Music you listen to while playing pool

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Post up what kind of music you listen to while playing.
Our team likes; Def Leppard, Poison, ZZ Top, (80`s & 90`s rock n roll) a lot more bands, but I have no idea who they are, I`m the old guy on the team, so these young bucks know the newer stuff.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Old country
George jones
George straight
Waylon n willie
Conway
Charlie pride
Kenny Rodgers
Clint black
Marty robbins

All kinds of metal,maiden,priest, cannibal corpse,megadeth, annhiliator, testament,uada
, dark funeral, morbid angel, death, metallica, bolt thrower

Classic soft rock
Journey
Reo
The eagles

80s
The romantics
Loverboy
Mike and the mechanics
Bob seger
Cutting crew
Depeche mode
Eddie money
Foreigner
Jackson browne
Phil collins
Michael jackson
The cars
men at work
talk talk
survivor

ozzy
Van halen
38 special
Twisted sister
The police

Rainbow
The scorpions

Last edited:

tjmc25

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like all of the choices above. If im going to add in a little newer country, Id choose Chris Stapleton and Luke Combs.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
METAL BABY! :cool:

My favorite is Insomnium.
Finnish Melodic Death Metal Band. Winter´s Gate is their newest album which is 40 min long one song... :O
Also Belakor from Australia is new band I am interested nowadays. Countless Skies is really cool song with plenty of epic guitar riffs and awesome drums.

Metallica, Opeth, In Flames, Amon Amarth, Dio, Deep Purple etc..
Honourable mention goes to Blackfoot and 2 great albums Marauder and Siogo. Old school Southern rock from 70´s and 80`s

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Anything Trent Reznor or Maynard James Keenan. Some Wu. Been favoring She Wants Revenge recently.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I'm old...

No foul mouthed rap, hip hop or head banging crap, can't stand it. Other then that, depends on the mood I am in.

I like ZZ Top, Santana, Credence, Waylon n Willie, Toby, Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, Reba, Shania, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Bob Seeger, Fleet Wood Mac, Meat Loaf, Neil Diamond. A bunch of the 60's and 70's rock. I'm all over the board.

I mostly shoot pool on my own 9 footer and a buddy usually comes over. Ak Stick shows up from time to time for 10 Ball, if I can pull him away from them wretched bar box's. I like a cigar and some thing to sip once in awhile.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How about no music at all?
When did all that become necessary anyway??

Our clubhouse plays the worst annoying oldies/rock. I'm considering short circuiting the system:D.
A local room plays loud rock... hate it!!

Anyway at home:
Contemporary Jazz (no smooth stuff)
Phila Sound
Some Motown.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about no music at all?
When did all that become necessary anyway??

I agree.

I like hearing the sounds of the room, balls hitting eachother and dropping in pockets. If there must be music, I prefer it to be at a level that allows conversation without requiring people to raise their voice. I also prefer variety. Some players repeat the same songs night after night after night.

Clusterbuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny Cash
Tina Turner
Bob Seger
Elton John
Roy Orbison
Billy Joel
Pretty much any Motown

A lot depends on mood.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree.

I like hearing the sounds of the room, balls hitting eachother and dropping in pockets. If there must be music, I prefer it to be at a level that allows conversation without requiring people to raise their voice. I also prefer variety. Some players repeat the same songs night after night after night.

Well said 🔼🔼🔼🔼🔼

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say the Star Spangled Banner should play before any tournament.

Jimi played it very well and that would work for me.

With that song playing, I would play any man for money and I don't gamble.