poolhalls and breweries

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am ready to spend some time on the road. I am looking for places that have poolhalls with good quality equipment (9ft brunswicks and diamonds), and also have a local craft brewery. Preferably the poolhall has the craft brew on tap. If you know of any towns that have both I would like to hear about them.
My first stop will be Petaluma, Ca. Lagunitas brewery is excellent and I hear there is a decent poolhall called Buffalo Billiards.
Thanks in advance. All I can offer are greenies.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am ready to spend some time on the road. I am looking for places that have poolhalls with good quality equipment (9ft brunswicks and diamonds), and also have a local craft brewery. Preferably the poolhall has the craft brew on tap. If you know of any towns that have both I would like to hear about them.
My first stop will be Petaluma, Ca. Lagunitas brewery is excellent and I hear there is a decent poolhall called Buffalo Billiards.
Coming back from a hunting trip in South Dakota I stopped for a week with my RV in Norman , OK just to break up the trip.

There is a pool hall there that is ½ pool hall and ½ micro brewery..... I almost stayed there. IPA too good to be true and they sold it in jugs to take home!

Did I mention that Norman is a College town.... Nice surroundings

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
There are no poolrooms in Indiana that I know of that also brew craft beer on premises, but here in Indianapolis we are blessed with many craft beers made right here in town (SunKing, Flat12, Triton, just to name a few) and a lot more individual brewpubs. We also have a great poolroom called Brickyard Billiards.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm fond of the craftbeer as well, if you couldn't tell already.
If you ever come down to New Orleans, you will find a plethora of craft breweries; most notably Abita Beer. However, NOLA brewery is a short distance from downtown New Orleans and Coco is more than welcome to have out-of-towners at his brewery!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm fond of the craftbeer as well, if you couldn't tell already.
If you ever come down to New Orleans, you will find a plethora of craft breweries; most notably Abita Beer. However, NOLA brewery is a short distance from downtown New Orleans and Coco is more than welcome to have out-of-towners at his brewery!

Abita restoration pale is one of my favorites. Good stuff at a fair price!

Banks

Banned
Oregon, and the PNW in general, is full of micros. McMenamin's has quite a few breweries and bars, covering things such as an old school, a church, a theater, a winery, an old masonic lodge and so on. Some of them have tables, but I'm not quite sure you could consider them pool halls by any stretch.