http://schmelkecue.com/billiard-cues/schmelke-cues/m010-shedua.html

Your job is to suggest:

- joint type
- shaft type
- pro-taper
- tip (I can send third party one)
- weight
- shaft diameter

Cue would be birthday present to a friends of mine, he is a local league/bar player, playing around 10 years. This would be his first cue.
He likes to use lot of spin and always complain about bar cues :)

Thanks

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call them. You will get a cheaper price than on the website.

I ordered a Purple Heart 4-Prong Sneaky a few years ago. The only modification that I asked was for black phenolic joint collars. Cost me $119 Shipped. That's a player for $150 or less.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

How does it play?

What shaft specs did you choose?

What is the best wood in terms of playability?

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I have three Schmelke sneakies, each with a different shaft taper. The Pro Taper shaft is my favorite. I find the Extended Pro Taper a little too soft, the the standard (conical) taper too stiff, but it makes a great break cue. Otherwise all cues are equal and use the Schmelke standadr joint (all with the same diameter so I can mix and match shaft/butts).

Dave

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does it play?

What shaft specs did you choose?

What is the best wood in terms of playability?

I chose a 5/16x18 joint pin with brass insert in the shaft. The shaft was their standard pro taper with a 12.25mm tip, melamine ferrule, and the standard Schmelke tip.

The cue hit very stiff, but played well. It was balanced well even with a weight bolt.

Wood choice is up to you. It's all preference.

If it helps your decision any, I now play with an Ebony/Curly Maple full splice 4-prong cue with black phenolic joint collars and butt cap. It has a G10 3/8x10 joint pin and no weight bolt. There isn't a single piece of metal in the entire cue.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Help me make Schmelke for $150 or less.

This is model that I selected:
http://schmelkecue.com/billiard-cues/schmelke-cues/m010-shedua.html

Your job is to suggest:

- joint type 3/8 x 10; common fit with many other shafts
- shaft type Laminated if he likes to spin the CB
- pro-taper 10-12"
- tip (I can send third party one) no telling what he might like; Everest is a good all-around, in-between tip
- weight 19 0z
- shaft diameter 12.15 or 13

Cue would be birthday present to a friends of mine, he is a local league/bar player, playing around 10 years. This would be his first cue.
He likes to use lot of spin and always complain about bar cues :)

Thanks

As per above.

Catamount

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shedua is a great wood for a one piece butt, and you can't beat the price.

Joint #4 3/8 x 10

19 oz.

Pro Taper

12.5 mm

Kamui Black Soft Tip

If you call them, you can also ask for a 1/2" ferrule (instead of the standard 1"), which will reduce deflection.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member

Joint #4 3/8 x 10

19 oz.

Pro Taper

12.5 mm

Kamui Black Soft Tip

If you call them, you can also ask for a 1/2" ferrule (instead of the standard 1"), which will reduce deflection.

Yes, this.

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Joint #4 3/8 x 10

19 oz.

Pro Taper

12.5 mm

Kamui Black Soft Tip

This is the way to go for sure at your price point.

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what I got. 1/2 inch ferrule mated to a 5/16-18 pin. The taper is modified somewhere between a standard pro taper and a conical taper. The most important factor for me is the weight - mines is a 17 oz. I spent 170.00.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
same

Joint #4 3/8 x 10

19 oz.

Pro Taper

12.5 mm

Kamui Black Soft Tip

Same as above.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ih

Ordered today.

I took 13mm regular shaft with Schmelke soft tip since they dont carry Kamui or Moori anymore.

Not sure about Schmelke soft tips, are they any good?

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Schmelke cue arrived and plays very good. its stiff and shaft does not bend easy

My friend is very happy with it, furthermore he won all 5 league matches last night :)

We ordered regular 13mm shaft and Schmelke tip.

So no laminated shaft, no extended pro-taper... he will upgrade tip soon even tough original tip is not that bad.

Thanks guys..

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Schmelke cue arrived and plays very good. its stiff and shaft does not bend easy

My friend is very happy with it, furthermore he won all 5 league matches last night :)

We ordered regular 13mm shaft and Schmelke tip.

So no laminated shaft, no extended pro-taper... he will upgrade tip soon even tough original tip is not that bad.

Thanks guys..

For the price, you just can't beat it. It will make all the shots that a cue that cost 10 times as much will make ;)

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the price, you just can't beat it. It will make all the shots that a cue that cost 10 times as much will make ;)

Agreed.

Now that Summer is approaching and I won't be outside as much, I may have to order another :thumbup: