2 Piece Cues at Home

Dr_CollieCue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a pool table at home, do you leave your 2 piece cues together and stand them in a wall rack when not in use or take them apart and put them in a case? I take mine apart after each use but wonder if I shouldn't just leave them in a wall rack.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
If you have a pool table at home, do you leave your 2 piece cues together and stand them in a wall rack when not in use or take them apart and put them in a case? I take mine apart after each use but wonder if I shouldn't just leave them in a wall rack.

I only use a wall rack unless I go somewhere. I have about 50 modern and vintage cues in my pool room that are ready to go if I call on them. I have never seen a problem leaving the standing straight up. I really don't like the idea of laying them down for days on end.

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garbage

I leave a five garbage sneaky petes in my wall rack. They are all from the same made in china company but they have a variety of tip hardnesses. The idea was to let people try out several different brands of tips before they picked one for me to install on their cue. But it never really worked out that way. Most folks want a particular tip already regardless of what it feels like on one of these crappy cues lol. Anyway they have kept housesitters and non player guests away from my nicer cues. So there is that...

Dr_CollieCue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I leave a five garbage sneaky petes in my wall rack. They are all from the same made in china company but they have a variety of tip hardnesses. The idea was to let people try out several different brands of tips before they picked one for me to install on their cue. But it never really worked out that way. Most folks want a particular tip already regardless of what it feels like on one of these crappy cues lol. Anyway they have kept housesitters and non player guests away from my nicer cues. So there is that...

So are your nice cues on a different wall rack or hidden away?

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hidden away in cases.

Edit: The cases in tuperware on there side but I have heard its bad to leave em on their side but I dont really have a convenient alternative so whatever.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been laying my Schon assembled and on the table playing surface for two years at least. Hasn't warped.

However, simultaneously I've had two cheapo one piece "house cues" warp while standing upright in a floor standing rack. :shrug:

41SYbDPtdeL.jpg

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 5 Player's house sticks(nice ones), and my 2 personal cues in the rack at all times, except when the kid's have a party then my cues go upstairs until the party is over. I also choose one to put in the case when I go out to play. If friends drop by unexpectedly while I'm gone the kids know not to let anyone play with my cues.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The only reason why our cues are made in two pieces are for ease of transportation and storage. Screwing them together and taking apart may put wear on the joints.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Been leaving them in the rack for years.
No problems so far.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I would say, depends on whether the rack is on an inner wall or an outer wall. If an inner wall, ok to leave the cue there. If an outer wall, the temperature right at the wall may vary a bit, and result in some warping. It's also the opinion of Ernie Gutierrez, and I trust him.

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an 8 foot table in my basement, but I don't leave any cues down there. It's an unfinished basement and it's always cool (and sometimes cold) down there. I keep all my cues upstairs in cases. I don't even like leaving the table down there, but (a) I don't have any room big enough upstairs, and (b) it is a cheap table that I got for free.

Last edited:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finished basement and climate controlled. My loaner cues are in a rack. My better cues are stored and hidden in cases from duck shooting light bangers. My player is screwed together and left on the table. No one "borrows" it.

I don't believe it's a good idea to keep breaking down a cue with a screw into wood joint. (Frey) My M-11-B has an insert on the shaft so I don't worry about it. While I've pretty much grown away from a couple of S/S piloted Schon's, that joint is bulletproof.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
The cues from my collection are assembled and in a custom wall rack.