US Open Finals - Mika VS Ralf

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Rack #18

Mika puts down 2 balls on the break, but the cue ball gets let loose. He has a long bomber off the rail. He misses it and scratches.

Ralf has a hope here.

Ralf has an easy out here. He's about to pull within 2 games.

What the hell? Ralf had a stop shot and drew it back 2 feet too far. Hes left himself tricky now.

He's back in line for an easy out. Im going to go ahead and say the rack is done.

10-8 Mika

Last edited:

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
damn

Gonna be some upset betters in the Action room if Mika takes this!!

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Rack #19.

Remember this is a race to 13, not 11. There's plenty of pool left here, as Ralf is no slouch.

However he breaks dry and Mika comes to the table with a few different options. Mika opts to go with a very thin cut, going 9 feet down the center of the table to run into the 2ball. He misses it by a hair. He's left with a safety attempt.

Mika is clearly itching to shoot, as he's looking at all sorts of crazy possibilities. Oh my god! He does something stupid as hell and goes a full table long back-cut bank shot and makes it. lol

Oh wow, Mika makes another insane shot, potting the 4ball and going 3rails to knock the 7ball into the open (previously had no open pocket). He playing carefree now, which spells trouble for Ralf.

Oh my...he leaves himself horribly on the 8ball now. He's going to have to long bank this one too!

Last edited:

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Rack #19 (Part 2)

Playing slow? Have you seen the shots he's been left with? Ralf would have taken an hour this rack. :p

Mika long banks the 8ball, but it JUST misses.

Ralf is looking like a turtle here. There's only one option here, but he's still taking his time. He makes it and wins the rack to pull within 1.

10-9 Mika

SloRoller

Stuck in SLO
Silver Member
Rep to you. Thanks for the updates, Much appreciated.

Got the kids cant do ppv and only get to check the puter once in a while.

SR

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Rack #19 (Part 2)

Playing slow? Have you seen the shots he's been left with? Ralf would have taken an hour this rack. :p

Mika had an angle on that 7 ball to get below the side pocket, which is all he needed to do. Instead, he took a long time fretting over the fact that he didn't get as much angle as he wanted, tried to get perfect on the 8 by coming back across, and it cost him the game.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were talking earlier about Mika and the BCA Hall of Fame.

IMO, if he wins this, he's a lock when he comes up for nomination in the far future.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Rack #20

We're back in action, and the feed is now...eugh. Its choppy all the sudden. Was running perfectly until now, but now I can't get more than a few seconds at a time. We might be sh*t out of luck here.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Rack #20 (Part 2)

Okay, my feed is working again. We're back in action...well, sort of. Good enough to watch at least.

I spoke too soon. Sorry guys. Give me a minute.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Rack #21

Okay, Im back.

I'm guessing Ralf won the last rack? Eugh.

Anyway, Mika is at the table with a kick on the 1ball. He's pointing around with his finger like someones in trouble. He kicks and hits the 1ball, sending it into the rail with the 8ball. Danny thinks he sold out, but I dont think Ralf has an offensive shot here.

Ralf plays a nice safety and Mika is kicking all the way down table and back up. A good 16 footer.