Table/ Room Question

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the playing surface of a Diamond 7 foot (80" x40") is larger than a run of the mill valley 88" inch barbox, but does anyone know how much bigger the overall footprint is (outer dimensions)? I am thinking of making the switch to a diamond and I want to get a better idea of the fit in my bar.

Diamond recommends a room be 13 x 16.6, well mine is 12.6 x 17.6 (from the edge of my bar to the wall) There is only one area where you really have to adjust your stroke, but if it were any worse I would definitely be trimming the width of the bar a few inches.

I have attached some pics to better describe the area. I am just trying to decide if the diamond will fit or if I need to stick with what I've got.

Overall view of the area... the cue is a standard 58" for scale. (The dog is fundamentally unimpressed with my pool room dilemma).

picture.php

Two areas where it gets tight:
Balls stuck on the rail make you jack up, or get a short cue.
picture.php

picture.php

this is corner is a bad spot but at least it is not a wall...you only have to jack up a couple of inches...

picture.php

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the playing surface of a Diamond 7 foot (80" x40") is larger than a run of the mill valley 88" inch barbox, but does anyone know how much bigger the overall footprint is (outer dimensions)? I am thinking of making the switch to a diamond and I want to get a better idea of the fit in my bar.

Diamond recommends a room be 13 x 16.6, well mine is 12.6 x 17.6 (from the edge of my bar to the wall) There is only one area where you really have to adjust your stroke, but if it were any worse I would definitely be trimming the width of the bar a few inches.

I have attached some pics to better describe the area. I am just trying to decide if the diamond will fit or if I need to stick with what I've got.

Overall view of the area... the cue is a standard 58" for scale. (The dog is fundamentally unimpressed with my pool room dilemma).

picture.php

Two areas where it gets tight:
Balls stuck on the rail make you jack up, or get a short cue.
picture.php

picture.php

this is corner is a bad spot but at least it is not a wall...you only have to jack up a couple of inches...

picture.php
Diamond's site says 7' is 94"x54"x32". HTH.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if you turned the table 90 degrees and moved it away from the end wall a bit. Then the bar corner would be the only issue. One thing I did when deciding if a 9 footer would fit in my basement is I made a frame out of PVC the same size as the playing area. I placed it around my 7' table and moved it around to see what the best fit and position was.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if you turned the table 90 degrees and moved it away from the end wall a bit. Then the bar corner would be the only issue. One thing I did when deciding if a 9 footer would fit in my basement is I made a frame out of PVC the same size as the playing area. I placed it around my 7' table and moved it around to see what the best fit and position was.

Can't turn it and make it fit without doing away with the couch and sitting area that the wife needs. But that it is a great suggestion about the pvc. Might try and do that tonight. It's just hard for me to visualize the extra mass a diamond has...I'm thinking it might be too much of a squeeze...:(:angry: