Runout Apps - Scorekeeper 2.0

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No more Pens, Paper or Clipboards. No more running score sheets or entering data manually.
This app saves thousands of man hours per week. It has the first shot timer created specifically for pool and can be used by any player.

http://vimeo.com/78388124

Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2.0 in use this last weekend in Chicago, providing the first ever live scorekeeping from the TAP Nationals

Attachments

• ro apps.jpg
    ro apps.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2,377
Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
POV Pool bringing live scoring to the masses.

Attachments

• Live Scoring.jpg
    Live Scoring.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,259
Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The timers are responsive and purpose built for Pool. When you open the app they start counting up, simply as a reference to observe the players shot time. When a player is observed breaking time?..they have a simple one touch feature, starting and resetting the countdown shot clock with a beep similar to mosconi at the end.

They can be set from 20 sec to 55 sec and have an integrated timeout clock as well.

This is the first purpose built timer for billiards.:thumbup:

Attachments

• RO Timer.jpg
    RO Timer.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2,197
Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dashboard Screen Shot. Time out in the upper left. Shot Clock & Timer in the upper Right.

The lower Dash Board Is revealed to track all timeouts, Error-8s, 8-Breaks & Break & Runs.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2013-10-29 21.14.56.jpg
    Screenshot 2013-10-29 21.14.56.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,116

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dashboard Screen Shot. Time out in the upper left. Shot Clock & Timer in the upper Right.

The lower Dash Board Is revealed to track all timeouts, Error-8s, 8-Breaks & Break & Runs.

If it's a silly question I apologise but what do the buttons mean?

levid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice work ! It's so nice to see someone else doing something positive with this idea and having success with it. I made a similar app called CueScore that I pitched to the APA league owners a few years ago. Unfortunately they weren't ready for it at that time but I've heard recently they are working on something of their own. I think it's a great idea and I'm sure you will do well with yours. Kudos to TAP for allowing it as well, that's great of them and a good opportunity.

In case it might help in some way. Here are a few app screenshots, the scoresheet my app creates, and our research doc. Just in case it might give you some ideas for future versions. I don't have a use for it now.

cuescore.jpg

cuescore-scoresheet.jpg

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11KO5WoWQJewm75cuoY3tSYfKQKUMrsgDjf2Wv11ME0k/edit

Best of luck,

Isaac Wooten
http://isaac.levid.com

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at the score sheet above is one of the reasons this app was devised. Players want simplicity.

The buttons correlate to the TAP scorekeeping system, which is Nationally handicapped. MOB - Made on Break, LOT Left on Table
This is our guess why there is no other league working toward mobile device scorekeeping that we are aware of, and currently do not have anything that compares a players skill level on a National level.
Anyone who wishes to compete must first build a nationally based system, which will take years and a mountain of data to sort out.

Even if the competition is successful bringing an app to market, They will first will need a Nationally based handicapping system to compete with TAPs Pool-net.

Furthermore, this is not a simple tabulator. Its a mobile scoring app that is fully integrated into TAPs Pool-net Handicapping system, which now allows the most precise data ever to Pool-net administrators.
We are now easily keeping track of every ball, in every game of TAP pool, which will now provide the most accurate handicapping known to mankind.

If one wishes to track skill levels based on a local handicapping system using "innings" like baseball??.........good luck with that.

The future of league pool handicapping has arrived. Fully automated and nationally handicapped.
RunOut Apps Scorekeeper 2.0 is in the Apps Store today, and has a state of the art timing system that players from any league will enjoy.

Attachments

• ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,982
Last edited:

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
For video!

The app worked great for video with one exception - and work is being done to quickly improve this issue.

The App has not yet been properly formatted to be used for a live stream as it takes up a lot of real estate on the screen. Below are two images. 1 - The way it looked on our live feed and the 2nd picture is a suggested improvement, which should be implemented soon.

All I can say is, that this is a exciting breakthrough for pool players and soon to be, broadcasters of this amazing sport!

Did I mention that I was the first to download this? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Great job, RunOut Apps!

Attachments

• ScoreKeeper2 Screen.jpg
    ScoreKeeper2 Screen.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,948
  • ScoreKeeper2 Improved.jpg
    ScoreKeeper2 Improved.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,939

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,but this thread seems as much like a big endorsement of TAP and their handicapping system,as it is to show off your new app.If not more.

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is about Runout Apps Scorekeeper 2.0. Scorekeeper 2.0 was developed by TAP members for all pool players.

Players call it innovative.
You can call it whatever you want.

We call it application development centered around all things pool.

9 Ball, 10 Ball, Challenge Match & Droid are all coming soon. We hope you enjoy:thumbup:

Attachments

• runout.jpg
    runout.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,916

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this available for iPad also, or only iPhone? Don't see it in the App Store for my iPad.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So how does someone not in TAP use this app? Seems you can't add a profile or start a match without using pre-established teams from the database. For example, if I want to use this app and try it out at my league match tonight.

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So how does someone not in TAP use this app? Seems you can't add a profile or start a match without using pre-established teams from the database. For example, if I want to use this app and try it out at my league match tonight.

This app integrates directly into TAPs universal, internet based POOL-net handicapping system only. No other league shares this platform so it cant be used for scoring in any other league. Action Match allows anyone to use it.

However.. there is a cloud based live sharing feature and an "Action Match" feature that will soon be released. It allows any two names to be entered and any desired race to be set giving you the option of statistical analysis from any mobile device.

Last edited:

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So then it wasn't designed for all pool players, and can't be used by any player, like you stated previously.

Edit: just trying to get clarity here, because had I known I wouldn't be able to use this app, as I don't play TAP, I wouldn't have wasted $.99

Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So then it wasn't designed for all pool players, and can't be used by any player, like you stated previously.

Edit: just trying to get clarity here, because had I known I wouldn't be able to use this app, as I don't play TAP, I wouldn't have wasted $.99

It is, and can be used by any player right now. And Licensees can submit match data into TAPs universal POOL-net handicapping system.

You didn't waste .99 This app has the only timer that is built specifically for pool, and has an action match feature that can be used by anyone..

Last edited:

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is, and can be used by any player right now. However you cant use the data to submit into any other system other than TAPs POOL-net.

You didn't waste .99 This app has the only timer that is built specifically for pool and can be used in ALL leagues.

I'll be the first to admit I'm lousy with tech for someone my age(29). If I were to use this to score a gambling match, for example,and wanted to use it for statistical analysis, how would I go about doing it? I downloaded the iPhone version for my iPad,btw.