If you ever catch me wearing a pool glove...

ktrepal85

Banned
If you ever catch me wearing a pool glove please kick me square in the nuts and snap my stick. I will immediately thank you and retire from pool.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

HurdyGurdy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL,

I will. Promise. But you have to promise that you'll pop the lenses from my glasses and gouge my eyes out with them if you ever catch me wearing a pool glove. Fair is fair.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
If you ever catch me wearing a pool glove please kick me square in the nuts and snap my stick. I will immediately thank you and retire from pool.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Yeah, I saw this dork out there on a recent stream...not only wearing a glove, but shooting with an extensioned Cuetec... Gawd, what a dork! The commentator called him Shane Van something or other. :rolleyes:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Yeah, I saw this dork out there on a recent stream...not only wearing a glove, but shooting with an extensioned Cuetec... Gawd, what a dork! The commentator called him Shane Van something or other. :rolleyes:

Quick somebody get in touch with Shane to tell him what a dork the op thinks he is! I'm sure he'll change everything!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

what do you do when someone with a glove beats you like a rented mule ? Cry yourself to sleep in the fetal position ??

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
what do you do when someone with a glove beats you like a rented mule ? Cry yourself to sleep in the fetal position ??

Very funny RJ, 90% of the top 3C players in the world use VERY high end gloves, ($20&up) for playing.

For 35 years I didn't wear a glove, once I started I never looked back!

If gives the player a consistent feel and stroke, especially in VERY humid areas of the World year round!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Very funny RJ, 90% of the top 3C players in the world use VERY high end gloves, ($20&up) for playing.

For 35 years I didn't wear a glove, once I started I never looked back!

If gives the player a consistent feel and stroke, especially in VERY humid areas of the World year round!

One of the best guys in the state, who happens to be on my team, also wears a glove. Heck, baseball players where batting gloves, and nobody gives them slack. I'm probably gonna make the switch one of these days and give it a whirl. Heck, if I don't like it, I'm only out $20 bucks. Plus, I figure, when my food comes, I can take off the glove and eat left handed since one hand will still be clean ;)

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I think the stigma of using a glove is pretty much gone...

When I was coming up playing, wearing a glove meant you were a banger...

In the last decade travelling and playing outside of Cali, I can appreciate what the glove offers and while I haven't bitten the big one and gotten one yet. I did make some finger sleeves I was playing with for a while, and I think I'm going to make myself a custom glove with padding in certain places here in the near future.

I guess it's kind of like paying for a kamui tip or higher end chalks. If it keeps you from screwing up one in twenty shots that you other wise would, who is anyone to tell you, you shouldn't use them.

Even if it's just a perception on your part, confidence plays a HUGE role in consistency.

Jaden

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had some fun with a glove. In the late 90's gloves were not as popular and many people I knew felt like the OP. I certainly did. I had two customers from Evansville, IN who liked to play $20 9 ball against me. I had won our first two sessions, solidly beating both guys. I believed I played above my general level and they, obsessed with beating me, played below their general game level. They really wanted a piece of my ass. I think both guys were better players.

I needed an edge for the next match because I felt the ice was broken and figured they would get me. I got a glove and waited to put it on after we started, acting like I forgot it. The first game my opponent broke, made a ball, and rattled the pocket around the 5 ball, leaving a cosmo. I remembered my glove, put it on, a ran out. I raved about the glove and the ease of stroke despite the crowed pool hall and the fact it was rather hot. They were really annoyed and of course crushed for the evening. I teased them about it for years.