Almost...damn !!!

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, well i almost broke my high run of 141 today, i missed at 139 after getting out of position i had to play the breakshot...the other ball was a breakshot, too but should have been the last ball, i ended up stright on it so i had to shoot the other one. DAMN ! when do i finally break the 150 mark...

anyway good shooting i guess :wink:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Very nice shooting, good to see that you are puting up some nice numbers !!

the shot that you got straight on, was it one of those where you were timid and should of played to the rail and back out to it ?

i seem to make that mistake myself when i am on a good run!

any chance you have some video to post, small or large run.

i am like a 14.1 spunge, i like to soak up all players knowledge and Abillities!!!!

Steve

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
actually i had 3 balls almost in line on one side and the breakshot on that side of the triangle, too. all i had to do was shoot the middle ball of the 3 balls and draw back a couple inches then shoot the one which was on the rail and then the other one to get to the breakshot. well, i did not draw enough so i had to shoot a tough ball with extreme left english to get back to the ball on the side rail. i ended up straight and had to shoot the breakshot so that´s where it ended.

i don´t have a camera but i would love to have some runs of me on tape... especially a number like this

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Well nice shooting regardless.

hopefully one day we will get to see you shoot !

or better yet, maybe i will get to play a game of No Count 14.1 with you some day !!!!

Keep It Up, your 150 is on its way soon !
Steve

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks. come to vegas in may and we can shoot some...will be there for 2 weeks.

i will break the 150 for sure, question is when...

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Keep asking myself the same thing......But i dont let it take over me !

wish i could make it out to Vegas one day ! maybe i will get to play you in The Worlds some day, do you play in any of the qualifiers ?

Steve

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
man, i am not a pro ! i probably will never play in the worlds and a i dont play like that any day...most of the time i play like 4-10 innings in a race to 100 but sometimes i play really good though

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
thanks. come to vegas in may and we can shoot some...will be there for 2 weeks.

i will break the 150 for sure, question is when...

Congrats Sascha. Very strong.

I'll bet Marop will be in Vegas in May. You ought to hook up with him and Schmidtty.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Dont claim to play World Class either !

I See you are from germany, do you know or shoot with Ingo (Ratta).

i personally would like to take some 14.1 lessons with Jim Rempe, i used to shoot i mean Rack for Schmidtie all the time.
But that was 9-Ball i wouldnt dare back then play him 14.1, but now that i have gained a world of Knowledge here on AZ i would love to shoot 14.1 with johnny.
I Still dont have a chance, but my knowledge that i have gained here would help me to appreciate all of his abillities.

Steve

sausage

Banned
with that run you are certainly in the pool player minority. work on consistency and you WILL be competing against the best in the world.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I don´t know Ingo...

Well, in my opinion that consistency seperates the amateurs from the pros... of course i would be pro if i could shoot 100+ any day... some make it some don´t

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Great job

Hi, well i almost broke my high run of 141 today, i missed at 139 after getting out of position i had to play the breakshot...the other ball was a breakshot, too but should have been the last ball, i ended up stright on it so i had to shoot the other one. DAMN ! when do i finally break the 150 mark...

anyway good shooting i guess :wink:

Great job Sascha. That is shooting & something to be very proud of yourself.
I can not get passed 60. It has been a long time since I hit a run over 60.
Many, many 40's. Maybe, too much other things on my mine when I am playing. The wife & I are both dealing with some health issues and hopefully they will turn out for the best. I know then my game will pick up again.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks Mike, well i hope you and your wives problems will turn out good. As far as i know you by now i know you will break 60 again for sure..

I made a mistake ! it was not 139 ! i was re thinking the run and started with 7 balls on the table and it stopped with 2 so that gets you to 131.

7+14+14+14+14+14+14+14+14+14 = 133 - 2 = 131

Sorry about that....

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Great run, sascha! You've been over the 100 mark many times, correct? Around what number would you say you start to get nervous on, during a general run? The great thing about this game is that, over time, I find that number to be constantly moving upwards. This allows our average runs to get higher as well.

Anyway, way to go, and I'm sure the 150 (and more) is just around the corner...

- Steve

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well Steve, i ran 102 when i was 19 yrs old and since then it took me 12 yrs to run 100+ again in 2008 when i had my high run of 141. during that time i always got nervous when i hit like 50...i guess that was the reason it took me so long to break it again. somehow this changed, i don´t know why. since i ran the 141 i had a 106, 131 today, 99 and like 15-20 runs in the 70´s and 80´s. i got nervous today at like 80 but usually i stay pretty cool now as i know i can do it on a given day. today after i knew i would break the 100 mark i was cool as ice because i had what i wanted and everything beyond the 100 was a bonus. still, most of the time i only run 20´s,30´s and 40´s...the biggest problem is consistency but like i said before, some guys get it and turn pro and millions of others don´t. but i am happy because we all know how hard it is to run 100 and how many of us never achieve that. it´s something to be proud of.

best sascha

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Dag sascha, I had no idea you were so pro. 139, 141... you were running 100's at 19? Do you feel like it was instruction or just some natural talent that got you running balls so well at such an early age? I always thought this game needed decades of experience to see the patterns etc., and the only people who run 100's at that age were the sigels and rempes, people with some crazy inborn talent.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i started at 14 and at 19 i ran 102. after that i did not run 100+ until 12 yrs later like i said before. i had runs in the 70´s and 80´s though. i never had any instructors at that time, i guess just some talent and desire and dedication. I always loved straight pool and always will. no that i have hundreds of videos i have learned a lot from watching, still my only instruction up to day.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Steve: Hi bro :) gratz to *our fast Sweety* .p

Sascha and i didn t know each other (think so , lol-) And i m not sure- but think he s a *bit* younger :) i stopped playin in 1997/1998 til end of september. so even don t hink so that we met on a tournament or so.
Anyway: If there would be a tournament to qualify for the world champion ship in straightpool in germany it would be amazing hard. Sascha really seems to be a very good straight-pooler- but he sure knows (like i do also^^) that in germany are very good straight-pool players ...and not just a few. Just in the last weeks in the 3rd league there were some guys shooting 2-3 innings til 125- and this is the 3rd league :)
i m also sure that Sascha could beat some guys- but there are just too many good players which shooting like crazy-and this on a high-consistant level.

lg
Ingo

Sascha- woher kommst du überhaupt? :)