Kamuii tip tool

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received mine from Troy "KOINNKID".And these work great!It did help to watch the video.I think this is a great investment for longer life from your tips.They are very easy to use and scuff very nicely.Great product here!A+++.I can't recommend them enough to players that use layered tips!IMO

-J.R.

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used mine several times now.I'm pleased with how it works.I believe it will help my tips last longer as well.Well worth the money.IMO

-J.R.

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
I have to ask. Isn't it just a flat piece of wood with sandpaper on it? I could be wrong.

twal

"W"
Silver Member
It looks like a flat board with sand paper on it to me :D
I can do that in my garage.

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just another useless tip tool in my opinion. I won one so I watched the video, thought about it and said no way am I going to roll the butt end of my expensive cue around on the floor like that, plus if you dont get the angle correct you can mess up your $45.00 Kamuii tip pretty quick in my opinion. So this tip tool gets tossed into the useless pool accessory junk drawer. Just my opinion.:barf:

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
I have used mine several times now.I'm pleased with how it works.I believe it will help my tips last longer as well.Well worth the money.IMO

-J.R.

Just my opinion but if you have had to use it "several times" then it doesn't seem to worth it.

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was my question also!

CocoboloCowboy,
Its either a piece of brown teak or black ebony (I think) that is rectangular shaped, there are two pieces of this wood that match up and are held together with tiny magnets on the four corners. Inside is a stainless steel piece of rough sand paper type metal that you work your tip on. I personally will not use it for the reasons I gave in my earlier post. Overpriced gimmick as far as I am concerned.

Headmuses

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
CocoboloCowboy,
Its either a piece of brown teak or black ebony (I think) that is rectangular shaped, there are two pieces of this wood that match up and are held together with tiny magnets on the four corners. Inside is a stainless steel piece of rough sand paper type metal that you work your tip on. I personally will not use it for the reasons I gave in my earlier post. Overpriced gimmick as far as I am concerned.

Headmuses

Thanks for you appraisal of said product.

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my opinion but if you have had to use it "several times" then it doesn't seem to worth it.

I used it several times because I own more than one cue.I am still very pleased with mine.It does seem to be easier on my layered tips than other tip tools.
It seems to just "scuff" my tips perfectly.Doesn't pull or loosen a layer like I have had some in the past.
I'm still very happy with mine and would buy another if needed.Just my 2 cents.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jmo here but i like this thing. just the right amount of scuff, its hardly noticeable in your pocket, it wont wear-out. based on the interest mine and a coupla others here in the room have gotten i think it's a winner. i agree price is kinda high but wtf, i kinda like gadgets and this one works.

MoNkEyNuTz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use mine quite often on my cues. It is easy to use and even better, it is easy to clean. Yes it is just stainless steel betweeen 2 pieces of wood but I am too lazy to make one of my own.

Thanks Kamui for the tips and the easy, "gimmicky" tool... :)

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
I'll stick to my WILLARDS shaper. It shapes,scuffs,& it's cheap. The dime for my shooter & the nickel for my breaker.

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I got my gator grip a couple months ago.
It's a little overpriced, but as with the tips and chalk.... You get what you pay for.
It's a really efficient tool that does what it says it does.
Does a very nice job of scuffing the tip with minimal wear on the tip.
I have just about every different pick and scuffed out there, this one is in my case and the others aren't.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my gator grip a couple months ago.
It's a little overpriced, but as with the tips and chalk.... You get what you pay for.
It's a really efficient tool that does what it says it does.
Does a very nice job of scuffing the tip with minimal wear on the tip.
I have just about every different pick and scuffed out there, this one is in my case and the others aren't.

My sentiments exactly.

Railbird Hero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently was able to try one out and I like it. Im not sure Im ready to buy my own but If I had an extra 50$ I probably would. It works very well, and as I usually use a tapper of pick to scuff and aerate, which do their intended jobs well enough I would use the gator grip if I owned one.