Denny Stewart - Ohio Pool School

new2thegame

J.R.
Silver Member
From my experience, I think Denny Stewart and many of the SPF Based Instructors are great.

I have only been playing for a year now, and am currently on the verge of being an APA - 7.

When I began, I joined a large APA League just to spend time with my father as he is retired and handi-cap, and pool is one of the few things he can do.

After a few weeks, I began getting frustrated with not being able to apply my often natural athletic ability to the sport because I failed to comprehend the mental focus and strategy that had to coincide with the game. I had always excelled in sports, yet pool infuriated me... thankfully to the point of inspiration...

Well for a gift in Jan of 09, my dad bought me a few hours of lessons with Denny's Ohio Pool School. I was a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure what I would face. However, after talking with Denny, I knew right then that he was one of the nicest, most sincere people I had ever met. This is coming from a guy who served in special forces while in the military, and has traveled to over 25 countries. I would like to think I have a knack for judging character..

The first day, Denny introduced me to the "stroke trainer", taught me the premise of the tangent line, and had me perform some basic strokes while being video taped. After watching the video, I couldn't believe my eyes... now I didn't have any "bad habits" from years of practice, but I still understood the mechanics from a certain perspective.

Over the past year, Denny has brought me from excecuting stop, and follow drills into kicking and banking, position play, the diamond system, and breaking strategies. More importantly he has shown me all of these and how they apply to numerous games like 8 Ball, 9 Ball, Straight Pool, and recently he has me working on 1-Pocket (his favorite).

Finally I would like to add that while Denny is a great Instructor, he is also a great friend and a rare individual. From the charities and fundraisers that he holds to promote cancer awareness, to the time he donates to help those in need, he is certainly a unique guy.