Best way to sell a 9' Pro Am Diamond +

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I DID buy a Diamond, had it for a few years in Florida, and moved it to Colorado before I had to sell it for lack of proper room in my house to play properly. That table was responsible for the near-wins I had against John Morra and Joey Gray DCC 2012, having Morra down 2-1 in the One Pocket (this is the year he won the banks), and ran a 5 pack on Joey Gray in the 9 ball.

Pretty decent for a guy who plays one tournament a year, and was basically living jn the middle east for a few years.

I deeply regret having to sell it, and they are simply unavailable over here in Europe.

And you ASKED why pool halls in California don't open with Diamonds, and I told you. Nothing political about that.

Any other questions?

I had Nick VanDenBerg down 2-1 in bank pool, and tied 3-3 in balls on my case game. He then proceeded to win 2 in a row:( PS, I only practiced on GC's before going to DCC, and did great that year, cashed in the banks.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, they're not, reason being, that's exactly what destroys the value of the used table market, last year's model. If the model don't ever change, it never gets old. The reason everyone else keeps updating newer models is to sell a NEW model every so many years....then you end up like Brunswick and Valley....thousands of used tables undercutting the price of new tables. If a room owner wa t to expand and add 5 more tables to the 10 they already have, they want the 5 new tables to match. When you no longer make that model of table that the room owner has 10 of, then you screw the room owner by showing everyone which are the new tables and the ood ones. If they look exactly the same, then there is NO separation new and old tables.

I don't buy it. I'm in product development myself. If you don't keep up with the times, you will get beaten. Can you imagine if Yalin gets a foothold in the US? They could come up with a 1 piece tourney table and distribution system, and have a new aesthetic design every 5 years. I'm not saying it will happen, but for a company to stay stagnant, to me is quite a risky busineess strategy:)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator actually would be my bet for a new table player. They could take over the US table market, IMO, if they introduced a table. They have the marketing, the engineering, the distribution channels, the manufacturing partners, and the respect of the entire pool industry.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Predator actually would be my bet for a new table player. They could take over the US table market, IMO, if they introduced a table. They have the marketing, the engineering, the distribution channels, the manufacturing partners, and the respect of the entire pool industry.

To bad you don't know this industry as well as you think you do.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Too sad Olhausen does not have the vision.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I still think of them as an upstart. lol.

But then I don't have an LD shaft, jump cue, break cue or even 2nd shaft for my playing cue...

realkingcobra

Silver Member

What distribution channels to they have for pool tables, one piece slate pool tables that???? Again, you don't know shit about what it takes to get this far in this industry, even DIAMOND had one hell of a learning experience, but with my knowledge coming from this industry, they overcome all the obstacles ANYONE new would have to overcome as well. Trust me when I say, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, China included is going walk right in and take over!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

You must be oblivious to the fact that Brunswick TRIED taking on Diamond in the coin op industry, and FAILED miserably!! I'd dare, no, I'd double dare Predator to even try to compete against Diamond!!!

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Ah, great. So those GC's you did are worthless then.
Cheapos do not hire the best mechs around to do their tables.

You're known to be cheap.
You look like it in person too.
And as usual, you turn another thread to a flaming war.
Hey how about !!!!
More !!!!

Cheap? I have always believed RKC to provide fair value for his work. His is a craftsman, first and foremost, who just happens to work on pool tables, his bedside manner on the forums aside.

I have always liked RKC's attitude on here. He is a man after my own "suffer no fool lightly" heart.

Last edited:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I had Nick VanDenBerg down 2-1 in bank pool, and tied 3-3 in balls on my case game. He then proceeded to win 2 in a row:( PS, I only practiced on GC's before going to DCC, and did great that year, cashed in the banks.

Nice! I have a Gold Crown here too in Germany, with semi-properly extended rails. Plays better than most every table in the surrounding area, confirmed by good players in my club.

Note: About my inconsistent play in the past: I was playing on an extremely bouncy Red-Label Diamond, that banked WAY short... I must have gotten one of the early models, and never realized it. It created a tendency in me to "jump" a little whenever I ended up too thin on a ball and had to try to hold.. Overuse of spinning to try to get a thicker hit on balls near rails, etc.

Since moving to my extended rail Gold Crown here in Germany, I feel much more confident, and noted that certain of my position routes have morphed into something much closer to the routes the pros take. That Red Label had a very disruptive effect on my game. I couldn't hit cross corners to save my life on Blue Labels after practicing on that Red Label. I suffered from extreme trepidation on balls I got too thin on, when there was no easy back-and-forth two rails across the table path available.

Having a half ball hit into the side, I used to lag stroke it in and use a lot of spin to minimize the force I put into the cue ball, and to shape the pattern I wanted. Extremely speed-sensitive way to play the shot, but almost necessary on a super bouncy table. Now, I am much more comfortable just giving it a semi-firm punch-stun stroke, and am confident on how much spin the balls retains at different distances to the first rail, so I am much more consistent on the "spread" I am gonna get off that 90 degree hit on the first rail. So I don't end up with consistent "weird" angles coming off a half-ball hit into the sides, coming back up table to play position on balls into the opposite corners.

All this being said, I LOVE the way the Blue Labels play... But the particular Red Label I had was awful for working on the particular shots I need to defeat pro-caliber players. The super bounciness of those rails cost me specifically in the two matches I mentioned before:

Against Morra in the DCC One Pocket, first round 2012, I was leading 2-1, and forced cross corners out of him twice in the following two games, with a throw-in runout if I could have made any of about 4 different tries. I sailed all of them long, and hit them all at lag speed due to having to hit them that way on my Red Label. It's just a bad way to hit a must-make cross-corner in One Pocket. Same thing cost me against Cliff Joyner, maybe two years later.

Against Joey Gray, I ran a 4 pack in the 9 ball (due to heavy break practice in tohe month or two before Derby), and made a ball on the 5th game, but ended up super thin, with one of those shots that on my Red Label, rockets the cue ball back and forth 2-3 rails..On a Blue Label, it's a much easier shot. But, I jumped halfway out of my shoes anticipating the hit. Purely because of the table I had been practicing on. In addition, I couldn't kick worth a darn because my table kicked EVERYTHING so short, so I had trained myself to kick everything at what I later learned to be 1/2-3/4 optimal speed. Joey reeled me back in because he played perfect, and I kicked poorly.

I never realized how important having a table set up approximately the same as tournament standard responsiveness was. Thank goodness, I love the way my table is set up now, and I do feel it would have prepared me well for Derby if I had lost weight, and actually USED it.

I would still prefer a Blue Label Diamond, tho.. :)

Last edited:
Wow this thread went totally sideways.
The way I see it is I'm trying to sell the table for $4000 and the accessories are to sweeten the deal for $1000 more.

This table and cloth are almost spotless and being the blue label Dymondwood or however it is spelled it is a fantastic table that is no longer being produced in this combo.
Sure close, but not the same. So some may want it some may not care for it.

It doesn't matter to any of us if they are opening or closing a pool hall in northern or so Cal, or if they use GC or Diamonds. It has nothing to do with this thread.

Yes there people who have sold for less maybe because they needed to sell immediately. I have some time on my hands. I do not feel it is a bad deal or a steal, just a fair deal and worth it for someone in the market for one of the best tables made.

When I purchased this one I started to add up the cost of a GC and refinishing and delivery and setup and figured buy it right and be done.
Hopefully, there is someone close enough figuring the same.

Now it sounds like its time to close this thread and move on.

Last edited:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I see it is I'm trying to sell the table for $4000 and the accessories are to sweeten the deal for $1000 more.

This table and cloth are almost spotless and being the blue label Dymondwood or however it is spelled it is a fantastic table that is no longer being produced in this combo.

It doesn't matter to any of us if they are opening or closing a pool hall in northern or so Cal, or if they use GC or Diamonds. It has nothing to do with this thread.

Yes there people who have sold for less maybe because they needed to sell immediately. I have some time on my hands. I do not feel it is a bad deal or a steal, just a fair deal and worth it for someone in the market for one of the best tables made.

When I purchased this one I started to add up the cost of a GC and refinishing and delivery and setup and figured buy it right and be done.

I’ll give my .02 if you are still interested..... from someone who has been in the sales side of real estate... If you want to sell something, take out all of the “work” for the buyer. (Ex. If you sell your house you would ‘prep’ it to get it ready for sale) so call a couple of table mechanics (maybe the one who installed it for you, if they were competent) and have them give you a written estimate. Post them in your ads as a link, so that potential buyers have a ball park figure, or an easy go to for the moving process. Any way you can make it easier on the buyer will help you get the sale.

By the way, it looks to me like you have a good value here .... and were I younger and more interested in my game I would jump on your deal if it was anywhere near local. As it is I’m past my prime, and very happy with my (very nice... but badly disparaged) Gandy 9’ table.

GLWS....

Td

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are absolutely right! I apologize for any role I played in leading your thread astray. Your table is beautiful. High quality, excellent condition, and an amazing list of great accessories, who could ask for more?

BEST of luck! I hope the perfect buyer contacts you this afternoon.

Regards,

Boxcar

realkingcobra

Silver Member

You have it right!!

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap? I have always believed RKC to provide fair value for his work. His is a craftsman, first and foremost, who just happens to work on pool tables, his bedside manner on the forums aside.

I have always liked RKC's attitude on here. He is a man after my own "suffer no fool lightly" heart.
Agree 1000%

RKC "brings it" to every thread. No nonsense, just his opinion as everyone is entitled to. I would love to have a home table set up by him.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Your price is more than fair. Hold steady.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That may not be a bad bet. Predator is coming out with their own ball set and their own pool table cloth next year.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes it has. No worries though, a diamond holds its value better than any other table today.

As some have said, your asking price is better than ok.

Some don't like to think about diamonds selling easier than GC's but, it's a reality. 20 or 30 years from now, well, there may be diamond tables being listed as:

$700 OBO....

Your good since your not someone that "has to sell now"...

Good luck sir,

Jeff

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
That may not be a bad bet. Predator is coming out with their own ball set and their own pool table cloth next year.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I wonder is CPBA will be manufacturing their cloth???
For the price, its the best thing out there comparable to Simonis :)

Trent from Toledo