Junior Filipino Invasion

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Junior Filipino Invasion: A Puyat Sports Program

• Open to all Filipino pool players (male or female) aged 17 years old and below.
• Enrolled in the past schoolyear (2017-2018).
• Or has been duly enrolled in the coming 2018-2019 academic year.
• Kids with dual citizenship are also welcome.

Tournament Details:
• 9-Ball
• International Rules
• Race to 7
• True Double Elimination format

• No entry fees
• No table fees

Venue:
• Game Ball, Rizal Memorial Stadium (in front of SM Harrison)
• Start: May 25, 2018, Friday, 1PM-7PM
• Finals: May 26, 2018, Saturday, 10AM – 5PM

Attire:
• No shorts, sandos, and slippers
• No sleeveless shirts

Prizes for Top 4 Placers:

• Inclusion into the Junior Filipino Invasion Program (see details below)

• Cues and cue cases from Ropa Commercial

• Custom pool cue for the Top 1 from Linds Custom Cues and Pool Tables

• Trophies from MLA Trading

• Pool accessories from Navigator

• Cherry Mobile Smartphones

• Magic Chalk and Thoroughbred Tips from Mr. Noel Cruz and Mr. Jasper Philip Lim

• And more!

Player Requirements:

• Birth Certificate (NSO certified)
• Report Card for the 2017-2018 schoolyear or duly-accomplished and validated enrollment form for the 2018-2019 academic year
• Signed Consent Form from parents and/or guardian to join and participate in the program (for the Top 4)

️ You may pre-register and submit the requirements (Xerox copy of Birth Certificate, Report Card and/or validated Enrollment Form) to our new BSCP Tournament Official, Mr. Allan Soliman.

Mr. Allan Soliman can be reached at 09192603518. He is almost always at the AMF-Puyat Superbowl and Billiards Center, Mondays to Saturdays, 5PM - 11PM.

NOTE:

• Pool players need to be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian during the event

• Top 4 placers need to undergo and pass a drug test after the event. Failure to pass the test will result in disqualification from the Junior Filipino Invasion program and forfeiture of prizes and benefits.

Puyat Sports, in cooperation with the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC), the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC), the Billiard Sports Confederation of the Philippines (BSCP), and J&P Sports and Events, is undertaking an initiative like no other.

To continue the legacy and legendary tales of Efren Reyes, Francisco Bustamante, Jose Parica, Rodolfo Luat, and Leonardo Andam in the persons of our young ones. It’s The Junior Filipino Invasion program!

The country’s most promising young ones will battle it out on May 25-26, 2018! The top four finishers will get the chance of a lifetime!

For at least a year, they will go through rigorous training under the tutelage of Mr. Aristeo "Putch” Puyat – the Godfather of Philippine billiards - and the coaches of the Philippine Billiard Team, including:

• The Greatest of All Time - Efren Reyes
• Hall of Famer - Francisco Bustamante
• World Champion – Rodolfo Luat

The training will be comprehensive and wide-ranging, covering all aspects of the sport. It is one complete package designed by the coaches themselves to make the kids the best pool players they can be – the very best - the next generation of billiard superstars from the Pool Capital of the World!

They will learn all the secrets of the Filipino Invasion! And believe you me, it will be rigorous and demanding! Nothing will be held back.

At the discretion of the coaches, the kids will have that rare opportunity to become members of the Philippine Billiard Team and/or represent the flag in various meets, local and international.

And oh! The program comes complete with transportation and meal allowances, including the parent accompanying the player.

Kids, I love the sport with all my heart. And it continues to love me back even more. This one’s for y’all! And I kid you not!

Think of all the possibilities, all the potentials! This could be the start of something big! The sky's the limit! Take it! It’s yours! Good luck!

With that said, the search for the Junior Filipino Invasion begins. It starts on the 25th!

And on a personal note:

The Junior Filipino Invasion program is close to my heart. It is something I conceptualized and put in writing several years back.

We keep the kids off drugs, encourage them to stay in school, and further hone their pool playing skills – making them extremely dangerous on the green felt.

With the able guidance of their parents and the champions of the sport, the program will help these kids realize their dreams of playing for God, country, and family.

And with hope, the youngsters will become the masters of masters in the different pool disciplines. Individually, they will have their respective strengths. Collectively, they will be unstoppable!

They will be the kings of the game. They will be heroes – yours and mine. They will be the new Filipino Invasion!

And a whole-hearted thank you to the fine gentlemen of the cue sport:

Mr. Putch Puyat of Puyat Sports - the Godfather of Philippine Billiards
Officers and Directors of the PSC, POC, and BSCP
Coaches of the Philippine Billiard Team - Efren Reyes, Francisco Bustamante, and Rodolfo Luat
Mr. Allan Soliman - our new BSCP Tournament Official
Mr. Jesse Gonzales Cambosa Sr. - my hard-working kumpadre and new BSCP Director!

Thank you very much for giving me your word that you will take care of the kids, with emphasis on their needs on the green felt!

Thank you for the trust and confidence! Thank you very much for believing! Mabuhay po kayo!

And more thank yous to the following friends for assisting us with prizes and all! Thank you very much for your love for the kids! Maraming salamat po!

ROPA Commercial
Navigator
MLA Trading
Cherry Mobile
Chaboy Billiards
Golden Break Hookah Bar and Billiards
Linds Custom Cues
Councilor Moti Arceo
Mr. Patrick Paul Contreras
Mr. Go Bon Seng
Magic Chalk and Thoroughbred Tips (Mr. Noel Cruz and Mr. Jasper Philip Lim)

Dreams do come true.
Making things happen.

More here, AzB family and friends:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1897215910312952&id=129270173774210

6b05e80145a094e1de1f3dd152f42176.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The kid in the poster holds his little finger on his right hand like Willie did...
.....let the world beware....:eek:

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
The kid in the poster holds his little finger on his right hand like Willie did...
.....let the world beware....:eek:
I didn't know that, Pt109! Learned something new today.

The comment got me a bit excited ha ha ha! Sharing with you a photo that someone took while I was playing in the MAPPA 9-BALL event a couple of months back.

It brought a smile to my face.

Now, I don't play like Willie - very, very far from it, and don't pretend to be such. It was nice knowing the trivia of sort. Thank you very much for it.

AnitoKid
31a2f1454174535733559c9a872eec83.jpg

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who wins???

The five best Pinoy juniors VS The 5 best current adult Americans ???

Mosconi cup format ....

I'll take the Pinoy's.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TEN Threads on page one by one guy about Filipinos? Cimon man Cool it will you.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
TEN Threads on page one by one guy about Filipinos? Cimon man Cool it will you.

Top thirty players in the world.....eleven of them are Pinoys.
...no other country is as well represented.
So any billiard forum is gonna talk a lot about them.

If you go to a sumo forum, I’m sure Japanese names will crop up a lot.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son is half filipino, mother and grandfather from CDO, mother from Pampanga (?). If I cannot get his dual citizenship in time next year, do you think he could compete?

Reason is his mother gave up her citizenship in Phil and has to reapply first before we can get his paperwork going.

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
My son is half filipino, mother and grandfather from CDO, mother from Pampanga (?). If I cannot get his dual citizenship in time next year, do you think he could compete?

Reason is his mother gave up her citizenship in Phil and has to reapply first before we can get his paperwork going.
Hello Team Slo, I really wish we could accommodate and all. However, he should have dual citizenship to compete.

AnitoKid

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great promotional idea. It links back to the game's legends, showing respect for the ones who paved the way, while supporting the next generation. Number of Filipino kids who can pick Effren out of a police lineup vs. number of american kids who can pick out Earl Strickland...over/under

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Just to add, my friend,

If ever you visit the country again, I'll make sure that you meet the champions and all. (That is if you haven't met them yet).

I'll introduce you to everyone. I'll get you from the airport myself and get you and your sons to the hotel.

Take care. And regards to your sons, please.

AnitoKid

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, mich appreciated. We have family there in Manila as well.

Will be a good time.