schon cue

mscue

Registered
I've been playing w/a Schon that someone gave me. I have to get a new tip put on it. I was wondering if anyone here knows what kind of tip Schon uses. Thanks

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
mscue said:
I've been playing w/a Schon that someone gave me. I have to get a new tip put on it. I was wondering if anyone here knows what kind of tip Schon uses. Thanks

It depends on how well you handle pressure. Now you probably handle pressure pretty good so you could probably use a soft headed tip. :D

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
mscue said:

I believe that Schon uses "Schon Tips"
I think they are a modified Le Pro.
Check their website Schon

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mscue said:

Schön uses a special made tip with a black plastic backing. I think they are water buffalo but regardless Seyberts might still sell them. If your tip does not have a backing no telling what brand it might be.

Rod

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Have a new schon shaft sitting here, has what hits and looks like a hard wb tip. I personally don't like the schon stock tip at all.

pete lafond

pete.l@slipstic.com
Silver Member
cubswin said:
Have a new schon shaft sitting here, has what hits and looks like a hard wb tip. I personally don't like the schon stock tip at all.

It is a hard tip and I do like it very much. Some do not, it's all what you like. What tip do you use on your Schon?

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pete lafond said:
It is a hard tip and I do like it very much. Some do not, it's all what you like. What tip do you use on your Schon?

I play with a stock tip and consider them med hard. Before I bought several, to me they were the most consistant tip and hold chalk well. I kept getting all different hardness ranges from other tips, like a lepro, you never know.

I use to prefer the WB tip but they changed there mixture so in search I went. Schon use to come with a med tip and after a little break in I liked them best. All I want is consistancy and hold chalk well in a med hard tip.

The problem is, tip suppliers are not consistant especially in that range IMO.

Rod

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
pete lafond said:

I usually use a hard lepro, right now I'm using a tiger everest. The schon tips I've had tend to ping a bit, and I just don't like the sound.

Like the everest quite a bit, though it has taken some getting used to.

pete lafond

pete.l@slipstic.com
Silver Member
cubswin said:
I usually use a hard lepro, right now I'm using a tiger everest. The schon tips I've had tend to ping a bit, and I just don't like the sound.

Like the everest quite a bit, though it has taken some getting used to.

I'm going to give Tiger Everst a try on my 2nd shaft. I'll let you know how I like it. Thanks for getting back to me.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
pete lafond said:
I'm going to give Tiger Everst a try on my 2nd shaft. I'll let you know how I like it. Thanks for getting back to me.

No problem. Not sure about the everest. It doesn't mushroom, get good english with it, nice hit. Its just taking me a while to really get comfy with it. Have had it on that shaft for about week and half now. Tonight I played with a different shaft that had a le pro on it. (in other words I was playing like crap and I can't blame my stroke, confidence, stance, or any of the hundred of other reasons *lol*)

Have another cue with a tailsman medium on it, think the everest plays about like the tailsman. It does feel a bit harder though.

Last edited:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Schon tips

> Evan told me years ago that these are a repressed WB,very similar to the Sumo,and can be bought from Schon with the pad or without. I like them,but like the vise-compressed Sumos even better. Unless someone comes up off their stash of the original XH Moori's,I'll NEVER use another layered tip on my own cues. Tommy D.