Inspired

sausage

Banned
ok, i just watched john run 245 balls then went and ran 70 after a couple "warm up" racks. on the fifth rack i decided to remove a difficult combination early to make things easier. made the combo but forgot to watch my position and had to curve my cue to make my disaster ball in the corner. amazingly i made that but i guess i was trying to hard to orchestrate the curve of the cue and brushed the cluster with my tip. fortunately the judges had their head turned. :sorry: but by brushing the cluster, it just turned a workable rack into a nightmare. now i had all kinds of difficulty. i fought through it but got perfectly straight on my break-ball. i tried some heroics to chip some balls from the rack but failed miserably. so, it stopped at 70

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
glad to see that the Dvd helped out, i get the same resulys when i watch a few videos before i play. it helps me see the patterns alot clearer when i play as well.
i have watched johns dvd's numerous times and each time i do i pick out something new.

good luck in future runs
Steve

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
sounds pretty good. 70 is some straight shootin. Just curious, would you have counted it if you kept the run going even though you fouled?

sausage

Banned
steve: the main thing i got from the vid is to just go ahead and play and not obsess about screwing up. john makes that point with regard to break-balls but it's true for the entire rack. just like fast eddie learned, you have to play fast and loose because after all, it is JUST a game....

CreeDo: had it been my best run, i would have probably personally counted it but prefaced it with an asterisk. it was a flagrant foul.... had i been taping and beaten willies record it would be a tough-sell in the office of the book of world records. :sorry: ironically, that foul turned a workable rack into a mess or i might have kept going...

sausage

Banned
thanks john! it's not often that i get a compliment from the greatest 14.1 player on earth. :smile: