Show your palmers

fromthebeginnin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets see some of the Palmers out there. I started out playing with one and still love the old one's. #1 Larry Lisciotti Palmer in the bluebook of cues. I have never seen one like it with the silver ring work and Szamboti blank #2 #20 Supreme unrestored with two shafts in beautiful condition #3 #16 third catalogue I bought new in 1980 with the Fellini case still have both in like new condition #4 Model H from the little known 1st 1st catalogue I am told less than 50 were made and an expert you all know said he has one and has not seen another. It came with the original case and fantastic original finish. Enjoy and lets see some other wood. Randy

Nice Palmer collection Randy. Rich LaBarbera

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paradise and Palmer - High-End and Low-End

Attachments

• Paradise & Palmer in gold Resized.jpg
    Paradise & Palmer in gold Resized.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 705

Barry13

Registered
Palmer's Ebony Points

Palmer's Ebony Points

Attachments

• K5K 2.jpg
    K5K 2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 648
  • K5K 3.jpg
    K5K 3.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 647
  • K5K 4.jpg
    K5K 4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 646
  • K5K 6.jpg
    K5K 6.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 650
  • K5K 8.jpg
    K5K 8.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 652

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny Gartner Palmer and Paradise

The Paradise is original. I purchased the Palmer already refinished with an incorrectly shaped replacement butt cap and non-original black wrap. After speaking with the second owner of this cue who bought it from the Gartner family, I was able to determine that the cue was originally wrapped with green speck linen and that the 13.75mm shafts were original to the cue. The case is a modern case and not original to either cue.

Danny Gartner was the 14:1 NJ State champ in 1964-1965 and a contender with the best of his era.

Attachments

• rsz_img_1134 - Use.jpg
    rsz_img_1134 - Use.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 622
  • rsz_1img_1135 - Use.jpg
    rsz_1img_1135 - Use.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 615
  • rsz_1img_1136 - Use.jpg
    rsz_1img_1136 - Use.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
The Paradise is original. I purchased the Palmer already refinished with an incorrectly shaped replacement butt cap and non-original black wrap. After speaking with the second owner of this cue who bought it from the Gartner family, I was able to determine that the cue was originally wrapped with green speck linen and that the 13.75mm shafts were original to the cue. The case is a modern case and not original to either cue.

Danny Gartner was the 14:1 NJ State champ in 1964-1965 and a contender with the best of his era.

Love them both!

Josh

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Specials

I love all Palmers, well almost all, but I especially appreciate the non-catalog cues and those that are original.

Sbmiited for your approval are a Pre-Third Catalog Model 20 with +200 inlays which needed some rehab in the back-end and a Pre-Second Catalog "Model J" which is 100% Original.

Attachments

• Palmer - 20 - J - rsz_img_1368.jpg
    Palmer - 20 - J - rsz_img_1368.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 577
  • Palmer - 20 - J - rsz_img_1369.jpg
    Palmer - 20 - J - rsz_img_1369.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 538
  • Palmer - 20 - J - rsz_img_1370.jpg
    Palmer - 20 - J - rsz_img_1370.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 540

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmer Model E (E for ebony)

Presently being refinished by Paul Drexler. Palmer Model E.

Palmer Model E - 1.jpg

Palmer Model E - 9.jpg

Palmer Model E - 14.jpg

Palmer Model E - 17.jpg

Last edited:

blackwidows

BLACKWIDOWS
Silver Member
Hi AZ fans. I am thinking of selling my Palmer collection which includes many cues and several original Palmer cases. If anyone has an interest, please pm me. Thanks. You can see most of them on pages 6-9

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mistaken Identity

I thought I was purchasing a third Catalog Model 14. I actually recieved a first catalog Model 5. I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised~!!! Enjoy

Palmer Model 5 - 5.jpg

Palmer Model 5 - 7.jpg

Palmer Model 5 - 9.jpg

Palmer Model 5 - 24.jpg

Palmer Model 5 - 25.jpg

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Naked Model 8

Wrapless Third Catalog Model 8 - Mission Accomplished

This is a project I've been trying to put together, no pun intended, for a couple of years. There exists at least one wrapless Titlist Palmer and at least one other wrapless Model 8 and they are both beautiful cues with their natural woods showing uninterrupted by a wrap.

The problem encountered was that one can't simply turn down a wrapped cue, you need to start with a cue that never had a wrap. I found an otherwise suitable Palmer blank but it had a defect in the form of a crack in the handle. Then I stumbled upon another to use for this cue.

I owned all the other genuine Palmer parts: butt cap, weight bolt, rings, window, foil, etc. as well as the pin, joint and ringwork at the business end.

Paul F. Drexler put it together and made a matching shaft out of his excellent shaft wood and created a beautiful cue.

It may not have been assembled in the Palmer shop but except for the shaft, it was built entirely from Palmer parts.

Attachments

• Wrapless Model 8 - a - DELETE.jpg
    Wrapless Model 8 - a - DELETE.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 381
  • Wrapless Model 8 - b - DELETE.jpg
    Wrapless Model 8 - b - DELETE.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 378
  • Wrapless Model 8 - c - DELETE.jpg
    Wrapless Model 8 - c - DELETE.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 376
  • Wrapless Model 8 - d - DELETE.jpg
    Wrapless Model 8 - d - DELETE.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 374

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Szamboti/Palmer Model E (E for ebony)

Just received from PFD Studios after being refinished. Enjoy the photos~!

Szamboti-Palmer - 2.jpg

Szamboti-Palmer - 3.jpg

Szamboti-Palmer - 4.jpg

Szamboti-Palmer - 5.jpg

Szamboti-Palmer - 6.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread, the historic cue thread, and the block letter Joss thread are among my favorites.

Keep them coming! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received from PFD Studios after being refinished. Enjoy the photos~!

Looks great. Actually, it looked pretty good before. But the refresh (and possibly a new shaft??) should set you up to start playing. Congratulations. Don't let it sit in a closet. Have fun with it.

Lizardking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks great. Actually, it looked pretty good before. But the refresh (and possibly a new shaft??) should set you up to start playing. Congratulations. Don't let it sit in a closet. Have fun with it.

Thank you for your comments! No intentions on letting it sit, it is a shooter!

Cheers,
Tony

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few from ~1965 - ~1973. The cues witih gold wraps are original and unrestored.

Attachments

• Palmer - 58384434_2513082398703810_1318313595594866688_n - DELETE.jpg
    Palmer - 58384434_2513082398703810_1318313595594866688_n - DELETE.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 510