Olhausen Monarch Materials

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not looking for a Brunswick vs Olhausen vs Diamond debate since I can easily search that. I am wondering if someone could answer a question for me. Is most of the wood on a Olhausen Monarch solid? I am assuming the pedestals and apron are MDF with veneer with the bed/frame being solid. Attached is the table in question. Any help is appreciated.

One more thing, is $600 fair?

Attachments

• 00505_54h7Wu941oX_600x450.jpg
    00505_54h7Wu941oX_600x450.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not looking for a Brunswick vs Olhausen vs Diamond debate since I can easily search that. I am wondering if someone could answer a question for me. Is most of the wood on a Olhausen Monarch solid? I am assuming the pedestals and apron are MDF with veneer with the bed/frame being solid. Attached is the table in question. Any help is appreciated.

One more thing, is $600 fair?

Rails are solid hardwood, the rest is plywood and particleboard

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks for your response RKC. Is it safe for me to assume that they have used the material in a well constructed way structurally? I know it won't bea GC or Diamond but I'm having a hard time finding a solid 8 footer in my area.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks for your response RKC. Is it safe for me to assume that they have used the material in a well constructed way structurally? I know it won't bea GC or Diamond but I'm having a hard time finding a solid 8 footer in my area.

Look it's not a rolls Royce and it's not a lemon. It'll do just fine!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Anyone who refers to themselves as a pool table mechanic....wouldn't avoid working on that table. I have a list of pool tables a mile long that I refuse to work on, but Olhausen tables are not on that list.