Need a hint on pocket angles

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
hey guys I need your help. Our local pool hall is going to have their cloth replaced and pockets fixed on coming week. The tables are Brunswicks, and the pocket size we wish for is 4 1/2 inches (I guess that's mouth size, so what is going to be throat size then?).
Could you please give me a quick hint on other dimensions required (so that we tell local mechanics what we expect them to do)? Pocket opening angle (141-142?), down angle (15 degrees as recommended by RKC?), proper cushion nose height would be good to remind them too. We really want them to try their best to make our equipment good.

I had a drawing (though a hard one to read ;)) by RKC stored somewhere but I can't find it now (nore can I find the thread where it comes from). If any of you have a clear picture showing proper pocket angles, I'd ask you to share (here or PM if you'd like to).

Thanks!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
my request still stands. (Glen? what about your picture? I've seen you are on the road but maybe you have it on your laptop)

Kudos to one mechanic who bothered to send me some PMs in regard with that.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/WPA_Tournament_Table_Equipment_Specifications

This link should provide the information you seek, minus the drawing that you referenced.

Depending on the skill and the knowledge of the mechanic, it may be a tall order to ask him to modify the pocket angles/size. Many mechanics don't want to mess around with things like that, as it can be quite time consuming. Also, they may not have the tools necessary to complete such a task.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Agreed. It seems like you've done enough research to know the specs you want. If the mechanic doesn't know what to do with that info, there probably isn't much you'll be able to tell them to lead them to the right end result.

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
The mechanics willing and or qualified to do that work are far and few between at least in my area.

The WPA Rules look about correct from recollection.

It is an old thread these days but I documented everything I did to my table. You can click the link in my signature. I hope it helps...