Jensen Cues

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
The post about the Tascs got me thinking. You guys that enjoy the old school cues, why no love for Jensen? He was a contemporary with many of the other big guns of the 70s-90s. And, he's still building. I've heard in the south there's no finer steel jointed cue.

Josh

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
The post about the Tascs got me thinking. You guys that enjoy the old school cues, why no love for Jensen? He was a contemporary with many of the other big guns of the 70s-90s. And, he's still building. I've heard in the south there's no finer steel jointed cue.

Josh

Mike Johnson (Jensen Cues) is a terrific cuemaker and a follower of Gus Szamboti's build methods.

His cues, imo, are at, or very near the top of the best-bang-for-the-buck category.

Just took out and played with this one, a Bushka tribute, yesterday. I guess he didn't have any straight grain maple in stock. :smile:

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• Jensen-bushka-buttsleeve.jpg
    Jensen-bushka-buttsleeve.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,323
  • Jensen-bushka-forearm.jpg
    Jensen-bushka-forearm.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,316
  • Jensen-bushka-full.jpg
    Jensen-bushka-full.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,330
  • Jensen-bushka-signature.jpg
    Jensen-bushka-signature.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,510

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Is Mike still building cues? He was in a terrible motorcycle accident and I haven’t heard if he ever recovered.

He built great cues that were reasonable in price. As posted they were more old time and one of the best steel jointed. I think he also made his own joints but they were a standard common thread.

🎱

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to Mike Johnson at the DCC this past year and he said he was still building cues. He looked great all things considered and had a really upbeat attitude.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jensen cues

This note about Jensen Cues reminded of a limited edition sneaky pete cue he made and called it "the Handsome Danny Jane's" series. Good looking cue too. I bought one about 20 years ago and still have it. Hadn't seen it in years but found it in the closet in a cue case

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
This note about Jensen Cues reminded of a limited edition sneaky pete cue he made and called it "the Handsome Danny Jane's" series. Good looking cue too. I bought one about 20 years ago and still have it. Hadn't seen it in years but found it in the closet in a cue case

Pics or it didn't happen...

lol

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Johnson (Jensen Cues) is a terrific cuemaker and a follower of Gus Szamboti's build methods.

His cues, imo, are at, or very near the top of the best-bang-for-the-buck category.

Just took out and played with this one, a Bushka tribute, yesterday. I guess he didn't have any straight grain maple in stock. :smile:

best,
brian kc

I just fell in love with this cue!

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had one of Mike's older stitched rings cues that would be mistaken for a Gus were it not for the signature on the forearm. One of the best SS joint cues I ever owned...wished I still had it.

ivicafranic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one in build!����
It should be finished very soon and can't wait it. The wood is Macasar Ebony and this piece is sitting in his shop since 80s!��
He builds incredible cues and it is true they play great!��

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181111-235412.jpg
    Screenshot_20181111-235412.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Screenshot_20181111-235428.jpg
    Screenshot_20181111-235428.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,007
  • received_734496770259202.jpg
    received_734496770259202.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 1,030
  • received_307035476691126.jpg
    received_307035476691126.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 1,028
  • received_782038702189425.jpg
    received_782038702189425.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 1,021
Last edited:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one in build!����
It should be finished very soon and can't wait it. The wood is Macasar Ebony and this piece is sitting in his shop since 80s!��
He builds incredible cues and it is true they play great!��

Davor i have said before that i LOVE the looks of a stainless joint,but prefer the hit of face to face wood. I went and tried a buddys stainless jointed jensen(because i knew you were having this one built) and man i have to tell you,it was not nearly the hit of old s hons etc... With"0" feel etc... Mikes cue played perfect and felt better than ANY stainless jointed cue i have ever felt(including gus szamboti) . It has made me want to get a jensen if i can find one with the right price!! I think you are gonna love it buddy!

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, you're right. Ok, I'll "dig" it out. I promise "you're gonna like the way it looks"! Now, the challenge may be how to post the pics here. Tomorrow, I'll figure it out.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I lived in Paducah, Kentucky, Jensen was a favorite of bank pool players. Why so many bank pool players used one I never understood, but as most know there are a lot of bank pool players in Kentucky. Of any state I have lived in, the most Jensen cues I have seen were in Kentucky. :confused:

I have owned one and it was a damn fine cue. But as usual, another cue caught my attention and I sold it. :mad:

Ken

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
here's another Jensen I had - guess I'm drawn to busy birdseye fronts. ;)

Ebony, ivory and silver...

Another really fine player here.

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• jensen-06-full.jpg
    jensen-06-full.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 902
  • jensen-06-forearm.jpg
    jensen-06-forearm.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 838
  • Jensen-06-buttsleeve.jpg
    Jensen-06-buttsleeve.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 872

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard praise from everyone who owned a Jensen cue. He's an old-school cuemaker who knows how to customize a cue to one's liking.