BEWARE OF Zhou8747 NON-PAYER

poolchady

Zen Custom Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I befriend with him and have known him for many years. Zhou works for the bank and he has a poolroom at Shanghai. Let me send him a message real quick. Probably he doesn't know this thread and didn't have a chance to log on.

Last edited:

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
He has completed several purchases with some of AZ's finest members. Perhaps this is a simple error in communication, hopefully nothing more and that all is ok on his end.

BTW, Poolchady gives him a very good reference, which is worth a lot in my book.

Will Prout

Mine too for sure.:thumbup:

tybo22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Sean, Maybe you had a good deal with Zhou and you are right he has not signed in two week, which is about the time he told me he wanted to buy the cue. And then no contact afterwards. Not sure where you are going with your post, but as far as I am concern the guy is a crook.

Am I missing something....what exactly did he steal? Did you send him the cue? I have had someone back out of a deal with me.....sure it pissed me off a little but he was not a crook. This guy maybe wasted your time but he didn't steal anything from you.

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You never know, something more important may have come up in his life; perhaps something serious.

You really should have given him an opportunity to explain his side of things before calling him out publicly, especially since he hasn't been on.

And you're calling him a crook because he didn't buy your cue? :confused:

I see that you already left him his first negative iTrader.

Seems way off base to me.

I hope he's okay.

best,
brian kc

+1, This is where i stand as well. Did he try and trick you into sending it without payment? I dont see anything stolen here. Maybe not the ideal situation, but as I see it- No harm, No foul! Surely he doesn't deserve the negative iTrader.

Chris

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
He didn't steal anything and iTrader is for COMPLETED deals.I have no "dog in the fight" but I really don't like the "lynch mob" mentality.If Poolchady vouches for him,that means a lot.People don't complete deals all the time.Nothing was stolen and NOT completing a deal is not a crime.Something serious in his life may have required his immediate attention.Why not let him respond before calling him out? iTrader needs to be made "unavailable" until after a deal is completed,by the admin.Using iTrader to "get even" for a NON PURCHASE is the only problem that I see here.Just my 2 cents.
Marc

Last edited:

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
He didn't steal anything and iTrader is for COMPLETED deals.I have no "dog in the fight" but I really don't like the "lynch mob" mentality.If Poolchady vouches for him,that means a lot.People don't complete deals all the time.Nothing was stolen and NOT completing a deal is not a crime.Something serious in his life may have required his immediate attention.Why not let him respond before calling him out? Just my 2 cents.
Marc

I don't have a dog in the fight either, but defaulting on a contract is not cool ... and the thread title is "NON PAYER" which, at least from one side, accurate.

Maybe there is a sensible explanation, but a seller can't read a buyer's mind.

Reneging on a deal, especially without explanation and dragging things out, does have a cost to a seller ... it's called "OPPORTUNITY COST."

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I didn't say that it was "cool" and I have had my share of non paying "buyers".It happens all the time.I don't like it,but I move on and sell my item to someone else.The seller has NO "out of pocket" expense" only some wasted time and aggravation.MOVE ON and RE SELL the item.NO REASON for negative iTrader.
Marc

Last edited:

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I didn't say that it was "cool" and I have had my share of non paying "buyers".It happens all the time.I don't like it,but I move on and sell my item to someone else.The seller has NO "out of pocket" expense" only some wasted time and aggravation.MOVE ON and re sell the item.NO REASON for negative iTrader.
Marc

I agree with moving on, but I also believe that letting others know is the responsible thing to do. iTRADER is in essence a localized credit bureau ... and if only positive results are included then it becomes worthless to buyers and sellers alike.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
LWW,I agree with you,but I also believe that iTrader is only for COMPLETED deals.If everyone left negative iTrader for incomplete deals, then we would be full of negative members here.Yes,I believe our word is a contract,and I don't appreciate "wanna be buyers", that back out,but this guy needs to be heard from before we lynch him.I just wanna wait and see.
Marc

poolchady

Zen Custom Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Backing out of a deal is kinda common business practice in China. The best case scenario is they will give you all kinds of excuses to make you feel sorry for them. The worst case scenario is they simply ignore you and pretend nothing happened. FYI, Taobao.com is the largest online auction company in China. It's like ebay in the States. The funny thing is, on Taobao, even somebody won the auction they guy is not obligated to pay for it. As long as the high bidder does not pay for the item for 2 days the system will automatically cancel the deal. Nowadays whenever I got an offer from a China customer, I will not consider it's a completed deal. I will keep the cue on my website unless I receive the full payment. The most important thing is DON'T SEND THE CUE unless you got what you asked for.

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I think if all of us left negative iTrader feedbacks for "non-transactions" (where buyers back out of a deal or offer that was agreed to), it would be utter chaos on here. These same people would just come back again and again under new IDs (think it's bad now, lol). Just in the last month, I've had this happen 4 or 5 times....and I know know I'm not alone. You just move on. :thumbup:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I think if all of us left negative iTrader feedbacks for "non-transactions" (where buyers back out of a deal or offer that was agreed to), it would be utter chaos on here. These same people would just come back again and again under new IDs (think it's bad now, lol). Just in the last month, I've had this happen 4 or 5 times....and I know know I'm not alone. You just move on. :thumbup:

I agree. I have had so many of these over the years that it is ridiculous. I just had one a few days back on the Barnhart that I have listed now.

Bottom line is that, until the money is in the bank, the cue is not sold.

Joe

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0

There are several reasons why people say they will buy a cue, but don't follow through.
Some of the reasons aren't good ones, but it happens all the time, and I don't consider those deals.
I understand that your word is gospel and I always pay as fast as possible, which is pretty fast, but until there is an actual transaction of some kind, I don't consider it a deal.
If you accept an offer just keep business as usual until you see a payment, unless you know the person or know their reputation.
I've lost some offers while waiting for payments, and every situation is different, but I've never handed out a negative Itrader for not following through.
Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise, and if you think resolving problems with Paypal is easy, I can assure you that it is not.
Paypal can be subjective in certain situations, and sometimes pool cues fall in that category.

bigdaddy7115

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Az flake

I had a guy last year on this forum,a regular on the forum that after 30 plus email an asked me to please hold the cue till he got his money(gets paid on the first of the month) he had to have the cue then pooof ghost ,he would not return pms or emails i sold the cue a few weeks later, yup i was pissed but a negative itrader nope just wont do a deal with him again flake

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
318   0   0
I agree. I have had so many of these over the years that it is ridiculous. I just had one a few days back on the Barnhart that I have listed now.

Bottom line is that, until the money is in the bank, the cue is not sold.

Joe

which brings us back to the point of iTrader and when to leave one.

If someone says they want my cue, it is then 'sold pending payment' which means it's not actually sold until I get the money.

If the person who said they wanted my cue doesn't end up paying, there was no sale, only a broken promise.

I can't leave iTrader in this scenario, it was a non-sale.

I have experienced the very same frustrations with guys who have told me "I'll take it" then they don't.

Yes, it's frustrating, it's inconvenient, but in reality, it's part of sales.

And, again, I hope Zhou8747 is doing okay.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
I've been away from the forum for awhile, but have come back, and have a new outlook on several things, including this specific topic:

I have had so many guys back out of deals they committed to, that I actually stepped away from cues for quite awhile. (that issue and a few others) I will, from now on, be leaving negative itrader for "buyers", that commit to a deal, and then back out. People who have to deal with them in the future, need to know that they may back out.

Because of all the escrow I handle, on top of all the deals I have done personally, I have heard and witnessed every excuse possible and imaginable.

P.S. I have dealt with Zhou a few times, and never had any issues that I can recall, but that does not mean that this should not be in his itrader.

WolfBreed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Childish and ridiculous behavior

I seldom respond to these type of posts, but I wanted to relay a couple of my experiences. I set up a trade deal with a longtime AZer with an impeccable reputation. I was out of town for work and kept running into delays and was unable to complete the transaction. I'm sure the other party was upset, but he graciously accepted my apologies and moved along. The second incident was for a high end and high dollar cue that I agreed to purchase from another well respected AZer. Right in the middle of our deal, my wife of 30 years became suddenly ill and passed away 3 weeks later. Needless to say, I completely forgot about the deal and the seller didn't hear a word from me for 3 months. When I finally contacted him again, he sent his condolences and not only accepted my apologies, but was so very kind to send a sympathy card from him and his family. Both of these people could have easily taken to the forum to blast my reputation and I would've been crucified in the court of public opinion, as has become so common lately. I am just extremely grateful to have dealt with 2 people who understood that sometimes life gets in the way. I would only hope that others would choose to follow their lead and not be so quick to pass judgment. At the very least, we should take the time to find out all the details and facts before holding trial. How would some of you feel if you changed your mind about buying a car and the dealer filed a negative report to the credit bureau?

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I agree. maybe a Neutral I-trader should be left with a warning that this person may not follow through AFTER he committed to purchase.

Joe

I've been away from the forum for awhile, but have come back, and have a new outlook on several things, including this specific topic:

I have had so many guys back out of deals they committed to, that I actually stepped away from cues for quite awhile. (that issue and a few others) I will, from now on, be leaving negative itrader for "buyers", that commit to a deal, and then back out. People who have to deal with them in the future, need to know that they may back out.

Because of all the escrow I handle, on top of all the deals I have done personally, I have heard and witnessed every excuse possible and imaginable.

P.S. I have dealt with Zhou a few times, and never had any issues that I can recall, but that does not mean that this should not be in his itrader.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
How would some of you feel if you changed your mind about buying a car and the dealer filed a negative report to the credit bureau?

A car dealer would never consider a car sold on someones word. Until the car is paid for, it is for sale. If you had put a deposit on the car, and then backed out of the deal, you would lose the deposit.

The difference here is that, the seller takes the "buyer" at their word, and word only. Then is at the mercy of the "buyer".

Would it be acceptable if:
I agreed to sell a cue for a set price, to buyer A.
Before buyer A has made payment, buyer B makes an offer for a higher price, and pays instantly.
I then tell buyer A that the cue is no longer available to him?

P.S. I am sorry for your loss.