Which cue brand has won more tournaments in the history of pool?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The question is usually which player has won more tournaments than the rest, but here I am changing it to cue brand topic, to see why some cues win more tournaments than others.

I know it is the player, and yada yada, but I'm just making it 1) fun topic, 2) little info, 3) little recognition to cue brands.

To me, I think it is a toss-up between

1) Cuetec, considering that in the '90s Ellison Fisher and Earl Strickland played with a Cuetec, and then came SVB playing a Cuetec and winning lots of tournaments with that cue.

2) Meucci, Lots of pros used to play with a Meucci in the '80s Era, thinking, Rempe, Buddy Hall, Earl, Nick, and in the new Era we have new pro's using Meucci and winning tournaments like Corey Deuel, Woodward, Hatch...etc

Any other brands that you think compete, and how can we get a valid statistic on this?

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
This should be good.

I have no clue other than watching Bob on you tube claim many years of the most wins.

I've just sort of started following the pros in the last few years.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’d guesstimate strongly it’s Predator. Especially if you consider amateur events in addition to pro.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I’d guesstimate strongly it’s Predator. Especially if you consider amateur events in addition to pro.

They would probably be a strong first or second if you consider how many pros played their shafts mated today whatever cue they were given or sponsored by in the “down low”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The question is usually which player has won more tournaments than the rest, but here I am changing it to cue brand topic, to see why some cues win more tournaments than others.

I know it is the player, and yada yada, but I'm just making it 1) fun topic, 2) little info, 3) little recognition to cue brands.

To me, I think it is a toss-up between

1) Cuetec, considering that in the '90s Ellison Fisher and Earl Strickland played with a Cuetec, and then came SVB playing a Cuetec and winning lots of tournaments with that cue.

2) Meucci, Lots of pros used to play with a Meucci in the '80s Era, thinking, Rempe, Buddy Hall, Earl, Nick, and in the new Era we have new pro's using Meucci and winning tournaments like Corey Deuel, Woodward, Hatch...etc

Any other brands that you think compete, and how can we get a valid statistic on this?
From mid-late 70's thru the 90's a LOT of tournaments were won with Meucci cues. Predator would be high on the list in the last 20+ years.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bludworth is in the mix

My bet is Dufferin. I think they supplied most of the house cues for decades.

Hu

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tournaments in general, and not necessarily 'pro' tournaments?

I would guess Schon is pretty high up on the list.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
It's not the Arrow, it's the Indians, the skilled person behind the Bow & Arrow, or in this case the Cue. :thumbup:

Probably so. But the better hunters had carefully crafted arrows.

As to brand? These days Predator comes to mind. They probably sponsor more pros than anybody.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If it's best pro of that era vs the next 5 top pros, has to be cuetec, Earl, Allison, and Shane have dominated the last 30+ years.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The Indians made custom made arrows. :wink:

I say Moochi if you count all tournaments.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Whatever Cue Company had the most sponsorship money to spend at that given time. Brian.