educated guesses welcomed

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to help a friend and learn something about identifying older cues in the process. The following pictures are of a cue that was bought in a Tulsa pawn shop over 12 years ago. It had a lot of play on it back then. There are no identifying 'signatures', to my untrained eye. Its 57 inches in length. Ivory ferrule.
Anyone have an idea who made this very nicely made cue? Thanks
P4020040.JPG

P4020041.JPG

P4020042.JPG

P4020043.JPG

P4020044.JPG

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This is a pretty generic cue, commonly used parts and hard to ID because of it.

Since you want guesses, my guess is a Verl Horn cue. He used joint parts like this on some of his other cues, was from Oklahoma, liked black and white spec wrap, and used classic designs. This is a Balabushka butt design.

Chris

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was also thinking Verl Horn, but it could also be an older Jimmy Ingram cue. It does look well crafted.

Martin

TATE said:
This is a pretty generic cue, commonly used parts and hard to ID because of it.

Since you want guesses, my guess is a Verl Horn cue. He used joint parts like this on some of his other cues, was from Oklahoma, liked black and white spec wrap, and used classic designs. This is a Balabushka butt design.

Chris

Birk1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its either a Verl Horn... you can tell by the brown bumper and longer pin he used on his 5/16x14 pins, the prather blank is a tell tell sign too.

Jimmy Ingram is a big possibilty as he used parts from Verl's shop to build cues. He didnt always mark his cues. I am leaning towards jimmy because the MOP diamonds in the points are off center a bit. Jimmy does his own inlays using a drill press, dremel and exacto knife. His shop is in his one car garage.

Hope that helps.

Ryan

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Horn

Thanks guys. A lot of evidence that this is an early V Horn. I found out that the original wrap was green and white speck and this also points to an early Verl Horn. The MOP diamonds are dead center by the way.