Only one Cue, which one and why?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious what the members value in their cues. If you could only use one cue for the rest of your playing life, Which one would it be? Just say you will be playing a variety of games, rotation, straight pool, 1 pocket, heck even snooker. The cue would need to be versatile, well made, etc. One cue for every game, breaking, jumping, etc.

Would it be a cue from your collection, or a cue you have always wanted, but never gotten?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the choice came down to my mighty Lucasi cocobolo or the Troy Downey cue i would have to go with the Lucasi.
It just feels better to me.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh shit-fire, this is gonna bug me all week. It's between my McD D-1 or my Rick Howard Custom, (both with 2 shafts). I'll give a definite answer this weekend!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Mezz. If not possible, for whatever reason, then any cue with a medium hard tip and an hour or so of practice to get used to how it plays.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Tiger sneaky 20 oz G2 medium tip with installed leather wrap it just feels good for me.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Huebler US Open

My Huebler US Open is the best playing cue I ever had.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
My current kilby plain Jane
54 inches 16.5 onces 11mm tip soft moori

Perfect cue to play 1cushion and balkline

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’d probably stop playing if I could only use one cue.
I play snooker, pool, and 3-cushion...and I got the tools for those jobs.

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Ernie Martinez with 4 shafts, G2 soft tips and 3/8 10 modified pin. Just have not found anything better (yet).

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D

Attachments

• 20170904_210535[1].jpg
    20170904_210535[1].jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 700
  • 20170304_181701[1].jpg
    20170304_181701[1].jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 702

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple to answer......any of the six (6) cues in my case.......any one of those cues
would satisfy the requirement of playing with only one cue from now on. I could just
close my eyes and pick any cue as the only cue I'll get to play with 'til I actually expire.

Now if it was possible to have acquired the Hercek cue I searched for in vain, I am pretty
certain that would be the cue I'd select but since that never materialized, Obladi Oblada.

So at least I can state with complete confidence I already own such a cue and the truly
very best part is I have five back-ups that can easily substitute if the need ever did arise.

Matt B.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I can't answer this question, especially since I'll be picking up my last 3 orders at the upcoming SBE.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like my 68 inch JC cue with the Larry Vigus thin shaft
that Larry designed for me

If I play at home only and no room for the long cue,I want Larry Vigus to make me
another cue,I like every one he has ever made

If I had the courage to keep a South West Cue,,i always loved them,but they are always selling so quickly that I can not turn down the money

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I would have to say my new cue from PFD Studios by Paul Drexler.

attachment.php

My Huebler US Open is the best playing cue I ever had.
I'm a huge fan of Paul's cues. I have an H-A myself.
I'd be super appreciative if you would be kind enough o post a pic of your cue. Thanx In Advance. -Z-

Last edited:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have

The 3 best playing cues I have are a 8 point BlackBoar, a 4 point Tasc and a 8 point McDaniel. The cue I feel most comfortable playing with is the McDaniel.

They are all very close as far as playability but for some unknown reason I play my best with the McDaniel.