Question about some Epic Threads

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So being relatively new around here, I have been reading up on some of the epic threads from bygone days. A couple questions from the old schoolers,

1) What was the resolution to the Dippy Dave saga? Obviously Scott has gone on to be successful, but what about Dave? Did he ever pay up, Did he ever play Incardona? Does he still play high stakes pool and poker?

2) Did anyone ever fess up to being the poster (Long Haul trucker maybe?) who introduced us to New York and Arizona?

3) I liked the "on the road with Gene and rhea" thread as well. Obviously rhea is still around an playing pretty well, is Gene still taking folks on the road?

4) What about the eaten by a goat and s__t off a cliff, Did they ever match up for a third time? Results?

Just some things I have been curious about since reading some of these old threads...

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
3. I haven't seen anything on here from Gene in quite some time. I remember he was having a multitude of health issues so maybe he gave up going on the road to do his instruction and sell his system. I don't know.

4. I don't think Danny and John have matched up again, but I could be wrong.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3. I haven't seen anything on here from Gene in quite some time. I remember he was having a multitude of health issues so maybe he gave up going on the road to do his instruction and sell his system. I don't know.

4. I don't think Danny and John have matched up again, but I could be wrong.

I think they just played in a 14.1 tourney, Danny was the weeeener.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So being relatively new around here, I have been reading up on some of the epic threads from bygone days. A couple questions from the old schoolers,

1) What was the resolution to the Dippy Dave saga? Obviously Scott has gone on to be successful, but what about Dave? Did he ever pay up, Did he ever play Incardona? Does he still play high stakes pool and poker?

2) Did anyone ever fess up to being the poster (Long Haul trucker maybe?) who introduced us to New York and Arizona?

3) I liked the "on the road with Gene and rhea" thread as well. Obviously rhea is still around an playing pretty well, is Gene still taking folks on the road?

4) What about the eaten by a goat and s__t off a cliff, Did they ever match up for a third time? Results?

Just some things I have been curious about since reading some of these old threads...

JMHO answers....
1) Scott has his own pool hall now called Freezers Ice House in the Phoenix area. Dippy Dave is still around, mostly a poker player. As far as getting paid? Depends on who you ask...
2) Don't know who the poster was and I don't believe we ever got names for the two "monster players".
3) Like somebody else wrote, Gene had some health issues. I'm sure he is still selling his DVD "Perfect Aim" and staying a lil closer to home.
4) LOL, that is one of my favorite quotes. As far as matching up one on one, I doubt it will ever happen. I'm pretty sure they have crossed paths in some tournaments.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JMHO answers....
1) Scott has his own pool hall now called Freezers Ice House in the Phoenix area. Dippy Dave is still around, mostly a poker player. As far as getting paid? Depends on who you ask...
2) Don't know who the poster was and I don't believe we ever got names for the two "monster players".
3) Like somebody else wrote, Gene had some health issues. I'm sure he is still selling his DVD "Perfect Aim" and staying a lil closer to home.
4) LOL, that is one of my favorite quotes. As far as matching up one on one, I doubt it will ever happen. I'm pretty sure they have crossed paths in some tournaments.

From what I remember reading, between IPT and the gambling stuff with Dippy Scott bought a house and seems like it's filled with some nice toys based on some pics he had up on Facebook or something. Maybe the new pool hall money came from some of that also.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think they just played in a 14.1 tourney, Danny was the weeeener.

Yup -- 2017 World 14.1 Tournament, first single-elimination round (final 12 players plus 4 byes).

Harriman beat Schmidt 200-107 (then lost his next match to Appleton).