Purpose of this Forum

Jerry Forsyth

Live streaming of pool events is gaining in popularity and AZB wishes to provide a clearing-house for all streamers. While our exact format is not yet finalized, we will have a place on AZB where all pool fans can go to to check out the upcoming live streams from all streamers, both free and PPV. Among the goals we would like to accomplish are:

1) If you are a streamer, whether you are a regional tour, a pro group, or a league that streams events, please send us your streaming schedule as often as you can. Include the name of your stream (TAR, ProPoolVideo, AZBTV, On the Rail, etc) and a link to where fans can go view your stuff. The more info you can send us, the better. We will come up with a format (on the forums and on the main site) where fans can see what events are being streamed and we will publish your match schedules, etc. Please remember to tell us what time zone your broadcast will be originating from. Of course, there is no charge for this service. Send your info to: Jerry@azbilliards.com

2) Streaming is still in the very early stages of development and there are many problems. Streamers should use this forum to talk about the problems they may be having with jerky video, sound, camera switching, etc. and others who have already solved these problems should share their workarounds. The goal is for everyone to present the best possible product.

3) Even free streamers need income. We will push advertisers to pick the streamers whose work they like best and then to send us a list of those whom they wish to advertise with. If, for instance, a table company and a cue company wish to advertise with four different streams in a given month we will negotiate a fair price for this, collect the money from the advertisers, and disburse those funds to the different streamers. We will take a small percentage (at this point we think it will be around 5-8%) for our bookkeeping trouble and distribute the rest of the funds evenly among the streamers. We cannot base this distribution upon viewership or give more to one stream than another (unless the advertiser tells us to and how to do so as this could become a time-sucking nightmare).

4) And we need your ideas! Tell us how you feel we can make streaming more popular and give us whatever creative input you have. Our basic goal is to be the "TV Guide" of pool streaming, but this could morph into whatever the marketplace desires.

Let's paddle on down the streams!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I think this is a great idea!If you can find me advertisers then that would be great,I have not been looking hard but I am about to start promoting the site and seeking sponsors,its very affordable! :smile:

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Great idea Thanks Jerry

I'm in the same boat Lenny ,congrats on the baby girl on the way btw .
This is a great idea and I hope we can all work together on ideas
etc...I still need to talk to ustream about adding banners and a
score . I think I read somewhere how to do it but I forgot .

BTW :Whoever it was that did the GSBT tournament in Fayettville
did one of the best jobs streaming I have ever seen .I think we
need them on here for tech support .I know they were using
multiple cams and a great internet connection ,also I am guessing
they probably had a( hardware )video encoding card as opposed to
just using software encoding which will give you a much better
end result .I have all this except a hardware encoding card .....I
blew my wad on 5 really good cameras so I have that covered and
a card that will get great results until I do a little more research
and sell a tv or two and get a better card .
.Oh ...just thought about it SDE is also very knowledgeable
in Cameras and really helped me out doing my 1st few streams .THANKS SDE !!!
you rock man ! Sorry I did not mean to ramble on but I had a BIG cup of
coffee after leauges tonight and was extremely glad to see this added to AZB

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Matt90 said:
I'm in the same boat Lenny ,congrats on the baby girl on the way btw .
This is a great idea and I hope we can all work together on ideas
etc...I still need to talk to ustream about adding banners and a
score . I think I read somewhere how to do it but I forgot .

BTW :Whoever it was that did the GSBT tournament in Fayettville
did one of the best jobs streaming I have ever seen .I think we
need them on here for tech support .I know they were using
multiple cams and a great internet connection ,also I am guessing
they probably had a( hardware )video encoding card as opposed to
just using software encoding which will give you a much better
end result .I have all this except a hardware encoding card .....I
blew my wad on 5 really good cameras so I have that covered and
a card that will get great results until I do a little more research
and sell a tv or two and get a better card .
.Oh ...just thought about it SDE is also very knowledgeable
in Cameras and really helped me out doing my 1st few streams .THANKS SDE !!!
you rock man ! Sorry I did not mean to ramble on but I had a BIG cup of
coffee after leauges tonight and was extremely glad to see this added to AZB
Thanks Matt.When you are in the broadcaster and you see that there is the advanced settings and others you just click on overlays and go in there and you can add the score and banner,you can change the color of font and background along with size and speed of the banner.Hope this helps.I dont think the GSBT was the best,I think TAR has had the best quality wise,the handheld camera and commentary were very good but as for clarity TAR has had the clearest and cleanest broadcast. :smile:

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
well yeah

But I mean for free :D

I remembered the overlays but also there is a program called
cam twist .....thats it .It does alot of cool stuff as well as web
cam max.Just like SDE said just read the help files at ustream
Oh well ....I am not a slow learner just a quick forgetter at times

mrflusters

Registered
Trouble streaming

Hi
I have trouble watching streaming because it keeps buffering every few seconds? How can I fix this?

THANKS AGAIN

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi
I have trouble watching streaming because it keeps buffering every few seconds? How can I fix this?

THANKS AGAIN

This could be a number if things.

I would start with a few things:

1. run a speed test on your connection (*with all other internet devices off) www.speedtest.net You should have at least 5mb down to watch with nothing else running. I have 30mb down. Sometimes an internet upgrade is not that expensive.

2. clear your cache - I use cCleaner. It's free and pretty thorough. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard . I recommend this at least once a week.

3. Find out what video card you are using or if you video is integrated. If your card is weak you may be able to upgrade it or your RAM.

Good luck with it.

Ray

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
This could be a number if things.

I would start with a few things:

1. run a speed test on your connection (*with all other internet devices off) www.speedtest.net You should have at least 5mb down to watch with nothing else running. I have 30mb down. Sometimes an internet upgrade is not that expensive.

2. clear your cache - I use cCleaner. It's free and pretty thorough. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard . I recommend this at least once a week.

3. Find out what video card you are using or if you video is integrated. If your card is weak you may be able to upgrade it or your RAM.

Good luck with it.

Ray

I'm not having too many issues but I'll check this out anyway.
Thanks for the links

Good luck to Ray and all of the streamers, I admire the what they do.
This new format should help give recognition to the work that the streamers do for us, and improve the viewing as well.
Another good day in pool.

Happy Easter

dopop62

Registered
Event pass for Frost/Pagulayan match

Recently purchased the event pass ($24.95) for the Frost/Pagulayan one-pocket-8-ahead match. It seems it's gonna take a little longer than the original three days
that was planned. Presently, the score is 30 games to 31 games (Pagulayan leads).

Evidently it's gonna cost more to see the rest of this "event" than the advertised price. It could end up taking a lot longer. I don't think I'll spend more to see how
it ends.

Thanks a lot poolactiontv..
dopop60

Spantiznik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Group,

I was wondering if anyone has a good link for a walk through on how to setup a stream ?

Have been searching and looking at Wireless IP Camera's so I don't have to worry about messy wires as the location that I would like to stream from, Has a lot of foot traffic.

The Nest Cam looks good, not to expensive camera (under 200$), even though its more of a security camera. https://nest.com/camera/meet-nest-cam/

If the first setup goes well, I want to be able to place multiply Cam's to record/ stream more tables.

Any help is greatly appreciated

poolhallbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure this will help?

But a high speed internet connection is the most important thing needed or else every thing else is not gonna be good. That said it is always better to stream PRO's since few
want to watch amateur bangers do their thing. Finally, FREE is better than PPV and most people watching will agree since few have the ability to pay to watch. Hope these
tips help since we always need fresh streams to watch:thumbup:

WilliamK

Registered
But a high speed internet connection is the most important thing
If anyone has tried video streaming via NBN connected at their club and found that result so laggy that it was unbearable to watch, the fault will be with the Internet connection and the plan that you are on.

For example most home connections vary depending on the plan you use which are cost based. Download capacity can vary between 5 to 100 Mb/sec and more which may seem ample for sending a 3-400/ksec stream to Facebook or YouTube, but there is a lot more to it than that.
First is the difference between terminology because IT services talk in megabits while the public thinks it is about megabytes and the difference is 1,000 times at a time.

Next thing to realise is that having a download speed of 30 Mbps will most likely give you less than 4Mbps upload speed because 1/8th is the minimum that they allow for back channel. Back channel is required to send packet receipts, because all data is downloaded in packets (chunks) and after every packet has been received, a receipt is sent to let the server know to send the next packet.
But even having ample bandwidth may not be the solution in some areas and at certain times of the day, like when everyone in that area is connected and downloading something. That is because each pickup point, line out or tower is throttled just like each Internet plan that end users have. Why throttling is applied even at the ISP end is because they are paying for data too, and if consumption goes through the roof, so does their running cost. So everyone, including your ISP, is sucking through a straw and the speed of the service at your end depends on how many.

But most ISPs can be flexible and can cater for special requirements. In fact they might already have better connection plans available and all you have to do is ask.

The other day I performed some speed tests on my home connection and got 57/8 Mb download/upload. Higher plans are available but that is all that I need. Then I tested a mobile NBN modem that I take on the road and got 7.1/1.5. I haven't tried streaming with this one but don't expect much.

Then I went to the Gympie Snooker Club where they have only recently changed the service provider and the test result was 48/16 Mbps. Now that is a whopping 1/3rd backchannel allowance and the connectivity is fantastic. This service was upgraded due to woeful results with video streams.

The smaller companies can and will in most cases offer better pricing and service.