Finally really hit a nice break shot.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Humidity is high and the cloth is a little dirty.
This shot took place while practicing by myself and from a actual end of rack set up.
I could see the cueball would hit the ball in the 2nd row (of the racked balls)straight on , so I hit it firm with 2 tips of high and plowed the cueball thru the rack. It worked exactly as I foresaw it.

Attachments

• Resized_20200611_231703.jpg
    Resized_20200611_231703.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 257

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue ball was about where the 14 is and break ball was about 1/2 way between the 1 and the 4.

Funny sometimes these wide open racks are hard to run as the balls tend to block routes. Lot of off angle combos are lurking:embarrassed2:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well done. Paying sufficient attention to the exact attack point in the pack is something that even very accomplished players don't always do. As you have demonstrated, the stroke selection must be consistent with your attack angle.

It's nice when the whole process comes together as it did for you. Keep up the good work.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cue ball was about where the 14 is and break ball was about 1/2 way between the 1 and the 4 ...
The traditional side-of-the-rack break. When you have a nice thinnish cut and use medium power, the rack breaks open as well as much faster breaks with less angle. And the follow almost guarantees you won't scratch.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue ball was about where the 14 is and break ball was about 1/2 way between the 1 and the 4.

Funny sometimes these wide open racks are hard to run as the balls tend to block routes. Lot of off angle combos are lurking:embarrassed2:

Nice! now play the wide open racks from the outside in if possible- playing corner-most balls that block paths - then try to end up with stop, stop, next break shot

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi would be proud! Of course his cue ball would be in the center of the rack area, but there was only one Mosconi. I call this a minefield. Can be tricky so is a good idea to practice this kind of layout. People take it for granted that once the balls are open like this that getting on a new break ball is a gimme. It is anything but that unless you have practiced short and precise position play.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a shimmed up procut Diamond that plays so tight its sickening:sorry:
I didnt run this rack because I had the cueball where the 6 was and fired the 1 almost straight into the corner. 1 hit the pocket facing and rattled in the jaws. Pocket Speed is a huge factor on this table.

Yes I could have shot it easier but I was going good;)

Attachments

• 20200613_120923.jpg
    20200613_120923.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 171