Old
  (#61)
Michael Andros
tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-20-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
No doubt brother. Saw SRV three times, the last just months before the chopper crash. Something to see for sure. Seein JH is pretty damn awesome. Not many can say that.
Well... not many who are still alive!

Player: 1973 Meucci model QB-12 18.5 oz.
Player: 2017 Custom Meucci 18.5 oz
Player: 2016 Joss model 10-08 18.5 oz
Player: 2016 McDermott model gs07c 18.5 oz
Case: 1980 Fellini 1x2 black
Case: 2017 Katana 1x1 black
Case: 2017 Katana 2x2 black
Case: 2018 Katana 2x4 black

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

Old
  (#62)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
05-20-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.g. (old guy) View Post
I was practicing 9 ball one day a at pool hall that has since closed, just throwing the balls out on the table randomly and running out. A local legend, pro/money player approached me and asked "Where do the balls go on the break shot? I replied that I guess they randomly spread out all over. He told me that on a hard break over half of the balls will be within a diamond of a rail.

I started watching break shots and he was right, so now when tossing balls out on the table I make sure several are close to the rail.
Foookin genius, that guy was. Prob trolling for someone slightly less genius than him is to bet against.

Over 2/3 of the table is within a diamond of a rail. No bet.

You should have a shot at the cash, especially if we don't get any top pros participating.
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
...he loves pool, but he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket...

Old
  (#63)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2018, 02:29 PM

I'd say SRV was the quality of Hendrix...Clapton/ Van Halen and a long list of just behind follows that pair..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
He was born 3 weeks after me, 5 weeks after Efren. I never saw him play, which I'll regret the rest of my life. There's an SRV tribute on YT, @ 90 mins, with his brother, BB King, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, Clapton. etc... in between songs, they have short interviews with all of them @ Stevie. In one with Clapton, he said when he played with SRV, he had to shut him out, visually and audio-wise. He said, if he didn't, he would say to himself, "What's the point?" and just walk off stage... pretty strong medicine, coming from Clapton.

I saw Hendrix three times. And I saw every other super-star swingin' d**k lead guitarist from the 60s - 70s, at least once. None could hold a candle to Hendrix, IMHO. Not one of them. They were all great. But he was in a class by himself. And then, @ 10 years ago, I saw Stevie on YT. My jaw hit the floor. I'd heard him before, sure. But I was never a huge blues fan so I didn't pay much attention. I'm an idiot. I saw him play and it was like I couldn't breathe right. He's the only guitarist I ever saw who could play with Hendrix. If you watch him closely, it's like the guitar is part of his body. And every part of his body is music. His shoulders, his head, his arms... just astounding. Just simply... astounding.

You should have a shot at the cash, especially if we don't get any top pros participating.
Good luck

Quote:
...he loves pool, but he lost his love for pool halfway through the one pocket...

Old
  (#64)
Rimfirejunkie
AzB Silver Member
Rimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Andros View Post
He was born 3 weeks after me, 5 weeks after Efren. I never saw him play, which I'll regret the rest of my life. There's an SRV tribute on YT, @ 90 mins, with his brother, BB King, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, Clapton. etc... in between songs, they have short interviews with all of them @ Stevie. In one with Clapton, he said when he played with SRV, he had to shut him out, visually and audio-wise. He said, if he didn't, he would say to himself, "What's the point?" and just walk off stage... pretty strong medicine, coming from Clapton.

I saw Hendrix three times. And I saw every other super-star swingin' d**k lead guitarist from the 60s - 70s, at least once. None could hold a candle to Hendrix, IMHO. Not one of them. They were all great. But he was in a class by himself. And then, @ 10 years ago, I saw Stevie on YT. My jaw hit the floor. I'd heard him before, sure. But I was never a huge blues fan so I didn't pay much attention. I'm an idiot. I saw him play and it was like I couldn't breathe right. He's the only guitarist I ever saw who could play with Hendrix. If you watch him closely, it's like the guitar is part of his body. And every part of his body is music. His shoulders, his head, his arms... just astounding. Just simply... astounding.
Look for live at el mocambo. Talk about a jaw dropper.

Old
  (#65)
Michael Andros
Michael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Andros has a reputation beyond repute

05-20-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfirejunkie View Post
Seen it many times and couldn't agree more. This is my all-time favorite SRV vid, coincidentally, from that concert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoB_YBXXEOU

"Nobody in the world is going to do anything but sit and watch... while you run out."

~ Tony Proestos ~

Old
  (#66)
Michael Andros

05-20-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfirejunkie View Post
Seen it many times and couldn't agree more. This is my all-time favorite SRV vid. Coincidentally, it's from that concert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoB_YBXXEOU

~ Tony Proestos ~

Old
  (#67)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Yesterday, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Almost 2/3 (20/32). Still no bet.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#68)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=Black-Balled

Over 2/3 of the table is within a diamond of a rail. No bet.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

pj
chgo
On some tables, everything is within a Diamond from a rail.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

https://www.facebook.com/skriptik/?ref=page_internal POOL PENS

Old
  (#69)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Yesterday, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
On some tables, everything is within a Diamond from a rail.
Come to think of it, if we count the entire table (not just the playing area) it's more than 2/3, like Black-Balled says.

My bad, BB.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#70)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

Yesterday, 01:15 PM

My pic of close quarters 9b, attempt 2:
Attached Images

Good luck

Quote:

Old
  (#71)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

Yesterday, 01:17 PM

And I kept going
Attached Images

Good luck

Quote:

Old
  (#72)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

Yesterday, 01:24 PM

Still going...
Attached Images

Good luck

Quote:

Old
  (#73)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

Yesterday, 01:28 PM

And then, I told her
Attached Images

Good luck

Quote:

Old
  (#74)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Always maintain decorum, when faced with provocation
Attached Images

Good luck

Quote:

Old
  (#75)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

Yesterday, 01:32 PM

You wanna buy out for 70%?
Attached Images

Good luck

Quote:

Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: