Practicing 9 ball

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was practicing 9 ball one day a at pool hall that has since closed, just throwing the balls out on the table randomly and running out. A local legend, pro/money player approached me and asked "Where do the balls go on the break shot? I replied that I guess they randomly spread out all over. He told me that on a hard break over half of the balls will be within a diamond of a rail.

I started watching break shots and he was right, so now when tossing balls out on the table I make sure several are close to the rail.

Foookin genius, that guy was. Prob trolling for someone slightly less genius than him is to bet against.

Over 2/3 of the table is within a diamond of a rail. No bet.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say SRV was the quality of Hendrix...Clapton/ Van Halen and a long list of just behind follows that pair..

He was born 3 weeks after me, 5 weeks after Efren. I never saw him play, which I'll regret the rest of my life. There's an SRV tribute on YT, @ 90 mins, with his brother, BB King, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, Clapton. etc... in between songs, they have short interviews with all of them @ Stevie. In one with Clapton, he said when he played with SRV, he had to shut him out, visually and audio-wise. He said, if he didn't, he would say to himself, "What's the point?" and just walk off stage... pretty strong medicine, coming from Clapton.

I saw Hendrix three times. And I saw every other super-star swingin' d**k lead guitarist from the 60s - 70s, at least once. None could hold a candle to Hendrix, IMHO. Not one of them. They were all great. But he was in a class by himself. And then, @ 10 years ago, I saw Stevie on YT. My jaw hit the floor. I'd heard him before, sure. But I was never a huge blues fan so I didn't pay much attention. I'm an idiot. I saw him play and it was like I couldn't breathe right. He's the only guitarist I ever saw who could play with Hendrix. If you watch him closely, it's like the guitar is part of his body. And every part of his body is music. His shoulders, his head, his arms... just astounding. Just simply... astounding.

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was born 3 weeks after me, 5 weeks after Efren. I never saw him play, which I'll regret the rest of my life. There's an SRV tribute on YT, @ 90 mins, with his brother, BB King, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, Clapton. etc... in between songs, they have short interviews with all of them @ Stevie. In one with Clapton, he said when he played with SRV, he had to shut him out, visually and audio-wise. He said, if he didn't, he would say to himself, "What's the point?" and just walk off stage... pretty strong medicine, coming from Clapton.

I saw Hendrix three times. And I saw every other super-star swingin' d**k lead guitarist from the 60s - 70s, at least once. None could hold a candle to Hendrix, IMHO. Not one of them. They were all great. But he was in a class by himself. And then, @ 10 years ago, I saw Stevie on YT. My jaw hit the floor. I'd heard him before, sure. But I was never a huge blues fan so I didn't pay much attention. I'm an idiot. I saw him play and it was like I couldn't breathe right. He's the only guitarist I ever saw who could play with Hendrix. If you watch him closely, it's like the guitar is part of his body. And every part of his body is music. His shoulders, his head, his arms... just astounding. Just simply... astounding.

Look for live at el mocambo. Talk about a jaw dropper.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My pic of close quarters 9b, attempt 2:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180521-161411.jpg
    Screenshot_20180521-161411.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 100

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always maintain decorum, when faced with provocation