Fury Evolution Cue

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I took delivery of a limited edition Fury Evolution EV-3 cue a few weeks ago, and have been using it exclusively since it went into my case. My previous cue was a Fury RP. Both cues have a radial pin, wood to wood joint, so I anticipated a similar feel to both. As it turns out, I think the Evolution is even a softer hitting cue. It's almost like there is no joint at all in the cue.

One big change for me was that there is no wrap on the EV-3. I have never owned a cue without a wrap in the past, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But within the first hour of shooting with it, I found it was very comfortable, and actually felt a little more secure in my hands than the cue with the Irish Linen wrap.

The cue is beautifully designed, and comes with matching joint protectors, which does nothing for playability of course, but when it comes out of the case, they look quite impressive . It also comes with two shafts, the standard shaft and a Fury Extreme (LD) shaft. I have spent some time using both shafts, and the responsiveness of both is much as I would have expected. The standard shaft is much like the RP shaft, and the Extreme shaft feels surprisingly similar. The difference in squirt/deflection is noticable, but adjusting to either one is not difficult. I just have to remember which shaft I am using. In competition, I use the standard shaft, as it is so similar to what I have been using for years.

The list price of 1095 might be a little high, but that is more of a personal issue. I've played with custom cues that cost far more than that, and quite honestly, did not play any better than the Evolution.

The bottom line, I think the Evolution is as good a cue as any high end production cue. I would suggest anyone in the market for a cue in this price range to give this one some serious consideration. It's got looks, quality, and feels great for anyone who prefers the softer hit of that joint.

Pictures can be found here
http://www.cuesight.com/fuev03.html

Steve