Saying good bye to an old friend...VALOR

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The day has came that I have dreaded since finding out my dog had cancer. Today, I made that long trip to the vet along with my wife to have Valor's suffering come to an end.

He was with us longer than the vet's estimate and for that I was blessed.

He was always an active part of the family and was loved by everyone on both sides of the family. You could not ask for a more perfect pet to fit our busy schedules and lifestyle.

He and I often talked about which cue to buy or sell next. I think he had a better eye than I do for it.

I want to let everyone that PM'ed me and offered their support on the original thread here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=294555

It means a lot to me to know others feel the same way.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 593

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. They say time heals the heart, but I'm afraid I still miss my Sammy Boy as much today as I did the day he left. I don't hurt as much, but I still miss him.

Run free, Valor. You are not in pain anymore. RIP!

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jam. I don't think he suffered too much. If we had waited longer, I think the would have been in discomfort.

I will be thinking about you as well my friend.

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
VALOR, Sammy and Jack (my ole boy) got your back!

The pain will ease over time, the great memories of your Valor will help you heal. I'm sorry I missed your original thread, I know the pain and I wish you well.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sad!
Put down the best dog I ever had recently too:
friggin lung cancer- wouldn't quit smoking!

Attachments

• Sophie.jpg
    Sophie.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 538

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my Sammy Boy. We did everything for him before he passed, had an acupuncturist come in, bought him every medicine available to help him breathe, but he let us know when it was time to go.

Attachments

• Sammy Boy.jpg
    Sammy Boy.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 541

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sorry for your loss.

I actually have Rainbow Bridge framed in my room. A friend gave it to me when my dog Doobie passed.

To the OP. I am very sorry for your loss. Just remember all the good times you had with him and great cues he got you to buy.

Brady

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Sorry to hear of your loss. It is the toughest thing to have to do when that time comes. I have had many dogs over the years and as tough as is it saying good bye I always seem to get another dog. They are the best creature on earth if you ask me. Treasure your good memeories.

GOD spelled backward is DOG, I think there is a reason for that.

Kevin

TCo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unconditional

Perhaps the only true unconditional love.

I had the occasion to play pool at a friends house and answer the question of when will you be home with a "not too very long". As it sometimes happens my 7:30 pm departure turned into a night long adventure. When I was leaving I asked/said to my friend, "Please tell me your clock is broken" - it wasn't and it was almost 12 hours later - 7:15 a.m. Slightly longer than even my definition of "not too very long".

Upon arrival at home, if you have a wife, daughter, mom, grandmother, aunt, etc etc etc and your dog greeting you at the front door, I guarantee there will only be one of them wagging their tail.

I lost my boxer of 13 years on a fathers day. My deepest sympathy.

Tony

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I am sorry for your loss of your friend.

I just lost a human friend a couple of months ago. True friends are hard to come by. I hope you find another one soon. I don't know why their time here is so short compared to ours.

Best Wishes,

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Damn you guys -I'm not supposed to be getting choked up on a message board. Sorry for your losses everyone. I lost one of mine last fall and have her urn next to the urn of my last best friend, on the dresser. I'm sure this sounds weird, but I still tell them goodnight.

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I know how hard it is to go through this.

In the past 3 years, the wife and I have lost 4 of 5. The most recent one was three weeks ago. Cutaneous Lymphoma. A rarity for Poms but it does occur occasionally. After much consideration and research, chemo would have most likely prolonged his life another 6-13 months at best. We made the same decision as you.

He had been with us since he was about 6 months old. We got a really good 12 years with him.

The wife has a penchant for Pomeranians and I'll admit that my affinity for them has really grown.

Not a day goes by without finding myself thinking of him.

I feel your heartache deeply. So deeply.

Sorry. Not trying to hijack the thread with my own photos and I can't remove them for some reason. Waves of emotion hit me.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392203.440436.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392203.440436.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 165
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392286.973139.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392286.973139.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 168
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392314.437869.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392314.437869.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 177
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392331.642348.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392331.642348.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friend

I am sorry for your loss. We can remember all the good and loyalty they give us .Never heard of a dog dumping or leaving when things get tuff. At 80 my mother in law got another golden, shes 85 now and wouldnt be without a dog, (companion,guard, friend ). Again sorry ,Rico

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
I don't know why their time here is so short compared to ours.

The answer provided by the little girl in this story is the best explanation I've heard:

http://dj-astellarlife.blogspot.com/2010/05/why-dogs-have-short-life-span.html?m=1

I lost my little buddy, Kisses, last year, and it was the toughest thing I've ever been through. His brother, Caroms, is still with me, and I cherish every moment I have with him.

OP, I'm sorry for your loss, but happy that you had the opportunity to experience the love of a great companion.

I'm also getting a bit teary-eyed...

-Blake

Kisses:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392796.035836.jpg

Caroms:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366392764.353105.jpg

jonesy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know what you are going through. I lost my dog Pepper last month to bone cancer too. Im still hurting inside and my other dog looks for her everytime he goes outside. I know Pepper is now playing frisbee at the big beach in the sky.

Attachments

• IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 158