual consumers; but anyone can find authorized dealers by looking on Tiger Products' website and those dealers serve as retail outlets for the consumers. But the retailer DOES NOT put the wrap on the cue. Tiger Products does the actual work. At least, that's what I got from the lady I just spoke to there.

I know there are other options too. But at least now I know more than I did this morning.

Thank you.

Old
  (#9)
Ty-Tanic
Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Ty-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond reputeTy-Tanic has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2015, 07:38 PM

If you look up RAT CUES on facebook he makes some of the greatest stacked leather wraps. I have having him do one of my cues soon.

Pechauer JP-10 cue
Pechauer Plus Lite Shaft
Kamui Black SS Tip
Kamui 1.21 Chalk

“Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Different styles
Old
  (#10)
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond repute

Different styles - 03-06-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Good point. That could be it. I'm about to call Tiger (another person posted a suggestion to call them) so I'll find out.
Then you have guys like me who does there stacked leather wraps different from the pictures above.

There is most likely hundreds of different styles......

MMike

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: