Tascarella compared to balabushka

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it pretty much the same cue,hit, specs and manufacturing? Or is it totally different? Thanks for all of the info.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Tascarella is the closest cue you can get made today that is like a Balabushka. The Pete's construct cues in the Balabushka tradition. Many of their designs are very similar if not the same as George. Tascarella cues today have slightly different specs than Balabushkas. They are usually made 58" vs 57 or 57.5", they are usually ordered 19oz vs 20oz, and the handles are slightly thinner than Balabushka. However, Tascarella will build a cue to your specs and will build a cue using Balabushka's specs if desired. The quality and workmanship of both Balabushka and Tascarella are both superb. I currently own 3 Tascarella cues and 2 Balabushkas, and have handled and played with many more examples of both, and they are truly special, every one of them. Hit is too subjective to really talk about but in my opinion, Pete's cues play second to none and are quite consistent. Balabushka cues are less consistent cue to cue, some are the most amazing playing cues on the planet but not all are.

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
thanks for the reply. This made it easier for me to decide wether to get a tascarella or not. Thanks again and have a great day.
:thumbup:

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the tasc IS the modern day bushka build it the same tradition and with the advancement in materials and joint construction, it is IMO a better cue and possibly one of the best cues investment wise....playability is matched by only a handful of other makers cues

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
It should be noted that that tradition is also based on the fact that Pete Tascarella's cues are made using George Balabushka's original lathe and other equipment. That helps to cement the Balabushka tradition in the modern age.

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all of the replies. I am in the process of deciding a traditional balabushka design (specs and all) that I wanted made. Thanks again to everyone that replied.

Bill Yerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all of the replies. I am in the process of deciding a traditional balabushka design (specs and all) that I wanted made. Thanks again to everyone that replied.

Get a $90 Players HXT4 and send me $100 of the $3k I saved you.
You can thank me later.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO Tascarella cues are better playing cues that Balabushka. I have owned several over the years.

I really enjoyed the Tascarella cues. I do however think they are overpriced, but price really doesnt have much to do with playablity it has more to do with demand.

The Balabushka cues I have played with, as noted above, had thicker handles which gave them a disadvantage in comparison.

As noted above, I also agree that cue to cue, the Tasc, are more consistant players.

IMO, Gus Szamboti cues are better built and you get the best of both worlds, playablity, consistantly and collectablity.

Your mileage may vary,

Ken

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with the above post that they are a bit over priced however he does produce consistantly well playing cues which kinda warrants the price. The Szamboti statement also probably holds true....either way you cant go wrong with a Tasc cuz if u dont like it for some strange reason u will always get ur money back