Stolen cues austin tx

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My truck was broken into Friday night in Austin, Tx and they stole my cues.

The case is a 2 Shades custom leather 3x6. The back of the case is a hand tooled design that covers the entire back of the case. Its some kind of a flower design. The same design is on the front large pocket at the bottom. The rest of the front of the case is cross hatched leather. Trying to get pictures.

Cue #1 Mike Montalvo Ebony forearm with cross hatched maple points. White butt cap and joint 3/8 10 pin. It has a tiger x shaft, OB1, and an OB2. Pictures below

Cue #2 Predator Quiet Roller with 314 2 shaft and OB1 shaft. Pictures below.

Cue #3 Viking jump break with irish linen wrap.

Cue #4 Robin Dodson jump cue.

Attachments

• Mike Montalvo 1.jpg
    Mike Montalvo 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,052
  • Mike Montalvo 2.jpg
    Mike Montalvo 2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,013
  • Mike Montalvo 3.jpg
    Mike Montalvo 3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Mike Montalvo 4.jpg
    Mike Montalvo 4.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,023
  • 582.jpg
    582.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,068

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Case

This is not a picture of the case but it is very similar. Mine is a 3x6 and the large pocket on the front at the bottom is not cross hatched it is hand tooled like the back of the case.

Attachments

• Two shades case front.jpg
    Two shades case front.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 964
  • Two shades case back.jpg
    Two shades case back.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 961

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
This is definitely going to turn up, alert the pawn shops but it could take a while.
I can see some unsuspecting pool player walk into a pool hall with that case.
Try to get the documentation on everything it if you don't have it already.

I hate a thief

armoworrior

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
did you put this same post in the stolen cue sticky on the for sale/wanted to buy section?

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
I will keep an eye out for them.

Where in Austin (north, south, etc) did the break-in occur? I'm central, and I play at The Grand most of the time.

I'm sure you've contacted the police to file a report, but I'd also suggest calling and speaking with a Detective or Sergeant in the property interdiction unit, since they do a lot of work with the pawn shops. You can call 311 and ask to be transferred. I work for APD, and know the property interdiction Lieutenant very well, so please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best of luck. Those are beautiful cues and a nice looking case!

-Blake

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay Helfert describes a few stolen pool cue stories in his book. His technique was to put up flyers in the area asking if anyone found the cue and posting a reward. He got the cue back but it did involve an exchange in a dubious area of town.

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is Lewis Jones, and does anybody know how I could get in touch with him? Also can someone tell me how to transfer this thread to the stolen sticky or do I need to just start a new thread in that section. Thanks everybody for the help.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
ironman

Who is Lewis Jones, and does anybody know how I could get in touch with him? Also can someone tell me how to transfer this thread to the stolen sticky or do I need to just start a new thread in that section. Thanks everybody for the help.

I don't know Tito, but sounds like he too could be helpful. Ironman on this forum, and there are a couple, but Lewis has more than 6600 posts. Good luck, and post pics in the WOMENS bathrooms of the place it was taken from, why? Because if the creep hangs out there, he'll tear em off the Mens bathroom walls and elsewhere, but he won't frequent the interior of a womens bathroom. Good luck.

Below is a copy/paste from a recent post.

For more info contct Lewis at 870-299-3301 or Tito at 210-863-7570....there's a TX event Lewis is running this weekend, call em.

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks I would have never thought about putting them in the women's restroom so that they don't get taken down. I really appreciate everyone's help and ideas.