Please Help Me Fix My STROKE

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you have one of these tools?

Yes. Used it to help the timing of my stroke. It definitely lets you know if there's any tip steering or other wonky stroke things happening. It's the next best thing to having a good instructor stand next to you to point out any flaws. Sometimes even better, because it picks up things that are difficult to see by simply watching.

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes. Used it to help the timing of my stroke. It definitely lets you know if there's any tip steering or other wonky stroke things happening. It's the next best thing to having a good instructor stand next to you to point out any flaws. Sometimes even better, because it picks up things that are difficult to see by simply watching.

I just now ordered one. I've had to shorten my bridge length. With my normal bridge, at break speed, I have a little left English and can not get rid of it.... except with a shorter bridge.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I just now ordered one. I've had to shorten my bridge length. With my normal bridge, at break speed, I have a little left English and can not get rid of it.... except with a shorter bridge.

Here's a screenshot of the things it detects. The app explains what each parameter means.

picture.php

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a screenshot of the things it detects. The app explains what each parameter means.

picture.php

That looks like a great stroke. Was this after you have worked with the device? There is a guy with this device on the Main Thread asking about his results.

Twalte

Registered
That looks like a great stroke. Was this after you have worked with the device? There is a guy with this device on the Main Thread asking about his results.

Yes, I was inquiring if it’s normal to see lower follow through on draw strokes. The best I’m getting is a 6 or 7 on follow through.....and even worse on draw shots, Is that normal? Thanks!

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

This was after a few dozen shots, working on staying down after the shot and working on that slight pause before the final stroke. The other parameters were already showing good from the start. Having slacked off over the last couple of years on how often I play, I developed a bad habit of rushing shots and rushing from one shot to the next. This little gadget allowed me to get a good feel for my timing. Now I'm back in tune with a more timed shot process and more consistency. It's a great boost to confidence when you run a couple of racks then check the app and see every shot in the green on every parameter. That's what makes the thing so beneficial -- immediate, real-time feedback.

The "Follow Through" isn't how far you follow through with the stroke. It measures the acceleration of the cue during follow through, and that's what gives a good result.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
my results were not as enthusiastic as i could hit a perfect stop shot and the buzzers would go off . also it told me there were issues but not how to fix them

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

You have an amazing stroke. I'd bet very few pros could beat that. Do you use a pendulum stroke or piston stroke.... or both? I got mine today and working on it. I can't wait to see my playing buddy's.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

You have an amazing stroke. I'd bet very few pros could beat that. Do you use a pendulum stroke or piston stroke.... or both? I got mine today and working on it. I can't wait to see my playing buddy's.

Here's the thing.... I can slip that cool tool onto the butt of my cue and hit a couple dozen excellent strokes, as analyzed, but then fall into the red on the "follow through" or "backstroke pause" or "finish" parameters (or all three!) on a couple of shots. I seem to rush a few shots every now and then, which could lead to a missed shot on occasion. I need to spend a little more time with my digi when life permits me to do so.:smile:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's the thing.... I can slip that cool tool onto the butt of my cue and hit a couple dozen excellent strokes, as analyzed, but then fall into the red on the "follow through" or "backstroke pause" or "finish" parameters (or all three!) on a couple of shots. I seem to rush a few shots every now and then, which could lead to a missed shot on occasion. I need to spend a little more time with my digi when life permits me to do so.:smile:

Tell me about your stroke or video tape it. I would love to see it. You could be the Digicue Blue instructor! If not a video, please tell me if you use a pure pendulum or piston or both.
Also, has the Digicue helped your stroke? I've practiced enough with it to see the results and trying to get it better. The follow through is an acceleration through the cue ball and I only had a 6 or so. Need to accelerate.

Last edited: