I feel a little sorry for EU Mosconi team

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The EU team really never seemed to have a chance. They were just outclassed by the US team.

The audience was an embarrassment to the sport. I never liked it before, but this year was an all time low.

The high point of the games were Skyler Woodward. If he isn't chosen as a MVP, then something is wrong.

Maybe next time EU.:rolleyes:

Ken

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The EU team really never seemed to have a chance. They were just outclassed by the US team.

The audience was an embarrassment to the sport. I never liked it before, but this year was an all time low.

The high point of the games were Skyler Woodward. If he isn't chosen as a MVP, then something is wrong.

Ken
he was selected as MVP

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what the issue with the audience was... But the thing has been a bit of a freak Show, as far as school goes. I guess we wouldn't have it any other way.

One winner, one loser. The nature of the came

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken they spanked us like 8 or 9 years in a row are ya kidding? They've had bragging rights (and rightly so) for almost a decade so let the USA team bask in its glory.

Quite frankly they way the Europeans and Asians have been playing I thought it would be a long time before I would see this.

Enjoy the moment...:thumbup:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love pool as much as the next guy. I also am a huge fan
of mum pool.

That being said, the crowd is my favorite part of this
event. The louder the better. When it comes home
next year I think we should show the Euros how loud
American fans can be.

Can’t we have at least one event a year with a very
interactive crowd?

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Outside of the whooping and shrieking I loved the crowd. To be honest, the energy of the crowd is why I've always wanted to go to this tournament

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s always hard losing when you’ve put up a good fight at the end. No need to feel sorry for them though, they’ll get over it sooner rather than later once the emotion (which is a huge part of this event) dies down -and they head off to pot, pot, pot for a pot of gold somewhere. They are all professionals at the end of the day. A couple of the Euro players have learnt a thing or two about pressure and playing out of their comfort zone.

Well done to the USA. Styer played superb at times but also made several rookie errors. He got off cheap as his team won but, like the other members of his team, every point he earned contributed to his team’s victory.

It was a great competition and one of the most enjoyable Mosconi cups. Europe weren’t at their best but showed plenty of heart. There were some great individual moments from players on both teams. The atmosphere was great and the USA players didn’t seem to be too worried about it - it only seemed to bother a few folk watching on the Internet. It’s always harder to play a shot when you are actually at the table than when you are watching, the players coped just fine. Hats off to the USA, I’ve been rooting for them a little bit the last few years. Now they’ve got a victory I’ll be back to 100% behind Europe next year and looking forward to it.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the difference of Mario He not being a Euro member really make a difference? It seems the play from Kazakis was not up to par from what I’m reading.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Ken

Ken you best not go to one in person then. Its much crazier when you are part of that crowd than the life stream shows:wink:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken you best not go to one in person then. Its much crazier when you are part of that crowd than the life stream shows:wink:

You're probably right. I enjoy the Derby City Classic each year, I have never missed one.

I did give going next year in Vegas a thought as I have friends there I would get a chance to visit.

Ken

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
You're probably right. I enjoy the Derby City Classic each year, I have never missed one.

I did give going next year in Vegas a thought as I have friends there I would get a chance to visit.

Ken

I have never been to the DCC but is at the tops of my pool bucket list. If you decide to go to the show next December let me know.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Ken
.............................:scratchhead:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait until next year and our crowd will be doing the same thing.. I’m sure you won’t complain then. The fans our the best part.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see Sky play in the WPA World 9-ball.
Only problem is you gotta fly to that ShariaSh^*hole known as Qatar-the-Gutter. Great title to have but WTF?? Can't they find a better place to play? Almost anywhere would be better than there.

Desmondp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't feel sorry for the team, i feel sorry for the stupid selection process

How can Joshua Filler NOT be on this year's team ?

It should be a case of 3-4 players are chosen based on previous cup performance and only 1-2 players available for new blood