71 ball run

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Nice run

I seem to be stuck in the 60's and 70's.

https://vimeo.com/54655139

Not a bad place to be stuck. Nice run :thumbup2:

I predict a hondo before the year is out. I understand that it gets harder and harder the higher you go, but I still think you are about to break out with another big one.

Myself, I seem to be stuck in the teens lately, with an occasional foray into the land of 20s. Time for some practice, I guess.:rolleyes:

My practice netted me 22,23,24,24,25,25. Maybe tomorrow I can hit 26.

Last edited:

tksix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice run Marop!

I have been in 30 something land for weeks, broke through last night with a 45.

If I had a 71 I wouldn't know how to act.

Mike

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"...treading water here, man, treading water..." That would make for another Springsteen song.

Nice shooting, Bill: 3, foul, 67:smile:

Thanks for posting; I always enjoy them.

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Not that I can see the future but I think you ready for your high run & then some .I believe your high is in the 90"s. The week before I hade my first monster (205) I was running steady 60's & 70's .We all know your very capable of running ???????????????? Good Luck !

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not that I can see the future but I think you ready for your high run & then some .I believe your high is in the 90"s. The week before I hade my first monster (205) I was running steady 60's & 70's .We all know your very capable of running ???????????????? Good Luck !

Nah, he has been over 100 several times.

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Sorry didn't know about the 100's Congrats but I stand buy my thought that you are preping for a monster IMHO

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good going, Bill.
How it is that you are seating the balls vs not using a rack? Dots or taps or what.
Thx,
Stan

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Good going, Bill.
How it is that you are seating the balls vs not using a rack? Dots or taps or what.
Thx,
Stan

Hi Stan,

I tapped the table when the cloth was new but that was about 3 years ago. There not racking very tight now. I'm going to re-cloth as soon as I get John to split the cost... LOL

Bill

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I tapped the table when the cloth was new but that was about 3 years ago. There not racking very tight now.
that happens as cloth stretches with time. Good advice with tapped rack is rubbing the rack area with pretty wet cloth, yet not soaking wet (you can even go as far as putting a drop of water upon every divot) and leave it overnight. When the cloth dries it is almost as smooth as new. Then you can tap the rack area again, and there you are back to tight racks ;)

Raggedy Andy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try this out.........next time you are into one of these runs.....when you are racking for the next break ball, restart the run mentally....from that break ball. You will see that it gives you a mental reset. Sometimes, most times, it is mental error that stifles the run. I know with me it is. What most impresses me about good straight pool players is the concentration. It takes extreme focus to keep a run going. You are a good player, sir.