How much is my Diamond table worth?

SPetty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm hoping someone can help me. I have had a change in priorities and find myself deciding it may be time to sell my 7' Diamond table. The problem I'm encountering is that I can't figure out what the asking / selling price should be.

How can I find out what it should sell for? All I get from a couple of random local people is that they are hard to find used.

My package includes:
  • * Diamond 7' Pro-Am table: Rosewood colored Dymondwood with pro-cut pockets and Tournament Blue Simonis.
  • * Matching Diamond "tournament-style" light
  • * Super Aramith Pro balls and the Diamond Rack.

I bought it new from Diamond about 10 years ago. What I have learned in my research here is that there is a newer "blue label" table that has come out since I bought my great "red label" table, and some people think it isn't a significant difference, while others would rather have the blue label. I would hate to think that Diamond instantly destroyed the desirability of the older tables with that change. :(

I sold my 9' Diamond Pro table before buying the 7' and found out too late that I sold it for way too little! I would not like to make that mistake again, but would rather get a decent price for this sweet little table.

Any idea how I can find out what it should sell for?

Thanks in advance...

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does that package cost from Diamond? I would guess you can get 60-70% of what it cost new from Diamond. (Maybe less as its red label) As you know tables can be hard to sell and sometimes it takes a little luck to find a buyer. Also depends on how much time you have to sell.

Ian

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Find out what Diamond is asking for a tournament used table/light setup. Chop about 1000/1300 off of that as a ball park figure.
Is it in showroom condition? maybe go a lil higher
The red label tables had a different angle on the rails, made them bank shorter. Whoever recovers it can change this.

If the only reason you are selling is due to the blue labels playing better/different, then don't sell. Get a good table mechanic to change your rails a bit, recover it and "voila", you're good to go.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion red label tables are useless as they are manufactured, the banking function is just too far off ( short) for anyone to learn how to bank properly, and I found the cut of the pocket rejected balls hit correctly on cut shots, so as someone else said - if this can be fixed for a price then factor that price into the reduction from current market value of an "as is" red label, unless you sell it to someone who does not know these facts.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Idea...donate to a legit charity...like a Vets hospital, boys and girls club, etc. Then take the top dollar tax deduction.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I see them selling around $3500 for a 7' w/ light. Any higher and I advise people to just buy new.
Not sure if you are looking to upgrade, but, rather than messing around with re-working your rails, you can buy a new top for it for a very reasonable price. Contact Diamond directly to see what the replacement top would cost. Good luck!

58384103_10219216577948218_3151817314437955584_n.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Idea...donate to a legit charity...like a Vets hospital, boys and girls club, etc. Then take the top dollar tax deduction.
That only works if she is in a position to itemize. Also, high-value donations of used items sometimes require an appraisal for tax purposes. Finally, you usually will come out ahead money-wise if you sell the item for half of what you would claim as the value of a donation on your tax form. (The last ignores the karma benefit of the donation.)

One possibility is to ask around at local bars or pool halls that have 7-foot tables -- maybe one of them wants to upgrade. Or list it on Craigslist for a high price OBO.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
anyone buying has to figure in the cost to upgrade the table and the about 700 dollar figure to move and recover it properly.

being ten year old 50% plus off of new uninstalled price minus those other costs.

and unfortunately most people buying small tables is that they are for their kids and just want something cheap to beat up.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone buying has to figure in the cost to upgrade the table and the about 700 dollar figure to move and recover it properly.

being ten year old 50% plus off of new uninstalled price minus those other costs.

and unfortunately most people buying small tables is that they are for their kids and just want something cheap to beat up.

No such 'has to' be done.

The table is perfectly playable stock, red or blue label.

One is currently preferred, but that doesn't actually make the other useless.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
No such 'has to' be done.

The table is perfectly playable stock, red or blue label.

One is currently preferred, but that doesn't actually make the other useless.

Real Talk. Anyone who can play pool well can adjust to what they are playing on. Red labels are still very desired and I know that because you hardly ever see them for sale. Just my $0.02

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, mikemoscon, you're completely wrong about the red label tables being worthless...as well as being impossible to learn how to bank properly. All that means is that you are not in control of your stroke. A competent instructor can teach you how to adjust between red label and blue label Diamonds.

To the OP.... One advantage you have is that it's a Dymondwood table, which are very rare for 7' Diamonds. That may bring you a few more bucks. Don't believe the BS about a huge difference between red and blue label Diamonds. Both tables play great. I would expect to get 50% of what you paid, at best. Make sure you don't include shipping in your price. Hope you guys are doing well.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

EDIT to my earlier post. Spetty had a Valley table, not a Diamond. I was mistaken about the age of her Diamond table. One thing you can bet on...it will be in superb condition! Sorry for the errant post.

In my opinion red label tables are useless as they are manufactured, the banking function is just too far off ( short) for anyone to learn how to bank properly, and I found the cut of the pocket rejected balls hit correctly on cut shots, so as someone else said - if this can be fixed for a price then factor that price into the reduction from current market value of an "as is" red label, unless you sell it to someone who does not know these facts.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Find out what Diamond is asking for a tournament used table/light setup. Chop about 1000/1300 off of that as a ball park figure.
Is it in showroom condition? maybe go a lil higher
The red label tables had a different angle on the rails, made them bank shorter. Whoever recovers it can change this.

If the only reason you are selling is due to the blue labels playing better/different, then don't sell. Get a good table mechanic to change your rails a bit, recover it and "voila", you're good to go.

There's only a few table mechanics that know how to make that modification correctly, it's more involved than simply replacing the cushions.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sold mine for $3200 needing cloth with balls only, had several buyers! Incase anybody is wondering I had a one piece slate and bought a new home with a sharp turn going into my pool room lol always 3pc from now on!

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all, mikemoscon, you're completely wrong about the red label tables being worthless...as well as being impossible to learn how to bank properly. All that means is that you are not in control of your stroke. A competent instructor can teach you how to adjust between red label and blue label Diamonds.

To the OP...Susan, your table is more than 15 years old, as you had both your 9' and 7' Diamonds the last time I visited you when you and Leroy still lived in Terrell. That was 2003. One advantage you have is that it's a Dymondwood table, which are very rare for 7' Diamonds. That may bring you a few more bucks. Don't believe the BS about a huge difference between red and blue label Diamonds. Both tables play great. I would expect to get 50% of what you paid, at best. Make sure you don't include shipping in your price. Hope you guys are doing well.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Excuse me Sir Scott Lee, but a pool stroke has nothing to do with banking a ball on one table vs. another- are you an instructor or someone like me who has spent the last 55 years on pool tables of all sorts gambling and tourney play with superb results? A pool table either banks true/ short/or long period! Those Red labels- from MY experience/ bank horribly short- you really want to BUY a table like that to learn this game? it is a home table- so you want to adjust to the table, fine, a very good player can adjust to almost any table- in terms of banking on the red label the banking adjustment is either outside english on the cue ball or thinner hit on the object ball, or perhaps a slower bank speed- all three will help compensate for a short bank- I would not teach "stroke" for adjusting to a short bank table- maybe you can tell me what stroke training compensates for a short banking table???

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a 7’ blue label “Professional” (not pro-am) for sale on here for over 3 months, might still be. I think it was 3k or 2.5k for the table and maybe even the light. It was in NY. I was shocked no one bought it. My dad lives in Philly and I was visiting this week and asked if I could bring it to the house. He said no F’ing way:(

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm hoping someone can help me. I have had a change in priorities and find myself deciding it may be time to sell my 7' Diamond table. The problem I'm encountering is that I can't figure out what the asking / selling price should be.

How can I find out what it should sell for? All I get from a couple of random local people is that they are hard to find used.

My package includes:
  • * Diamond 7' Pro-Am table: Rosewood colored Dymondwood with pro-cut pockets and Tournament Blue Simonis.
  • * Matching Diamond "tournament-style" light
  • * Super Aramith Pro balls and the Diamond Rack.

I bought it new from Diamond about 10 years ago. What I have learned in my research here is that there is a newer "blue label" table that has come out since I bought my great "red label" table, and some people think it isn't a significant difference, while others would rather have the blue label. I would hate to think that Diamond instantly destroyed the desirability of the older tables with that change. :(

I sold my 9' Diamond Pro table before buying the 7' and found out too late that I sold it for way too little! I would not like to make that mistake again, but would rather get a decent price for this sweet little table.

Any idea how I can find out what it should sell for?

Thanks in advance...

"In my area", it would be very hard to sell any red label diamond that has not been updated.

Have you had any offers?

A 7' red label went for $1,800 in Huntsville Alabama just last month. It even had a diamond ball cleaner.

Red labels are hard to sell unless they are cheap.

^^^^^^^ in my area. Yours and other areas may be different.

For your sake, I hope so.