Latest Technology in Pool balls

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8d729828ac6a04e5ac4f52dd1f2652dc.jpg

“I see a striped ball and I want it painted black...”

I am loving these Rolling Stones. I ordered them because I wanted a change of scenery but then my buddy explained to me all the technology they come with. Couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They use Duramith phenolic resin, same as the Aramith Tournament sets. Glad you like them Lux, enjoy. Duramith plays nice.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
They use Duramith phenolic resin, same as the Aramith Tournament sets. Glad you like them Lux, enjoy. Duramith plays nice.

If it is the same resin that aramith tournament sets comes with the technology is not new, is it?

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm looking at those thinking,
what kind of light is that?
A little tough if one, on occasion, uses the reflection of the 3 - 4 bulb set up as a mark
on the ball.

I don't know about ugly Jay, all new and shinny, well spread out on your open break and it's my turn..
they're only about $400 for the set, somebody likes them.

I've been looking at the black, the cyclops TV ones too, both having that alternate color scheme for the big top, showtime.

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of you guys will play with whatever set of balls that are put in front of you....whether you like how they look or not! As long as they are clean. :grin:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same as Duramith Tournament. Emily Frazier at Matchroom wanted a unique set for their events. This is what they came up with. Horrid imo.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what technology may make them better, but I prefer the traditional colors.

Absolutely.
The traditional colors are just fine.
Aramith is taking the same marketing strategy as Predator,
creating a need and supplying the need they created.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on your new balls and technology aside … that is the best they could come up with? Damn those are ugly balls. :shrug:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pink and lavender balls. Ugh. Did PC have something to do with this? The black part is OK.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely.
The traditional colors are just fine.
Aramith is taking the same marketing strategy as Predator,
creating a need and supplying the need they created.
The color layout for these was chosen mostly by Emily/Matchroom. They just had to have something different. "Supposedly" the Blacks show up better on cell-phone screens. Whatever. They still suck.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No thanks. Too hard to distinguish.

I go to Value Village. Often new, still in the box, ball sets...$20. Even better, Older collectable ones.

The lure of magic Cues, tips, Chalks, videos, gizmos, balls...easy to spot the aspiring newbies.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
of all the colors on a typical green or T-blue table, black is the most difficult for some of us to reference the edge. Can't see where those would be an improvement over traditional BBC colors

smt

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Most of you guys will play with whatever set of balls that are put in front of you....whether you like how they look or not! As long as they are clean. :grin:

That may be true but I can tell you I where I will not spend my money, that is on those black balls. I already have Aramith Tournaments in traditional colors, doubt I would take the blacks if they were free.