Earl is a disgrace!

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
You guy's made some good noise. I watched the streams on u-tube and there were spots it got too quiet for me. No disrespect. Maybe it was the stream.

We were at the last Cup in Vegas (2 years ago). The Euro crowd smoked the US crowd in rooting. This year was no contest IMO, US won 11-2 ;). Not to say there weren't some quiet moments and not to say the minority Euro spectators weren't vocal.

It's more difficult to "Whoopie" when you're getting "Whooped".

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We were at the last Cup in Vegas (2 years ago). The Euro crowd smoked the US crowd in rooting. This year was no contest IMO, US won 11-2 ;). Not to say there weren't some quiet moments and not to say the minority Euro spectators weren't vocal.

I root on my team when things go bad, and louder when their kicking ass.
Staying quiet as a fan helps the enemy. I think it helps the home team when there's a base level of noise. You know what I mean?

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

KoolKat...nobody is on you. Thanks for what you guys and gals did! The stream got quiet, but I heard the USA chants! Like I said, thousands watching would've been cheering with you, but we couldn't make it. You guys and gals made the attempt to right a sinking ship. We need more people like you to be involved. That's the Mosconi Cup ace in the hole...the crowd. :thumbup:

(Not @ KK9L) The point of this whole thread is to address Earl's actions. Love him or hate him, he was true to form whether his buttons were pushed or an ulterior ratings motive was involved. We know he isn't always an angry old man. :grin-square:

Going forward, Earl has to pick his battles. He was primed for this one and spewed. He was over before he hit the table. He was probably recruited for the ratings, no doubt. He crashed and burned. Tomorrow's another day and he'll either have to regroup and get stronger and smarter, or face the inevitable. Either way, I'm betting this to be rock bottom and that he'll climb out.

Best,
Mike

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
You guy's made some good noise. I watched the streams on u-tube and there were spots it got too quiet for me. No disrespect. Maybe it was the stream.

we are watching the YouTube now - O.M.G....
@ Day 1. remember it well. we were @ head of tbl, front row - see the yellow AZB shirt? (compliments of MAJIC)

what yáll cant see @ Day 1, is KK9, getting up & doing a half-assed DRUNKEN jig, from the floor, in front of God & everyone, waiving his tee-nincy 3x5" USA flag on-a-toothpick (courtesey of Vagabond), and trying to get the stands cheering....
....Michaela said to us on WED night: oh, that was YOU?
(as i thanked her AGAIN, for not ejecting KK9 from the stands)

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. . .Going forward, Earl has to pick his battles. He was primed for this one and spewed. He was over before he hit the table. He was probably recruited for the ratings, no doubt. He crashed and burned. Tomorrow's another day and he'll either have to regroup and get stronger and smarter, or face the inevitable. Either way, I'm betting this to be rock bottom and that he'll climb out.

Looks like Earl is pretty much booked up for the coming months. NYC, Louisville, Ireland again, et cetera. He must not be doing too bad. ;)

Attachments

• SteinwayPoster.jpg
    SteinwayPoster.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 126

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I root on my team when things go bad, and louder when their kicking ass.
Staying quiet as a fan helps the enemy. I think it helps the home team when there's a base level of noise. You know what I mean?

Went to a Cardinals/Cubs game in St. Louis with a Cubs shirt on. I got a bunch of good natured $hit, but I didn't stop cheering for my team. :grin: It was all good.

Best,
Mike

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Earl is pretty much booked up for the coming months. NYC, Louisville, Ireland again, et cetera. He must not be doing too bad. ;)

This is what he needs. He'll just have to play and concentrate to beat Bata. No distractions, just play like a thoroughbred.

Best,
Mike

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what he needs. He'll just have to play and concentrate to beat Bata. No distractions, just play like a thoroughbred.

Best,
Mike

He respects Efren a great deal, and both of them are two very experienced warriors. It will be a fun match to sweat! :cool:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
while we are de-railing -

it snowed Day 3 @ Mosconi!
(3rd time @ 10 yrs!)
we left NC @ 25 degrees - arrived Vegas @ 65 degrees.
snowed WED.
left Vegas @ 30 degrees - landed NC @ 75 fricken degrees.
snowed this morning @ NC.

WE BROUGHT IT BACK WITH US.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Best,
Mike

I love this YouTube shared on the other Earl thread: Earl and the Greeks.

Everybody, including Earl, is having the time of their life. You can hear a few of them yelling out "Earrrrrl." Earl doesn't look like a disgrace in Greece. :cool:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
as for the Rumours about your boy, Boye(s)....

.... i.
don't.
know.

we were NOT there.
we did NOT hear what Boyes said.
we saw NOTHING.

(and NO alcohol was involved - unless yáll were THERE, in which case, you'd know EXACTLY what was NOT said)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Went to a Cardinals/Cubs game in St. Louis with a Cubs shirt on. I got a bunch of good natured $hit, but I didn't stop cheering for my team. :grin: It was all good.

Best,
Mike

I wish we had something cheer about with the Redskins, but I haven't had that privilege is about 20 years. :embarrassed2:

The Nationals aren't too bad, though. ;)

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
KoolKat...nobody is on you. Thanks for what you guys and gals did! The stream got quiet, but I heard the USA chants! Like I said, thousands watching would've been cheering with you, but we couldn't make it. You guys and gals made the attempt to right a sinking ship. We need more people like you to be involved. That's the Mosconi Cup ace in the hole...the crowd. :thumbup:

(Not @ KK9L) The point of this whole thread is to address Earl's actions. Love him or hate him, he was true to form whether his buttons were pushed or an ulterior ratings motive was involved. We know he isn't always an angry old man. :grin-square:

Going forward, Earl has to pick his battles. He was primed for this one and spewed. He was over before he hit the table. He was probably recruited for the ratings, no doubt. He crashed and burned. Tomorrow's another day and he'll either have to regroup and get stronger and smarter, or face the inevitable. Either way, I'm betting this to be rock bottom and that he'll climb out.

Best,
Mike

It's all good Mike. I have so many mixed emotions publically stating my thoughts on Earl, as I've had a bit of contact with him over the years. I love him when he's happy, and I cringe when he's not, and I try to empathize with whatever demons he's got.

Things happened there, yes, and Earl deserves some flack - but shit was rolling downhill days before the first ball was struck.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love this YouTube shared on the other Earl thread: Earl and the Greeks.

Everybody, including Earl, is having the time of their life. You can hear a few of them yelling out "Earrrrrl." Earl doesn't look like a disgrace in Greece. :cool:

Wow! Great video and showing another side of his travels. :thumbup:

Best,
Mike

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
while we are de-railing -

it snowed Day 3 @ Mosconi!
(3rd time @ 10 yrs!)
we left NC @ 25 degrees - arrived Vegas @ 65 degrees.
snowed WED.
left Vegas @ 30 degrees - landed NC @ 75 fricken degrees.
snowed this morning @ NC.

WE BROUGHT IT BACK WITH US.

I wish you guys would've stopped here on the way home and made a pick up, too. :grin-square:

Best,
Mike

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we are watching the YouTube now - O.M.G....
@ Day 1. remember it well. we were @ head of tbl, front row - see the yellow AZB shirt? (compliments of MAJIC)

what yáll cant see @ Day 1, is KK9, getting up & doing a half-assed DRUNKEN jig, from the floor, in front of God & everyone, waiving his tee-nincy 3x5" USA flag on-a-toothpick (courtesey of Vagabond), and trying to get the stands cheering....
....Michaela said to us on WED night: oh, that was YOU?
(as i thanked her AGAIN, for not ejecting KK9 from the stands)

I just watched the opening again. I saw you. Nice seats.
Next time it's here I'm going to go for sure.