Chohan V Orcollo October 5 –8

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do people get paid extra to do stuff like this, or do they just get to keep their job. Serious question. I see ads on fb all the time now with hot waitresses and it seems like the owner should be paying them for that. Let’s just say for the sake of argument that a pic of a hot waitress circling on social media brings 20 people to a bar one night. Just free money for the owner?

Emily will do very well taking care of the VIP's. She is on board promoting the fact that she will be there taking really good care of everyone.

Ray

ps. there will be plenty of 2 man tournaments at this event. Numerous players are there or en-route.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Emily says to come by and see her......

Attachments

• 21687735_1479968032087477_7806845257936781444_n.jpg
    21687735_1479968032087477_7806845257936781444_n.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 533

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought POV Pool was doing this stream?
Not sure how you got that idea PoolActionTV has been promoting this event for months now .

Starts tomorrow night at 6pm super high level One Pocket from two of the best players on the planet.

With the best One Pocket commentator in the business imo Jeremy Jones breaking down the shots and strategies.

20626391_1760283567335060_3636133022099963178_o.jpg

djkx1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's hope Emily gets some good tips so she can buy herself a new dress, as the one in that picture is completely in tatters. Poor girl!

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's hope Emily gets some good tips so she can buy herself a new dress, as the one in that picture is completely in tatters. Poor girl!

She could wear a potato sack and make it look good. Should be a great turn out for the event.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do people get paid extra to do stuff like this, or do they just get to keep their job. Serious question. I see ads on fb all the time now with hot waitresses and it seems like the owner should be paying them for that. Let’s just say for the sake of argument that a pic of a hot waitress circling on social media brings 20 people to a bar one night. Just free money for the owner?
More people, presumably more tips... Bar/restaurant owner's should either pay a livable hourly wage or match tips. The idea that customers are expected to pay labor costs is totally absurd.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
More people, presumably more tips... Bar/restaurant owner's should either pay a livable hourly wage or match tips. The idea that customers are expected to pay labor costs is totally absurd.

Supply and demand works also.
I knew a bartender years ago who said some seasonal barkeep jobs were bid on...
...they actually paid for the privilege of working there....the tips were so good.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starts tomorrow 6pm eastern. 100k on the line.

Copy of Family Collage.jpg

One Pocket Race to 40 play will stop each day when a player reaches 10 20 30 and 40 games.

Table details

A special ordered new Diamond Pro Am 9ft with 4.25" pockets & simonis 860 cloth.

Players will be using new Centenial Ball set with Pro Cup Cue Ball.

Table has been at the venue for about a week now getting broke in a little.

22046775_1485078264909787_1055042821833917109_n.jpg

jj-s-gif.gif

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...they actually paid for the privilege of working there....the tips were so good.
it's an audacious business practice.

if i'm going to be responsible for paying the bulk of a business owner's labor costs, he should match it or it should be reflected in the astronomical mark-ups.

i also think there should be a discount associated with having to scan and bag my own groceries at the supermarket self-checkout.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
The cute bartender where I play leagues just bought a brand new 31k Jeep. Some woman at certain bars can make REALLY good money with tips. (especially if they don't declare the tips as income....)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
it's an audacious business practice.

if i'm going to be responsible for paying the bulk of a business owner's labor costs, he should match it or it should be reflected in the astronomical mark-ups.

i also think there should be a discount associated with having to scan and bag my own groceries at the supermarket self-checkout.

I'm pretty sure it was a bribe rather than a official business practice....
...and I think one of the places was the Fontaine Bleu back in the day when Gleason would
winter there.....the bartenders were lining up to bribe the manager....
...and they always made good money.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure it was a bribe rather than a official business practice....
...and I think one of the places was the Fontaine Bleu back in the day when Gleason would
winter there.....the bartenders were lining up to bribe the manager....
...and they always made good money.

i was referring in general to expecting the customer to pick-up the labor costs without it being reflected in the price of the product.

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The phrase two-man tournament has always made me laugh. I guess "action everywhere" would work too.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It seems too much to ask for another great match...
...the last Chohan-Orcullo match was my favorite for 2017.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis in a little Action the night before the big match.

Getting in some practice in on the tv table too.:thumbup:

22137323_10208362558456272_8185377959782192593_o.jpg