When I can someday buy the Predator BK Rush...

cluelesscuer

What do people recommend 1.) No wrap 2.) sports grip

I know the sports grip looks nice but I wonder if will cause me to more likely "choke" the cue. I know no wrap still gives you a lot grip (compared to say irish linen, which I've always used for my player). But the no wrap is still closer to a looser feel than a sports grip.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member

I know the sports grip looks nice but I wonder if will cause me to more likely "choke" the cue. I know no wrap still gives you a lot grip (compared to say irish linen, which I've always used for my player). But the no wrap is still closer to a looser feel than a sports grip.

Thoughts?
I've been told by someone that has one with no wrap that the wrap can wear after a while. So for that reason alone, I intend to eventually buy one with no wrap. I honestly can't remember the severity of the wear that he was talking about, but it was enough for him to buy the one with no wrap.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve played with Irish linen wraps my entire life and have loved them. I went with a leather wrap on my Revo and sports wrap on my BK Rush. In both cases the tactile feel is different. I might say I like the linen wrap feel better but I’m open minded. The leather wrap feels soft and bumpy. The sports wrap feels rubbery and bumpy. But neither make me feel likely to change my grip (harder or softer). They just take a minute to stop noticing how they feel. As a matter of taste, I don’t like wrapless because they feel like driving a car with back shocks to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cluelesscuer

Interesting. I would have concern of the sports wrap wearing out. I heard it can be a problem putting in and taking of a cue case.

I'm an Irish Linen guy too. Maybe the no wrap is a better option for me cause I could put on an irish linen wrap later on. I don't think you can do that with the sports grip.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have the wrapless BK Rush and It has all the grip I need for any break speed or style. I wax it once in a while with a good car wax and it always grips like a new cue. The wrapless will always have the same grip. The sports wrap could change after a while and while I know people will declare that the grip on their sports wrap has not changed, no one has had one long enough to tell how it will hold up in the long run. I will add that if I couldn't have got a wrapless I would have settled for the sports wrap when I bought it.

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
I'd imagine is just the same material as the sport wrap they have used on the BK3, as well as some of their playing cues. So perhaps someone who's had a BK3 sport wrap for several years can comment on how well it wears, and if it gets bad is it easy to get Predator to replace it?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I think the 1st version of predators sports wrap were bad. Like on the bk2. But they've really improved on them. I've had the rush with sports wrap since the day they came out and not one sign of any wear yet.

Was kinda wishing there would be some wear honestly because I told myself if there is any wear by next expo I'd get a stacked leather on it but no luck yet as it's still in perfect condition.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Choose a no wrap cue. If you want a better grip, just put on it a tennis overgrip. That is how I'm doing on my break and playing cue.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To each their own. I would go wrapless if it were a choice I had to make.

I got a cheapo scorpion cue with a rubber wrap in a trade one time. I thought I would use it as a break cue, but hated the wrap. I ended up cutting it off and wrapping it with hockey stick tape. :thumbup:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you guys think about putting a different Predator butt in the BK Rush. Sound like a reasonable thing to do?

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sport grip?

Tried one.

Feels horrible to me.

The appropriate analogy would be vulgar.

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I owned a bk3 for multiple years before getting my Rush. Both have sport wraps and both are basically the same material.

When I got the Rush I remember feeling the grip was way more grippy than the bk3 but not enough for me to notice without holding both side by side. If you take care of your cues the sport wrap shouldn’t be an issue over time. At least it hasn’t been for me.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

Thoughts?

Did you like the feel of the wrap or didnt you...

Why do people go to the hive mind for this stuff... make your own decision... it's gonna be yours... not ours.