Gold Crown cue rack

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Guys

This week-end I’ve made an interesting find, (2) NOS gold crown cue rack from 1970 still in the box. The seller wanted to sell them together so I bought them both even if I need only one.

The first one is really as new but unfortunately the second one has some water damage, nothing dramatic but still some damage.

Originally I was looking for an Anniversary rack since it’s the table I own but I like those as well.

As you can see there is no nameplate but only stickers. If somebody has a metal nameplate for sale at a reasonable price, I’m a taker. I know Classic Billiard has brand new one but at 70$-80$ I think it’s a little expensive for a cue rack.

Martin

Thanks for looking

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if I know enough about these racks, but to find theses as NOS in original boxes seems to me like an amazing find! I wonder if you see any dates on the boxes or the racks themselves as to when they were mfg.? Can people here tell how far back these NOS cue racks were actually made- are they back to the GCI days? that white color sure looks like mid 60s newer poolroom decor.

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if I know enough about these racks, but to find theses as NOS in original boxes seems to me like an amazing find! I wonder if you see any dates on the boxes or the racks themselves as to when they were mfg.? Can people here tell how far back these NOS cue racks were actually made- are they back to the GCI days? that white color sure looks like mid 60s newer poolroom decor.

Mike

We dont see it in the pictures but "1970" is written on the boxes flaps.

Martin

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very interesting racks. To me they seem slightly different than any of the GC racks I have seen. The circles where the cue bases sits is different, the top brown rail looks a bit different and the decals vs nameplates as you already highlighted.

The box say canada, maybe just for that market?

Very cool find, thanks for sharing.

Ian

martin35

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very interesting racks. To me they seem slightly different than any of the GC racks I have seen. The circles where the cue bases sits is different, the top brown rail looks a bit different and the decals vs nameplates as you already highlighted.

The box say canada, maybe just for that market?

Very cool find, thanks for sharing.

Ian

I think they were actually made in Canada and I think also they looks slightly different, I dont know if the design changed over the years or if it's because they were made in Canada.

Martin